2020 Draft thread

lavar703

46 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Cooper isn’t getting out of Dallas. Not after Jerrah gave up a 1st for him. If they don’t work out a long-term deal, he will get the franchise or transition tag (depending on what happens with Prescott). A team can use both this offseason, due to it being the Last League Year (cue menacing organ music), which will unfortunately allow Dallas a lot of leverage in keeping those two guys in-house. 

It’s a good idea, from our perspective, I just don’t see any way it can realistically happen. 

We could easily match the transition tag.  I hope we don't.  I'd much rather sign Austin Hooper (or maybe Hunter Henry, though his injuries scare me), add a few pieces on defense, and lock up Scherff than go after Cooper and limit what else we can do.  I'm against spending significant resources at non-premium positions.  Especially given how deep this draft is at WR.

8 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

We could easily match the transition tag.  I hope we don't.  I'd much rather sign Austin Hooper (or maybe Hunter Henry, though his injuries scare me), add a few pieces on defense, and lock up Scherff than go after Cooper and limit what else we can do.  I'm against spending significant resources at non-premium positions.  Especially given how deep this draft is at WR.

You don't think WR is a premium position?

21 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

You don't think WR is a premium position?

Nope.  Not compared to the trenches, QB, or CB.  I do consider it more valuable than RB, S, or LB.  So it's right in the middle for me, along with TE.  Also, there is an insane amount of talent at the WR position right now (and with possibly the best WR draft class in recent memory right around the corner), which makes it even less valuable IMO.

Cowboys are going to sign Dak long term or have to franchise Dak. I'm not sure if they'll match offers for Cooper after they do that, but it's true they may.

I'd much rather sign Cooper, franchise & trade Scherff and draft another C/OG prospect to compete with Wes Martin and Ross P to be the starting RG next year.

If we stay at 3 and young is gone then my ideal draft is a trade back with the dolphins.

there are a lot of 4 win teams and I think the dolphins could win more, they could fall down to the pick 6-10 range, with that said I would love for them to trade up for Herbert and if they do we take all 3 of their 1st rounders.

also we trade Trent for a 2nd and 4th round selection to the Arizona Cardinals to protect Murray 

i try to trade Kerrigan and a 6th to the lions for a 3rd and clear cap

so with that said this is how I approach the draft

1. Delpit FS-Center field play maker we’ve needed for a long time

1. Lamb WR-idc what y’all say he isn’t going top 10

1. Digs CB- he and Dunny hold it down for years

2. Okwuebunam TE- finally a starter

3 Quarterman ILB- him and Reuben can be a good duo

3. Trey Smith- OG/OT- he can play all over the line, 1st round talent. Health issues (blood clots) why he drops

4 Chuba Hubbard RB- replaces AP as number 2

4 Sam Ehlinger QB- becomes our number 2 and insurance if Haskins flops

Resign Scherff and Flowers

FA big signings-

LT- Costanzo- 3 year deal want a proven LT instead of putting faith in a rookie

OLB- Clowney- look past the sack numbers, you have to gameplan him and he plays against left tackles allowing sweat to play on the other side.

I’ll take that any day compared to just having a chance on young if he’s there and only trading Trent for a 2nd

23 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

there are a lot of 4 win teams and I think the dolphins could win more, they could fall down to the pick 6-10 range, with that said I would love for them to trade up for Herbert and if they do we take all 3 of their 1st rounders.

I think its rather unlikely 3 firsts in one draft get traded.  More likely we'd get two of their firsts this year and a first the following.

24 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

also we trade Trent for a 2nd and 4th round selection to the Arizona Cardinals to protect Murray 

That compensation sounds reasonable but I question whether Arizona would be interested in someone Trent's age. 

25 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

i try to trade Kerrigan and a 6th to the lions for a 3rd and clear cap

Why?

25 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

1. Delpit FS-Center field play maker we’ve needed for a long time

We have like 10 needs bigger than a safety.

26 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

1. Lamb WR-idc what y’all say he isn’t going top 10

Actually I think its very likely he goes in the 8-10 range.

26 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

2. Okwuebunam TE- finally a starter

I think he'll go in the first round.  I would be ok with taking him mid-late first with our other pick.

On 12/3/2019 at 2:39 PM, HTTRDynasty said:

How can you be against adding a #1 WR to help Haskins? Skin's should have plenty of money to spend come Free Agency. Filling some wholes through Free Agency isn't a bad thing. Cooper is a guy who will live up to his deal. If the Skin's don't finish above the Giant's they definitely need to focus the attention on drafting Andrew Thomas even in a trade down. So that would take them out the running for Jeudy or Lamb. Making Cooper signing here even more of a win for them. With money to spend in Free Agency they shouldn't be afraid to spend some. I'm resigning Flowers, Scherff, and Dunbar while my top targets are Amari Cooper, Eric Ebron or Tyler Eibert, Justin Simmons, and Chase Daniels. 

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

How can you be against adding a #1 WR to help Haskins? Skin's should have plenty of money to spend come Free Agency. Filling some wholes through Free Agency isn't a bad thing. Cooper is a guy who will live up to his deal. If the Skin's don't finish above the Giant's they definitely need to focus the attention on drafting Andrew Thomas even in a trade down. So that would take them out the running for Jeudy or Lamb. Making Cooper signing here even more of a win for them. With money to spend in Free Agency they shouldn't be afraid to spend some. I'm resigning Flowers, Scherff, and Dunbar while my top targets are Amari Cooper, Eric Ebron or Tyler Eibert, Justin Simmons, and Chase Daniels. 

Cooper is a good player, but not worth the contract he’s going to command, IMO.  Especially if the Cowboys Transition Tag him.

Money goes fast in free agency, with teams trying to out-bid each other on good players. Chasing Cooper could really hurt our chances of re-signing Scherff and getting a legit starter at TE.  I’d focus on TE and defense if I were GM, after locking up Scherff to a reasonable contract. I’d shore up the other positions with capable backups, then I’d target OL, WR, and more defense in the draft. 

Edited by HTTRDynasty
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Cooper is a good player, but not worth the contract he’s going to command, IMO.  Especially if the Cowboys Transition Tag him.

Money goes fast in free agency, with teams trying to out-bid each other on good players. Chasing Cooper could really hurt our chances of re-signing Scherff and getting a legit starter at TE.  I’d focus on TE and defense if I were GM, after locking up Scherff to a reasonable contract. I’d shore up the other positions with capable backups, then I’d target OL, WR, and more defense in the draft. 

If the Giant's are picking above us and pick Chase Young (as I expect) the Skins must focus on drafting Andrew Thomas unless their blown away in a trade offer. Thomas has the skillset/potential be a very good to Elite LT for years to come. That would mean alot especially being you just drafted Haskins. Skin's will have a ton of money to spend come Free Agency so I don't see signing Cooper being a problem. I'm more of a John Dorsey type guy where I'm looking to make moves that add talent to the team and willling to spend to do that. You must surround Haskins, McLaruin, and Guice with more weapons. Cooper fits that bill and definitely has a history of producing. They have focused alot on the D and could still add peices but you must give Haskins a OLine and weapons to get the ball too. 

Edited by Skins212689

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

If the Giant's are picking above us and pick Chase Young (as I expect) the Skins must focus on drafting Andrew Thomas unless their blown away in a trade offer. Thomas has the skillset/potential be a very good to Elite LT for years to come. That would mean alot especially being you just drafted Haskins. Skin's will have a ton of money to spend come Free Agency so I don't see signing Cooper being a problem. I'm more of a John Dorsey type guy where I'm looking to make moves that add talent to the team and willling to spend to do that. You must surround Haskins, McLaruin, and Guice with more weapons. Cooper fits that bill and definitely has a history of producing. They have focused alot on the D and could still add peices but you must give Haskins a OLine and weapons to get the ball too. 

What’s the bigger need for this team: another starting WR or a starting TE?

McClaurin is a legit WR1, and Harmon (WR2 potential) and Sims Jr. (starting slot potential) have been impressive as well. Compare that to Sprinkle, who has been awful and has lowered Haskins’ career completion percentage by at least 5% over the course of the season. FA should be used to address your needs, and I think our biggest need this offseason (that can be addressed in FA) is a capable starting TE, which is a young QB’s best friend. 

I agree that we should draft Thomas if Young is off the board. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

What’s the bigger need for this team: another starting WR or a starting TE?

McClaurin is a legit WR1, and Harmon (WR2 potential) and Sims Jr. (starting slot potential) have been impressive as well. Compare that to Sprinkle, who has been awful and has lowered Haskins’ career completion percentage by at least 5% over the course of the season. FA should be used to address your needs, and I think our biggest need this offseason (that can be addressed in FA) is a capable starting TE, which is a young QB’s best friend. 

I agree that we should draft Thomas if Young is off the board. 

I'd take Cooper over any TE because none have been as consistent as Cooper. There are a couple of TE's you could probaly get on 1 year deals come Free Agency. Why are you acting like the Skin's won't have money to address Many needs? Signing Cooper wouldn't stop the signing of another high priced Free Agent or the resigning of the teams own Free Agents. What's wrong with going the John Dorsey route? They have the money. 

Edited by Skins212689