Week 4: San Angeles Chargers (1-2) @ Miami Dolphins (0-3)

TheKillerNacho

Who wins?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • Los Angeles Chargers
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or less point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Who will score the most fantasy points in this game?

• Josh Rosen
    • Philip Rivers
    • Kalen Ballage
    • Kenyan Drake
    • Austin Ekeler
    • Justin Jackson
    • DeVante Parker
    • Jaekeem Grant
    • Albert Wilson
    • Keenan Allen
    • Mike Williams
    • Travis Benjamin
    • Mike Geisicki
    • Virgil Green
    • Jason Sanders
    • Mike Badgley
    • Dolphins DST
    • Chargers DST
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/29/2019 at 05:00 PM

Rosen was absolutely terrific in the 1st half.  But he was absolutely NOT in the 2nd half.  There was a great deal more pressure after halftime, but he still made some truly idiotic decisions (the pick was bad; the almost safety was bad; a couple other ill-advised throws that ended up incompletions).  But that 1st half, man. 

Maaaaaaaaan. Just watched every play on our first drive, the TD drive that gave us the only lead of the season at 7-3. At one point Rosen threw a dangerous off-balance wobbler pass that bounced off Gesicki's hands (chronic Miami receiver trait) and up into the air behind him. Should've been an INT except Williams just happened to be there in back of the play so instead of an INT by the safety it was a 26-yard pass play for the offense.

I was tryna celebrate the one TD drive today. Then see this janky bippity-boppity play that should've been a TO, hmph. Takes away my happiness as I thought we'd had a proper TD drive. Nope.

Followed up a few plays later by the beautiful pass from Rosen to Parker for the long TD. So at least that one play was awesome. 

7 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Maaaaaaaaan. Just watched every play on our first drive, the TD drive that gave us the only lead of the season at 7-3. At one point Rosen threw a dangerous off-balance wobbler pass that bounced off Gesicki's hands (chronic Miami receiver trait) and up into the air behind him. Should've been an INT except Williams just happened to be there in back of the play so instead of an INT by the safety it was a 26-yard pass play for the offense.

I was tryna celebrate the one TD drive today. Then see this janky bippity-boppity play that should've been a TO, hmph. Takes away my happiness as I thought we'd had a proper TD drive. Nope.

Followed up a few plays later by the beautiful pass from Rosen to Parker for the long TD. So at least that one play was awesome. 

Ignore the receiver play and you will come away impressed.  Rosen was legit in the 1st half yesterday.  As was, shockingly enough, the Oline.  I was especially impressed with Boehm.  

1 hour ago, FinSting said:

Except I picked Gesicki as breakout player of the year for the team. Hmph. 

A fair pick, given his raw athletic ability.  But I question this guy as a football player.  The pads come on and he is far less of a physical specimen.  I really wish they would have taken Dallas Goedert with that pick.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hrubes20 said:

A fair pick, given his raw athletic ability.  But I question this guy as a football player.  The pads come on and he is far less of a physical specimen.  I really wish they would have taken Dallas Goedert with that pick.

Penn State players are usually quite physical, they play a tough schedule against many teams with future NFL stars. I was seriously expected him to have a couple-few TD's by name at Game 4. 

Chaos reigns though. 

Rosen can look brilliant and franchise ready at times and then at times he looks like most rookie QB's do. I hope Miami keeps him the starter for the rest of the season or until he proves he is not the guy. I think the key with Rosen will be does everyone see steady improvement with less mistakes as the weeks go by. Miami has played 4 possible playoff teams and 2 that are maybe super bowl teams and had decent first half's against 3 of them. I think  with the bye and some weaker teams to play that the games will get more competitive to the finish.

15 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

I was upset.

I think most of us were. It just seemed like the perfect fit and the need was obvious. I think everyone was a bit astounded that Gesicki was taken before Goedert. Not just that but doubling down on TE in the same draft, one receiving and one blocking TE when you could've hit two birds with one stone by picking Goedert was mind boggling.

Dolphins gonna Dolphin'.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Emerica said:

I think most of us were. It just seemed like the perfect fit and the need was obvious. I think everyone was a bit astounded that Gesicki was taken before Goedert. Not just that but doubling down on TE in the same draft, one receiving and one blocking TE when you could've hit two birds with one stone by picking Goedert was mind boggling.

Dolphins gonna Dolphin'.

OTOH...

2019 Gesicki -- 6 catches, 51 yds

2019 Goedert -- 4 catches, 32 yds

3 minutes ago, FinSting said:

OTOH...

2019 Gesicki -- 6 catches, 51 yds

2019 Goedert -- 4 catches, 32 yds

Both situations are very different.

One is playing behind a Pro-bowler. The other one is playing behind.. Nick O'Leary ?

One is a dual threat TE. The other is a one-dimensional glorified WR.

With Ertz on the roster, Goedert has been asked to block much more than he would be on this team. Gesicki is literally only on the field to catch passes while Goedert is primarly asked to block and yet they have similar stats.

1 hour ago, Emerica said:

Dolphins gonna Dolphin'.

This is accurate.