Around the NFL 2019

Apparition

12 hours ago, The Third Rider said:

Tomlin needs talent to coach and they can't draft a DB to save their lives. What I want to know is what is their plan after Ben, seems like they think a QB is not a priority next season.

Ben is the only good QB I’ve ever seen suit up for the Steelers. I’m too young to remember Terry Bradshaw, but Pittsburgh will try to rebuild through defense and running backs as they always have. Roethlisberger was a home run for the Steelers, and it’s not likely they’ll find or even look for another QB like him. They’re more likely to emulate the Dallas offense than someone like New Orleans or the Rams. 

The Roethlisberger injury likely speeds up the rebuild, and the Fitzpatrick trade won’t hurt them as they likely would have picked a defensive player with that pick, anyway. The Steelers get a proven defensive player and don’t have to wait a year for him to hit the field. They’ll take a serviceable QB sometime in the middle rounds and go from there. Standard Steeler operating procedure. 

Edited by rfournier103
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I knew it at the time, but man did the Patriots miss an opportunity not drafting Mark Andrews. I thought he was a first round talent. Could have had him instead of Duke Dawson. To be fair, I liked Dawson, but not as much as Andrews.

Yeah I wanted us to pick him too actually. Been wanting a TE for 2 years though....was pie-eyed for Warring too, but he's absolutely nothing so far

13 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah I wanted us to pick him too actually. Been wanting a TE for 2 years though....was pie-eyed for Warring too, but he's absolutely nothing so far

I wasn't too high on the tight ends this year. Last year I would have liked Andrews also but we traded up for scrub Dawson ugh