Around The NFL: Gameday Talk

Jroc04

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

What? Those are literally all your post that started this debate. Im not stringing anything. If your argument was sample size, then you should have stated: "There needs to be more sample size" not "Dak is Mark Sanches, lol" (obvi hyperbole is obvi)

He literally looked like trash last week. Even most Eagles fans admit we need more sample size on Wentz. I don’t see why a guy who is sometimes asked to complete 13 passes in a game has enough sample size. I legitimately disagree that he carried the team and honestly that’s a huge disrespect to an awesome performance from Lawrence and the defense.

Uhmmm..

1 minute ago, Phire said:

Dude, you’re smarter than this. You’re doing to me what I didn’t do to you. I pulled those scrubs to make limited points. Not to say he was just as bad.

Sanchez was used to demonstrate what an offense looks like when the QB is asked to make a few choice throws and not 50 a game. Not to say Dak is as bad.

Hoyer was used to make the point that the jump balls weren’t some magnificent throwing Aaron Rodgers type throw. Not to say Dak is as bad as Hoyer.

SIMILARLY you attempted to twist my point by comparing Brady’s stats. Notice I didn’t say “OMG U COMPARED TO BRADY??? U THINK DAK IS BRADY???” because that would be silly. You used Brady as an example to make a limited point, albeit a straw man.

But then you literally couldnt help yourself but to say “OMG U COMPARE TO SANCHEZ???”

1st - then I legit did not read you well. I thought you picked scrubs to insult. That was further compounded where you literally said Dak never does anything and is carried by his team. I mean, go read those and tell me it doesnt read that way? It totally looks like you are trying to discredit him and call him a bad QB.

2nd - I often compare Dak to Brady for a reason. This wont shock you all, but I think Dak plays a lot like Brady. Ive said it 100 times. And his story is similar as well. I think Brady has more arm talent, Dak has more athleticism. But they play the game the same way (Alex Smith too). So had I wouldnt of cared if you knocked me for comparing the two.

Obviously Brady is the GOAT and his accolades go beyond measure. So no I am not saying Dak = Brady. But Dak mimics Brady, imo.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Also - I am pretty sure none of you watched it, but if are interested, go watch the Jason Garrett post game presser. Hes visibly emotional, looks near tears, talking about how Dak carried the team last night. So, just pointing that part out.

I literally do not care what the HC of his football team had to say about him "carrying" the game. That has nothing to do with facts or reality and is purely for the media and attention.

I care about reality, and the reality is that he did not carry the game. He played well and did his job, but he was not the reason they won that football game. 

38 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

That was the only time you said that. You made one comment about sample size. You made 10 post bashing him. Of course those are the ones I focused on. They illicted a response and they were more frequent.

You asked where I mentioned sample size. I delivered. You quoted my post about sample size and deleted the portions about sample size. Thats how things get taken out of context.

I'm not really sure that I care about arguing how good Dak is. If the Cowboys think Dak is their franchise QB, good. I'll take that because I personally don't think he's as good as Cowboys fans make him out to be. 

I hope they give him a huge contract and tie themselves to him for a long time. 

It's the same way that I feel about the Redskins and Cousins.

Are they both good QBs? Sure. But I don't think they are Superbowl winning QBs with their rosters as they currently exist. Or put more simply, in my opinion, neither Dak nor Kirk are QBs that will win you a Superbowl with their play alone.

If Cowboys fans think Dak is that guy for their franchise, that makes me very happy. If the Cowboys as an organization thinks that about Dak, that makes me even happier. 

I don't see that. I see a QB much like what we saw when Vick arrived in Philadelphia. Someone who can make plays with his arm and his feet and win you some games but also has some troubling tendencies.

That OL and the other weapons on offense made his rookie season seem even more special than it was. It was definitely special. But significantly elevated by what was around him.

17 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

I hope they give him a huge contract and tie themselves to him for a long time. 

Me too thanks. 

Dak is the best young QB in the NFL. And will be one of the best QBs in the entire NFL when Brady/Brees/Ben retire.

Thems the facts. Dont worry, I think Carson is pretty good too. But he will be living in Daks shadow for the foreseeable future. 

(TROOLLLLOL)

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Also - I am pretty sure none of you watched it, but if are interested, go watch the Jason Garrett post game presser. Hes visibly emotional, looks near tears, talking about how Dak carried the team last night. So, just pointing that part out.

Why is he crying over that???? lmao

32 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

Are they both good QBs? Sure. But I don't think they are Superbowl winning QBs with their rosters as they currently exist. Or put more simply, in my opinion, neither Dak nor Kirk are QBs that will win you a Superbowl with their play alone.

Neither is Wentz and we aren't even sure he is good.

I don't see why you can call that carrying your team to victory. I do think that the TD to Butler was impressive but one thing that Cowboys fans need to aknowledge is that Dak only started playing well when the run game was actually a threat. That's the reason those bootlegs were so efective and why Dak could run for the TD.

After the second quarter run by Elliott the Arizona defense was playing the run and biting on everything. That's why we was allowed to do what he did and he took advantage of it there's no denying that, but the fans and media time and time again ignore the complete picture. Why Zeke didn't win rookie of the year is beyond me.

2 hours ago, Phire said:

I’d say the Dallas pass rush won them the game. 

I'd say Arizona's OL won them the game. It was pathetic but that's usually the case when most of them are 2nd string trash.

Over / Under 6 games before DLaw gets popped again for Smoking Dope?

I'll say over (7)

Archived