2020 Draft thread

lavar703

11 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

scherrf in 15(5), williams in 10(4) Samuels in 2000 (3) 

I mean that doesnt seem out of the ordinary tome

If we use one on Thomas that will be 3 top 5 picks on OL since 2010. I can’t imagine there’s another team in the league that has done that. One, because it’s stupid. Two, because top 5 picks are supposed to be used on difference makers which most OL are not. 

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

If we use one on Thomas that will be 3 top 5 picks on OL since 2010. I can’t imagine there’s another team in the league that has done that. One, because it’s stupid. Two, because top 5 picks are supposed to be used on difference makers which most OL are not. 

I know Dallas got Smith, their C, and Collins a would be 1st round pick on their Oline.

Are you saying Andrew Thomas isn't gonna be a difference maker? Do you want Haskins to end up on IR because his OLine can't protect him?

Edited by Skins212689

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I think it’s hilarious that we keep being forced to use top 5 picks on OL. 

If you want your QB to succeed you should be drafting some OLinemen in the top 5 spots. I know you really want Young but you have to start thinking realistic about what the team NEEDS. THOMAS is a Need for Haskins so he has time to throw in the pocket and isn't taken the same beating he has taken this year in the future. Also who on the OLine is gonna stop Chase Young if the Giants get him? You have to give Haskins a OLine especially if the plan is to keep him in games when he's CLEARLY hurt yet but will still getting punished by opposing teams DLine. 

17 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I know Dallas got Smith, their C, and Collins a would be 1st round pick on their Oline.

Are you saying Andrew Thomas isn't gonna be a difference maker? Do you want Haskins to end up on IR because his OLine can't protect him?

And only one was a top 5 pick. This will be our third in 10 years. Not to mention we’re being forced to do this because our front office is stupid. 

So no Jerry Jeudy, Ceedee Lamb, Jeffrey Okudah or Grant Delpit because the great LT we have refuses to play for the team. 

12 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

If you want your QB to succeed you should be drafting some OLinemen in the top 5 spots. I know you really want Young but you have to start thinking realistic about what the team NEEDS. THOMAS is a Need for Haskins so he has time to throw in the pocket and isn't taken the same beating he has taken this year in the future. Also who on the OLine is gonna stop Chase Young if the Giants get him? You have to give Haskins a OLine especially if the plan is to keep him in games when he's CLEARLY hurt yet but will still getting punished by opposing teams DLine. 

The team needs absolutely everything. We’re horrible. I’ve said before we have to pick Thomas if Young is gone because we’ve forced ourselves into this position, we should’ve had another good 4 years left of Williams. 

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

And only one was a top 5 pick. This will be our third in 10 years. Not to mention we’re being forced to do this because our front office is stupid. 

So no Jerry Jeudy, Ceedee Lamb, Jeffrey Okudah or Grant Delpit because the great LT we have refuses to play for the team. 

Get over your Chase Young whinning. You know the team has it's dumbness. I'm just tryna find ways to fix things going forward. Your making it seem like the Giant's aren't still ahead of us and we would be passing on Young for Thomas. 

16 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The team needs absolutely everything. We’re horrible. I’ve said before we have to pick Thomas if Young is gone because we’ve forced ourselves into this position, we should’ve had another good 4 years left of Williams. 

Well that will be up to Trent and if Bruce is really the reason he doesn't want to play here and Dan let's Bruce go. Trent is still under contract as a Redskin.  

Edited by Skins212689

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

Get over your Chase Young whinning. You know the team has it's dumbness. I'm just tryna find ways to fix things going forward. Your making it seem like the Giant's aren't still ahead of us and we would be passing on Young for Thomas. 

The post you quoted didn’t even mention Chase Young. I think it’s dumb that a team with a top 5 pick at LT is now being forced to do it again because they’re stupid. This is the definition of running in circles. We go nowhere because of crap like this. 

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The post you quoted didn’t even mention Chase Young. I think it’s dumb that a team with a top 5 pick at LT is now being forced to do it again because they’re stupid. This is the definition of running in circles. We go nowhere because of crap like this. 

We don't know how many years Trent Williams has left.  Jon Ogden retired at age 33.  Walter Jones retired at 35.  Chris Samuels was done by 32.  Orlando Pace was out at age 34.  More recently, Joe Thomas retired at 33, and Jake Long was finished at 31.  

So he could be done right now, or he could play till 35.  Chances are, he's falling somewhere in between, but with the importance of blind side protection, the Redskins should be heavily scouting for his replacement already.  They are likely going to go all-in on that replacement in this draft, but what's the difference between another year or two at this point. 

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Your mad about Young, but it isn't making sense. Had they pick William's over Scherff that time frame would be even longer. You root for a poorly run organization but then whine about the outcomes. I don't understand. They as of late have done better in drafts and building a team, Thomas is a LT that you draft in the top 5. 

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

We don't know how many years Trent Williams has left.  Jon Ogden retired at age 33.  Walter Jones retired at 35.  Chris Samuels was done by 32.  Orlando Pace was out at age 34.  More recently, Joe Thomas retired at 33, and Jake Long was finished at 31.  

So he could be done right now, or he could play till 35.  Chances are, he's falling somewhere in between, but with the importance of blind side protection, the Redskins should be heavily scouting for his replacement already.  They are likely going to go all-in on that replacement in this draft, but what's the difference between another year or two at this point. 

The difference is how it will effect Haskins growth. You don't want your Franchise QB taking beatings like Haskins has this season for the next year or two. You fix his OLine ASAP. 

4 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Your mad about Young, but it isn't making sense. Had they pick William's over Scherff that time frame would be even longer. You root for a poorly run organization but then whine about the outcomes. I don't understand. They as of late have done better in drafts and building a team, Thomas is a LT that you draft in the top 5. 

What are you even talking about? How am I mad about Young? At this current state we can’t even draft him. I’m irritated because we can’t just be a normal functioning franchise. 

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

What are you even talking about? How am I mad about Young? At this current state we can’t even draft him. I’m irritated because we can’t just be a normal functioning franchise. 

If your not mad about Young and want the franchise to be run with proper function, get ready for those guys to draft Andrew Thomas unless Williams is still a Redskin come draft time. 

Trade down with Miami & net their 3 1st round picks.

Their #4, will probably be around 7-10 range. (They have Giants & Bengals still)

Target Chase Young, Andrew Thomas & Jeudy @#7.

If all 3 are gone...?

Trade this pick to Raiders for their 2 1st rounders.

Giving us...

1st Miami

1st Miami

1st Miami

1st Rai

1st Rai

That'll rebuild this team! 😎

Edited by aceinthehouse

11 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Trade down with Miami & net their 3 1st round picks.

Their #4, will probably be around 7-10 range. (They have Giants & Bengals still)

Target Chase Young, Andrew Thomas & Jeudy @#7.

If all 3 are gone...?

Trade this pick to Raiders for their 2 1st rounders.

Giving us...

1st Miami

1st Miami

1st Miami

1st Rai

1st Rai

That'll rebuild this team! 😎

Image result for epic facepalm gif"

Thats not even realistic for Madden