Around The NFL: Gameday Talk

Jroc04

Dak played a great 2nd half, but "carried" is definitely too far. You can throw whatever stats about the run game you want, but the Cardinals were clearly respecting it and daring the Cowboys to throw. The first few drives the run game was shut down and Dak could not do anything in the obvious passing situations they were forced into. It was not until Zeke broke that 30 yard run in the 2nd quarter that the offense finally was able to start moving the chains.

Again, overall I thought Dak played well, but let's not act like it was anything to write home about. Nearly half his yardage came from the 2 throws to Butler. The first throw to Butler was more a great catch than a good throw, props to him for throwing it where his WR could make a play on it, but that's about all I'll give him credit for. The second one was nice, granted he actually underthrew it a bit, but that's being nitpicky. I'm not discounting those passes when rating his performance, but if you can take away just 2 plays from a QB and his performance suddenly looks mediocre, then as a rule of thumb it is not very likely he carried his team.

Plus have you no shame!? Coming in here boasting about Dak after he's 1 week removed from an awful performance, which predictably happened when the run game was actually shut down (and not just slowed by Dallas standards, like it was last night).

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Do you feel the same way about Agholors TD a couple weeks ago? Or did you think Wentz did a great job in the pocket, keeping his eyes down field, and reading the defense?

You are being extremely biased here.

No, I call balls and strikes as I see them. There’s actually a funny thing that occurs every time we have this debate. My position actually gives more credit to more Dallas Cowboys while you’re willing to downplay the contributions of 21 other players to prop up Dak. You would rather see Dak praised than admit your receivers had some incredible catches. You’d rather say Dak put the team on his back with 13 throws than credit another solid performance by Zeke and an incredible effort by the defense. Are you a Cowboys fan or a Dak fan?

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Even more so - on both throws, its wasnt like the WR was even contested on the catch. What is so impressive to you? That they caught a ball that hit them directly in both hands? I mean, those are normal catches....

Not contested=not impressive? Give me a break. Adjusting to the ball in the air so that you're in position for the catch is half the battle. Watch a Randy Moss higlhight reel, by your logic most of those catches wouldn't be impressive since he's not getting drilled or having DBs paw at the ball when he makes his catches (Culpepper/Cunningham were just gods, had nothing to do with Moss's unmatched ability to adjust on jump balls and fool defenders).

^and this is more in reference to the first of Butler's 2 catches, which absolutely was impressive.

1 minute ago, Phire said:

No, I call balls and strikes as I see them. There’s actually a funny thing that occurs every time we have this debate. My position actually gives more credit to more Dallas Cowboys while you’re willing to downplay the contributions of 21 other players to prop up Dak. You would rather see Dak praised than admit your receivers had some incredible catches. You’d rather say Dak put the team on his back with 13 throws than credit another solid performance by Zeke and an incredible effort by the defense. Are you a Cowboys fan or a Dak fan?

Thats one way of interpreting it. Another would be that you guys irrationally bash everything about Dak and I have to set the record straight. How did this conversation start? Was it me bringing up Dak, or was it you all bashing him? You guys like to circle jerk how much you want Dak to suck. You just wont admit the blatant truth - he is a good QB. 

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Not contested=not impressive? Give me a break. Adjusting to the ball in the air so that you're in position for the catch is half the battle. Watch a Randy Moss higlhight reel, by your logic most of those catches wouldn't be impressive since he's not getting drilled or having DBs paw at the ball when he makes his catches (Culpepper/Cunningham were just gods, had nothing to do with Moss's unmatched ability to adjust on jump balls and fool defenders).

^and this is more in reference to the first of Butler's 2 catches, which absolutely was impressive.

Literally both catches all Butler did is turn back towards the ball and put his hands up. This wasnt the Odell one hander, or even the Fitz catch from last night. Thats not to say that Butler didnt have a great game - he absolutely did. But to down play the fact that Dak saw the field and put the ball in a great location is dumb. They were incredible throws.

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats one way of interpreting it. Another would be that you guys irrationally bash everything about Dak and I have to set the record straight. How did this conversation start? Was it me bringing up Dak, or was it you all bashing him? You guys like to circle jerk how much you want Dak to suck. You just wont admit the blatant truth - he is a good QB. 

He literally looked like trash last week. Even most Eagles fans admit we need more sample size on Wentz. I don’t see why a guy who is sometimes asked to complete 13 passes in a game has enough sample size. I legitimately disagree that he carried the team and honestly that’s a huge disrespect to an awesome performance from Lawrence and the defense.

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Him being a good QB is really not up for debate. He is good. He isn't special though.

He didn't carry his team last night. He had a mediocre game with a couple good throws. Dak without a running game has shown to be extremely underwhelming, we saw it last night, and we without a doubt saw it in Denver. 

Also, people were commenting that Dak sucked last night when he was sucking... what do you expect to read in the Eagles forum? When Dak throws a poor pass the Eagles fans aren't going to make excuses for him the way Cowboys fans would.

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Literally both catches all Butler did is turn back towards the ball and put his hands up. This wasnt the Odell one hander, or even the Fitz catch from last night. Thats not to say that Butler didnt have a great game - he absolutely did. But to down play the fact that Dak saw the field and put the ball in a great location is dumb. They were incredible throws.

I think it was impressive, but I don't know, maybe after all these years of mediocre WR play my standards are too low.

6 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Him being a good QB is really not up for debate. He is good. He isn't special though.

He didn't carry his team last night. He had a mediocre game with a couple good throws. Dak without a running game has shown to be extremely underwhelming, we saw it last night, and we without a doubt saw it in Denver. 

Also, people were commenting that Dak sucked last night when he was sucking... what do you expect to read in the Eagles forum? When Dak throws a poor pass the Eagles fans aren't going to make excuses for him the way Cowboys fans would.

@ianlewis16 literally told me to come in here and defend my QB. So I did. 

And I obviously disagree with this premise that he can only succeed if the run game is going well. The run game wasnt good last night and he led the team to victory with a 140 QB rating. 

And @Phire, obviously Dlaw had the best game of anyone last night. I worded that poorly. I meant Dak carried the *OFFENSE* last night. 

EDIT - To clarify, the best game for the Cowboys. Fitz abused us last night from the Cards side.

Archived