Mike Vrabel

dtait93

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

Seriously can't stand Vrabel

make sure Mom approves!!! Also said that MM can win the job back, days after saying he wants to avoid a QB carousel. he's a freaking clown. all bark, no bite. 

I don't have a problem with him talking to Amy.

Because this isn't just a decision to bench Gabbert or some QB you signed off the streets.  
It's the "face" of the franchise. It represents a wholesale change in the team going forward. 
It also means "Amy, I need to know you are going to allow me to evaluate Tanny and pick a QB next year, if Tanny falls on his face."

Again, I feel this benching represents the end of the investment made 5 years ago. It isn't about Tanny, it's about the end of Marcus as the starter and unquestioned QB. 
From here on out it's whoever gives us the best chance will start. 

7 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Seriously can't stand Vrabel

make sure Mom approves!!! Also said that MM can win the job back, days after saying he wants to avoid a QB carousel. he's a freaking clown. all bark, no bite. 

Meddling owner?

4 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

You guys finding something negative about literally everything he says is becoming humorous.

Vrabel in 2 weeks: "Happy Halloween"

Fans: "This guy is a joke why can't he say what he means"

yea I like having a coach who says one thing one day and the opposite the next

Just now, titans0021 said:

Yeah, nothing he says in the pressers means anything to me. I’m far more concerned about him routinely not having the team ready to play and entrusting the offense to a clown whose greatest strength is that he’s likable.

why can't both be true?

4 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

why can't both be true?

Because it’s pretty clear that what he says publicly has nothing to do with what he says to the team privately. Coaches lie. Always. It’s the decision making and results that we can see publicly that is far more important. And that is where he is failing.

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

Then make a change on the mother ******* oline instead of making Mariota the sacrificial lamb you dumb ***.

hey!! slow down there!! you can't critique anything Vrabel says in his conferences because speaking with the media isn't part of a HC's job and the only thing that matters is how poorly Vrabel is preparing his team for Sundays

6 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Meddling owner?

How?

It could have literally been, hey Amy we are going to make a change. Wanted you to know.

This isn't Bud. I seriously doubt, he asked her permission and she said "hmm, let's pull up week 2's 3rd and long cut up package so I can see the reads he missed."

There is a business side to it and PR side too. Why not let your owner know that hey this is whats going on. Here is likely what is going to be said. Here is our plan going forward. (We want to see what Tannehill has and plan to evaluate heavily the QBs in the draft, or we plan to attack the trade market.etc).

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Because it’s pretty clear that what he says publicly has nothing to do with what he says to the team privately. Coaches lie. Always. It’s the decision making and results that we can see publicly that is far more important. And that is where he is failing.

so why do press outlets exist? it's boring to talk just about what happens on the field, because we suck and Vrabel has made this team worse since getting here.

11 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

yea I like having a coach who says one thing one day and the opposite the next

Disliking Vrabel is 100% understandable. We're 2-4 with one of the worst offenses I've ever seen and he had 3 poor situational decisions in games.

It's just hammering on every little thing he says that comes off bad. Like we could finish the season 12-4 and you still wouldn't like him because you just want to hate him.

In the end, it’s far easier for an offensive coordinator who recently got his dream job to replace the QB he inherited than truly look in the mirror and realize he’s failing in every way.

It is far easier for a head coach to bench the QB he inherited than it is to face the fact that you hired a clown that is totally in over his head.

And God knows it is easier for a general manager that has invested high draft picks and huge money into a broken offenseive line, that has drafted the WRs and everyone involved in the run game, that had his choice of head coach after firing someone that won a playoff game, to simply change the QB that he didn’t draft than to contemplate the fundamental problems with the team he has built.