Week 1 GDT: LA Chargers @ Denver Broncos

broncosfan07

Just now, Broncofan said:

Yup, but it's just problematic that both guys aren't holding their own.  You can scheme help to one T...but almost impossible to scheme help to both guys.    

Judging by what I saw, it's going to be Watson who needs more help throughout the season. He's the athletically limited one.

Just now, champ11 said:

It's pretty wild watching an offense that isn't freaking miserable. This is what fun feels like I guess? 

It's even more rewarding when you don't expect a single third down to be converted.

Frankly, the defense has been the less impressive unit and we've been fortunate to not give up a few more plays there.

3 minutes ago, champ11 said:

It's pretty wild watching an offense that isn't freaking miserable. This is what fun feels like I guess? 

The cool thing too is talent wise, especially OL, we aren't much better than last year.  It's just a world of difference in the play calling.

1 minute ago, elliot878 said:

The cool thing too is talent wise, especially OL, we aren't much better than last year.  It's just a world of difference in the play calling.

I'm really hoping for a off-season heavily invested in both trenches especially the Oline.  2 spots need clear upgrades 

1 minute ago, elliot878 said:

Just being able to get some positive yards in the run game man. As long as we stay out of third and long we have some guys that can get open for Trev

So halftime thoughts:

1.  Siemian huge boneheaded mistake that he got let off the hook for - but otherwise, an A performance that 1H.  What was most encouraging was he did take chances.  He made early reads and anticipated earlier, which got his throws in there, instead of deflected/picked.   Need to see that continue through the season (and short-term, today lol).  

2.  Barbre is just so much better in there than Garcia.  Garcia had 2 good blocks on run plays - but it's almost a giveaway that we are running if he's there.   

3.  I take back any criticism on Olivo - ST came to play in a huuuuuuge way.   Latimer made 3 splash plays on ST.   He's almost too valuable to play at 3rd WR (not quite, but losing him hurts our ST so much.   Not playing ST in preseason I see why we didn't play nearly as well).

4.  On run D, Jarrett is a load, and Gotsis showed up for 2 nice stops, so progress there.  But we got pushed around too much to keep it up when we are behind.  Playing ahead is playing to our strengths as it allows us to get to Rivers.   

5.  Todd Davis really sucks.   Enough said.

6.  So far, so good with SS Stewart and FS Simmons.  Simmons with a huge TD saving tackle that got wasted...by Davis.

7.  Keenan Allen drop early was a gift, because he's one of the few WR's we can't cover.  Much respect to him, too bad for Chargers he can't stay healthy.    Our pass D on other hand has been awesome...except for that big brain cramp from Roby (WTH dude).

8.  WR-wise, DT & Sanders made needed catches, but have been silent - Verrett and Hayward have done a good job.  We need DT and Sanders to come up big in 2H.   

Let's gooooooooo!

Archived