NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

10 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Eddie Johnson (Suns PbP guy) spends every broadcast, every gm passive aggressively saying how valuable the midrange gm is and how much he doesn't like 3s. And is way more aggressive on Twitter lol

I'm shocked that fossils prefer the way the game was when they played and that they can't grasp analytics.

23 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Eddie Johnson (Suns PbP guy) spends every broadcast, every gm passive aggressively saying how valuable the midrange gm is and how much he doesn't like 3s. And is way more aggressive on Twitter lol

"Old fossil here" And I say it's either or. Do what your good at. Can't picture all-time great players like Pat Ewing , Hakeem, Duncan, K Malone staying out on the 3 point line vs pounding the lane and using their exceptional mid-range shot.

damn Dirk started out a bigtime 3 point shooter but became his best with mid range fadeaways 

same for Jordan/ Kobe/Paul Pierce etc...

Edited by resilient part 2

The mid-range shot is proven to be the least efficient shot in basketball. The only way you should allow it is if you have someone that's proficient at it. Otherwise, it's 3s or at the rim. It's really that simple.

For example, the Bucks have Khris Middleton. We tried to make him all 3 and layup but he's much more comfortable (and formidable) when he's allowed to use his mid-range arsenal. Now, if Eric Bledsoe and Donte DiVincenzo start settling for mid-range shots, you shoot them into the sun.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

The mid-range shot is proven to be the least efficient shot in basketball. The only way you should allow it is if you have someone that's proficient at it. Otherwise, it's 3s or at the rim. It's really that simple.

For example, the Bucks have Khris Middleton. We tried to make him all 3 and layup but he's much more comfortable (and formidable) when he's allowed to use his mid-range arsenal. Now, if Eric Bledsoe and Donte DiVincenzo start settling for mid-range shots, you shoot them into the sun.

Yes, nowadays when almost no one is good at it.  

Edited by resilient part 2

Just now, resilient part 2 said:

Yes, nowadays when almost no one is good at it.  

It's always been the least efficient shot. You literally have to shoot 50% from mid-range to equal out to 35% from 3.

Example. You go 10-20 from mid-range but 7-20 from 3, you come out 1 point ahead on the same amount of shots. How many people out there shoot 50% consistently from mid-range while 35% is roughly league average from 3.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

It's always been the least efficient shot. You literally have to shoot 50% from mid-range to equal out to 35% from 3.

Example. You go 10-20 from mid-range but 7-20 from 3, you come out 1 point ahead on the same amount of shots. How many people out there shoot 50% consistently from mid-range while 35% is roughly league average from 3.

I get those numbers..which is why I mentioned guards and wing players, But I also want my big man close enough to get offensive rebounds on misses from himself and others instead of floating around the 3 point line where he has almost no chance for a rebound. 

So I am not really disagreeing but rather making a bit a philosophical preference on different positions..