Aaron Colvin released

ET80

37 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Signing Gaines to replace him is not "turning the page"

It's going about 50 pages back. Phillip Gaines is on the Fred Bennett/Petey Faggins tier of CB... Colvin is as well, so we're swapping out one disaster for another.

40 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It's going about 50 pages back. Phillip Gaines is on the Fred Bennett/Petey Faggins tier of CB... Colvin is as well, so we're swapping out one disaster for another.

No we got rid of a major free agent signing and we added a 1 year roster fringe player who probably doesn’t figure into our plans. 

Its not an even Gaines for Colvin trade. 

5 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

No we got rid of a major free agent signing and we added a 1 year roster fringe player who probably doesn’t figure into our plans. 

Its not an even Gaines for Colvin trade. 

But Gaines is still going to have to play snaps - unless the plan is to elevate Lonnie Johnson into the top three CB rotation, with Roby or Joseph playing the slot (Joseph in the slot is a 65+ yard TD waiting to happen). 

Gaines on the field is a bad thing, he's going to get beat just like Colvin. He's also a penalty machine, he led the league in PI calls last season as a part time player for Buffalo. Let that sink in.

I hope he doesn't play much. Colvin isn't better, sure. But... he's not worse.

This is WHY head coaches don't run personnel, especially emotionally unintelligent wind bags like BOb who have zero competency in long range management.  Colvin flat sucked, but that's worthy of a benching, not incurring an $8m cap hit after you decided Jackson, Mathieu weren't worth the money and Hal walked away.  Gee, perhaps you shouldn't have thrown away the pass rush and sideline to sideline run stopping speed of your 2nd best defensive player and paid $7 million for the privilege, because you got butthurt over basic negotiation tactics.  If you are cutting starters one week into a season, you have done a poor job of evaluating your personnel and putting them in a position to succeed, and like everything else this off season is just reactionary zero-plan incompetence. BRC was objectively better than Colvin all pre-season, yet he wasn't worthy of a longer look if you weren't sold on Colvin, but keeping him guarantees his full season paycheck.  Are you really telling me, nobody would even pay a late round draft pick for a guy we paid $34m/4 years just last year? 

We lost that football game, because we don't have a head coach who oversees things and pays attention to clock management and strategic thinking especially in the heat of the moment.  The dude literally has to call a timeout to figure out every time there is a decision to be made like "go for it" or a sudden change play like a successful long-pass killing any momentum or utilizing the element of surprise in his favor.  Sitting back in prevent against hall of fame QBs is a lesson no head coach should need to learn more than once better yet the 10 times it's happened under BOb (5 with Watson alone).  Blame RAC all you want, but BOb has been granted the title of lord overseer of everything for this franchise and part of that is stepping in during critical moments of the game to make sure your voice is heard or better yet, that sending 3 safeties 30 yards deep and cbs 10 yards deep when 8 is need for field goal range is never even considered.  The dude has ZERO situational awareness and ZERO utilization of analytics that would tell you that long field goals at home are a probability while successful hail mary's are not especially when they are holding a TO for the kick, dumbass.  

Edited by Apollo Stallion
  • Like 5

BTW - Ironically, this reminded me of the time when BOb wanted to cut Ryan Mallett for missing the flight to Miami.  Trust me, I hated Ryan Mallett with a mad passion as he was a big sulking selfish baby with an obvious alcohol and possibly coke problem, but you don't punish your team by having Shane Lechler as your backup QB. I'm all for making a statement and Mallett's habitual tardiness and costing us a game by not disclosing an injury were more than enough to warrant a beautiful perp walk in front of the team, but a) it should never have gotten to that point and b) you have to have a better option before you make the move and it was shocking that Bob needed to be told that not having a backup QB for a game would be a problem considering his QBs have been crash test dummies since the day he arrived. Of course, Hoyer's kids will be wiping drool from his mouth in a few years due to the KC playoff game concussion malpractice that year, but I digress. Anyone else think TJ Yates is just here coaching because we know we'll end up needing him knowing the playbook soon enough and he's the only ex-Obrien QB without brain damage?

Well, shocker, that I see today that dreaded TMZ sports report our old pal Mallett crossed a center median and smashed into a couple while smashed last night.  On top of the DWI, he got multiple other charges.  Dude always personified "peaked in high school" bullying / date raping douchebag vibe for me and now he's out nearly killing folks on the streets of Arkansas.  Be careful out there PDilly especially if the XFL decides to throw this tall fat hillybilly version of JFF a paycheck. I can't wait to see him pouting in his mugshot like he was when Hoyer was out there playing.

• Like 2