NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

16 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

See but that last paragraph is placing blame on Boston...When we had no issues until he arrived. Dude is a bum.

Huh? If you think all the blame should just be on Kyrie, then no point of even continuing this conversation. 

11 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Kyrie was up for contract too, don't forget. Kyrie deserves a large portion of the blame for not improving the team or working together. Not entirely his fault, as I believe Stevens and his staff did poorly overall last season and the youngsters were in over their heads.

Still, it's clear that the Celtics are a unit now whereas that was never the case with Kyrie. We'll never know what could have been if Hayward never got injured, but right now, the Celtics are my pick in the East and I doubt I'd say the same if Kyrie were still in Boston.

Kyrie definitely deserves blame, I never once said otherwise. But him being up a contract is irrelevant. Why? He was getting a max regardless. For others, they needed to put up better stats to increase their values. 

Okay cool, they are your pick to come out of the East. And if they get bounced in the 2nd round again, then what? Who we blaming then? 

Kyrie deserves most of the blame, bruh. Jaylen is averaging over double the amount of drives he did a year ago. Sure, it's 3 games, and I think Tatum is just overrated so I won't argue there but come on, Kyrie's game DEFINITELY limits others. He had no interest in bonding with them or wanting them to get better. He wanted to be the guy and admitted that he isn't capable of being the man when he left to be a sidekick to KD. 

I get you like super guards but the dude ain't even a top guard. You're spoiled with Curry being as great as he is and allowing others to develop next to him. IT AINT ALL FLOWERS AND SUNSHINE ON THAT SIDE OF THE COUNTRY J

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Huh? If you think all the blame should just be on Kyrie, then no point of even continuing this conversation. 

Kyrie definitely deserves blame, I never once said otherwise. But him being up a contract is irrelevant. Why? He was getting a max regardless. For others, they needed to put up better stats to increase their values. 

Okay cool, they are your pick to come out of the East. And if they get bounced in the 2nd round again, then what? Who we blaming then? 

We won't need to blame anyone because their ceiling isn't a championship like they were being crowned last year. That's silly. We'll say damn that team accomplished even more than they were expected to. 

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But him being up a contract is irrelevant. Why? He was getting a max regardless.

Being guaranteed a big contract isn't irrelevant to how Kyrie performed in a final year of his deal. Especially since Kyrie had given everyone reason to believe he would remain apart of the Celtics organization.

Edited by DoleINGout

11 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

We won't need to blame anyone because their ceiling isn't a championship like they were being crowned last year. That's silly. We'll say damn that team accomplished even more than they were expected to. 

You think this years Celtics team has a lower ceiling than before? This is the highest ceiling Celtics team since before the Brooklyn trade. Like I said, we'll never know what could have been if Hayward didn't get injured.

4 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

You think this years Celtics team has a lower ceiling than before? This is the highest ceiling Celtics team since before the Brooklyn trade. Like I said, we'll never know what could have been if Hayward didn't get injured.

nah the highest ceiling was last year when lebron left and we were giving kyrie the benefit of the doubt. as a peak player, kyrie is obvi more talented than kemba but he's just such an idiot that it limits his actual ability. kemba's ability to lead and run an offense makes him the better player than kyrie imo. i want my point guard to run an offense. 

3 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

nah the highest ceiling was last year when lebron left and we were giving kyrie the benefit of the doubt. as a peak player, kyrie is obvi more talented than kemba but he's just such an idiot that it limits his actual ability. kemba's ability to lead and run an offense makes him the better player than kyrie imo. i want my point guard to run an offense. 

Okay, so you're sort of using circular reasoning if you think Kemba is the better player, (which I happen to agree with you in context of the Celtics team structure). The Celtics are a better team now than at any point with Kyrie Irving and Al Horford or the tentative 2018 version of Gordon Hayward in-recovery.

The expectations coming into last season were greater but the reality is that this years squad is better and the East is just as wide open if not more so than last year.

44 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Kyrie deserves most of the blame, bruh. Jaylen is averaging over double the amount of drives he did a year ago. Sure, it's 3 games, and I think Tatum is just overrated so I won't argue there but come on, Kyrie's game DEFINITELY limits others. He had no interest in bonding with them or wanting them to get better. He wanted to be the guy and admitted that he isn't capable of being the man when he left to be a sidekick to KD. 

I get you like super guards but the dude ain't even a top guard. You're spoiled with Curry being as great as he is and allowing others to develop next to him. IT AINT ALL FLOWERS AND SUNSHINE ON THAT SIDE OF THE COUNTRY J

Once again, never have I said he was the only one to blame. But you are bat sh^t crazy if you think it was only him. You had guys like Rozier/Morris playing for contracts and wanting theirs, you had Tatum thinking he was Prime Melo, you have Stevens incapable of keeping everyone in check and you had Hayward rubbing teammates the wrong way with the treatment he was getting when he was a flat out liability in stretches. LIS, I'm super glad Kyrie is out of Boston, and the fans should be happy this squad is more like the one they always wanted.

36 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Who are we blaming, or who am I blaming?

I mean you just said you wouldn't pick the Celtics to get out of the East if Kyrie was still on the team. So if the team gets bounced in the 2nd round, what will the reason for that be? 

35 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Being guaranteed a big contract isn't irrelevant to how Kyrie performed in a final year of his deal. Especially since Kyrie had given everyone reason to believe he would remain apart of the Celtics organization.

It's irrelevant to the point I was making. If you can't see that, then I don't know what to tell you. Rozier/Morris legitimately had to play a certain way to get the types of deals they wanted. Kyrie was going to get the max regardless. Now, thanks to MJ's competence, Rozier still got paid a crazy amount even though he's not worth anything close to that. Kyrie is an All NBA performer, you really think he's worried if he will get the max or not? 

Let us not forget that Kyrie probably wasn't respected by the young guys in that locker room ESPECIALLY Jaylen Brown. Brown is a legitimately smart dude who definitely didn't mesh with Kyrie, the dude that thinks he's smart when he's really a moron. That feaux smart and educated smart ain't gonna mix well. Especially when Kyrie was easy to pass off blame and didn't truly shoulder the load.

Whatever, Kyrie isn't worth talking about anymore. He's all flash and no substance. He's a get mine player and you don't win with those types as your franchise player. He needs someone more talented to put him in his place ala LeBron or KD in order to win. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

mean you just said you wouldn't pick the Celtics to get out of the East if Kyrie was still on the team. So if the team gets bounced in the 2nd round, what will the reason for that be? 

Just because the Celtics are my pick doesn't make them a lock like you insinuated at first. To me, the Celtics are the best team in the East this season, but their best competition in the same conference is essentially on the same level as them. There is no reason to think that like any close playoff series, the ball can bounce more often the Sixers, Bucks or Raptors way in a seven game series.

It's irrelevant to the point I was making. If you can't see that, then I don't know what to tell you. Rozier/Morris legitimately had to play a certain way to get the types of deals they wanted. Kyrie was going to get the max regardless. Now, thanks to MJ's competence, Rozier still got paid a crazy amount even though he's not worth anything close to that. Kyrie is an All NBA performer, you really think he's worried if he will get the max or not? 

Your point is relevant to those players and their impact on the team success yet your point is irrelevant to what it means for how Kyrie performed due to his own contract situation. If you can't see that, then I don't know what to tell you.

Edited by DoleINGout

Once again, never have I said he was the only one to blame. But you are bat sh^t crazy if you think it was only him. You had guys like Rozier/Morris playing for contracts and wanting theirs, you had Tatum thinking he was Prime Melo, you have Stevens incapable of keeping everyone in check and you had Hayward rubbing teammates the wrong way with the treatment he was getting when he was a flat out liability in stretches. LIS, I'm super glad Kyrie is out of Boston, and the fans should be happy this squad is more like the one they always wanted.

100% on board with you.

16 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Your point is relevant to those players and their impact on the team success yet your point is irrelevant to what it means for how Kyrie performed due to his own contract situation. If you can't see that, then I don't know what to tell you.

Because Kyrie was getting a max regardless! He could had a bad season by his standards and nothing would have changed. You can't say the same about Morris/Rozier. If you want to knock Kyrie and you definitely can, but it won't be because he was up for a contract. 

Flat out he sucked in the playoffs, especially against the Bucks and failed the team. He looked hampered physically and had very little explosiveness, and I pointed this out even after his great game 1 against the Bucks.