Minkah Fitzpatrick

mwalker

6 minutes ago, warfelg said:

$55mil actually. We need him to play to be traded. Or retire without a physical. If he retires with a physical failed he’s owed $16mil, then $14.5mil. 

you're right, I forget they gave that ridiculous injury amount of 16/14  I was just looking back at the signing bonuses.

Yikes, it's way worse than I thought.

They need to get him to renegotiate down to a lower deal and funnel him some $ under the table like the Tom Brady sports medicine business that the team frequents.

Edited by SlevinKelevra

Haden
Nelson
Edmunds
Fitzpatrick
(and Hilton)

If anyone would've said that was a possible D-back field for us a year ago,
I'd have been over the moon.

This is good talent. I agree with many here, Butler is the problem on D,
but this is promising. We still have holes overall - a WR that can separate,
someone on the other side of Watt and some overall speed on offense,
but this is a good to very good roster. If Mason can play well, we might be in
a very interesting place.

I'm happy about this trade.

• Like 1

I like the trade. I think we still have a good shot at 10 wins. The offense will get scaled back a bit, and that's probably a good thing. Fichtner is going to be under less pressure with Mason. Rudolph's youthful play fits with the younger skill position players better and Washington will benefit from the move. The defense was already pretty good, but not great. I think with a good cover guy in the slot and on the backend, they will be good enough to win some games for us. Remember, the defense was two flukes away from scoring two TDs Sunday. We couldn't cover the middle of the field, now we have tons of athletes that can cover the middle. Bush will improve, Barron probably gets more comfortable, Sutton and Nelson looked  pretty good last week, plug in Minkah in the slot or back deep. We've got a very versatile defense that can do a lot. Apparently Minkah is a fiery competitor, that'll help. He's a smart football player too, that'll help with our overall defensive scheme. Plus he's dirt cheap for 3 more years. 

• Like 3

This is an excellent trade for the Steelers. Fitzpatrick is better than Grant Delpit if the LSU Tigers and has a year of NFL experience. He is no CB but can play there. He is a Slot or Safety who is smart, competitive, and tough and as a bonus, he is a playmaker. He will immediately make this DB group better. Hilton is an excellent Blitzer and great tackler but he can't cover well. Fitzpatrick is exactly what this team has been missing. Now we need to replace ole Bud.

• Like 3