General News and Notes

.Buzz

36 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

FYI, the Hokies have poached Tyler Bowen to become their offensive coordinator, but my understanding is that Bowen is staying on through the season. 

Fairly certain most if not all of the offensive staff was getting canned regardless lol.

29 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Bowen seemed to do his job tho

I mean sure but an overhaul was still coming. I guess there’s a chance he could have stayed on but I don’t think that was a sure thing.

Pretty hard to tell what he even did but there was also trash in the room. Everyone but Arnold has been meh/bad and Arnold had proven himself as a receiver prior. He just happened to get force fed here more due to lack of options.

9 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I mean sure but an overhaul was still coming. I guess there’s a chance he could have stayed on but I don’t think that was a sure thing.

Pretty hard to tell what he even did but there was also trash in the room. Everyone but Arnold has been meh/bad and Arnold had proven himself as a receiver prior. He just happened to get force fed here more due to lack of options.

Farrell has been better then expected. 

14 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Farrell has been better then expected. 

I mean…JOS got back and he went back to being inactive.

Hes been fine depth and nothing more. Not sure I’d use that as a reason to keep him lol.

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I mean…JOS got back and he went back to being inactive.

Hes been fine depth and nothing more. Not sure I’d use that as a reason to keep him lol.

Inactive? He was inactive for the falcons game but other then that he's been active.  

He hasn't played as much cuz our offense has been behind after 2 drives offensively by atleast 10 points. 

He's been better then advertised considering he was a 5th round pick. 

He's not playing a glory position. He's our future blocking te. 

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

Inactive? He was inactive for the falcons game but other then that he's been active.  

He hasn't played as much cuz our offense has been behind after 2 drives offensively by atleast 10 points. 

He's been better then advertised considering he was a 5th round pick. 

He's not playing a glory position. He's our future blocking te. 

Because we had several guys out last week, sure. 

If Arnold was healthy he’d be inactive. He was fine and looks like a solid depth TE. Think you’re getting a bit over the top with what hes done this year. Sure, he’s been fine as far as blocking goes and has had a couple catches. Looks like a decent developmental TE that may be a solid TE2 down the line. Don’t think that’s a crazy ROI on a 5th/deserves heaping amounts of praise from the TE coach.