Mike Vrabel

dtait93

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

How is mike doing overall? He’s one of my favorite patriots ever and they dominated us last season 

Bad. His situational awareness has been terrible, his decision-making has been atrocious and his offensive coordinator is a complete disaster. He fooled us all last year.

Now I'll say this and hopefully it comes out right.

Many of you know, I was riding with Murlarkey right until the last press conference. I thought he needed to fire Robiskie and update the offense. I liked what Murlarkey was doing (Dark Side-Supporting Murlakey).

Using hindsight, I think Mike was right and Robinson was wrong. Murlakey had the pulse of the team and he knew what they needed to be successful. We were winning. 
An injured Marcus and inconsistent Marcus showed up during that west coast swing and some bad play calls. 

But overall the team was there...needed a little more on offense. 

I was excited about Vrabel because I thought he was going to bring us into the modern day of the NFL. Defensively we are fine. Offensively we are worst. 

I can even get over some of the situational mistakes because the players ultimately decided the fate. (Missed FGs, drops, bad blocks, bad QB play).
He and Robinson have this year and next year to get it right. Then I think both will be gone if not. 

Just now, KingTitan said:

Many of you know, I was riding with Murlarkey right until the last press conference. I thought he needed to fire Robiskie and update the offense. I liked what Murlarkey was doing (Dark Side-Supporting Murlakey).

Using hindsight, I think Mike was right and Robinson was wrong. Murlakey had the pulse of the team and he knew what they needed to be successful. We were winning. 
An injured Marcus and inconsistent Marcus showed up during that west coast swing and some bad play calls. 

I was excited about Vrabel because I thought he was going to bring us into the modern day of the NFL. Defensively we are fine. Offensively we are worst. 

I can even get over some of the situational mistakes because the players ultimately decided the fate. (Missed FGs, drops, bad blocks, bad QB play).
He and Robinson have this year and next year to get it right. Then I think both will be gone if not. 

I agree with this

But I seriously question -- and let me know what you think -- do you think  AAS would fire JRob if next year is a repeat of this?

Just now, deeluxx3 said:

I agree with this

But I seriously question -- and let me know what you think -- do you think  AAS would fire JRob if next year is a repeat of this?

I think she would fire him, but  maybe not next year. 
I think she would give Robinson one more HC. Amy to me has a good pulse on this team and the people who she put in charge to run it.

Everyone felt that we needed a  new offensive vision with Murlarkey. She ok'd that change and she pretty much handpicked Murlarkey to be the coach. She liked him so it wasn't about liking someone and keeping them, it was about what is best for this team. At the time, that seemed like the right choice. 

She loves Robinson, I feel, but if the right choice is to let him go, because we can't trust his choices, I think she will. 
I personally think Robinson has done more right than wrong, but when your wrong includes the HC and QB, there is much room for error there.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

If they draft a QB and have another failure of a season next year then we're setting whoever our new QB is up to fail the exact same way Marcus was set up to fail.

They should only have until this year to get it right. We can't afford the exact same situation to play itself out with our new QB. That would be literal madness.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I agree with this

He’s going to get to choose a QB, which will almost certainly buy him two more years. Unless Vrabel survives this year and is then fired after the 2020 season, then you may just see a complete overhaul rather than letting a GM on the hot seat choose a head coach.