NBA GDT | '19-'20 | RIP KOBE "BLACK MAMBA" BRYANT

champ11

Just now, resilient part 2 said:

Oso on a 7-foot six undrafted player doesn't get playing time within his first five games of his career means you're right?

No, it means there's nothing to base anything off of yet, you clown lol. Good god.

16 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

But literally nobody here is saying that, because anybody with eyes knows thats not true. We are saying Luka is better than Tatum because anybody with eyes knows its true. The stats overwhelmingly being in our favor just a by-product of his ability to influence a game better than Tatum can. Stats dont always correlate, but when the argument is this dang obvious and the stats are a landslide in your favor why not use them,

There is a huge difference and opportunity when one player is drafted to a lottery team plays with only one other star KP and gets to do whatever he wants, compared to a player who has to always deal with multiple other players trying to be the man from Kyrie Irving Terry Rozier Jaylen Brown Gordon Hayward and now Kemba Walker. Jayson Tatum's opportunities off far far less. If don't shake played on a team this deep he would have nowhere near your glorious stats. I judge Jayson Tatum for his ability to score to shoot and to defend and do believe, in my opinion he will be in that Paul George Jimmy Butler like category very shortly. Based on what my eyes say not statistics

I mean damn even Michael Carter-Williams won Rookie of the Year because he put up certain numbers as the best player on a so-so team. Not saying Luka doesn't have far more ability than Michael Carter-Williams just making the points how are opportunity is huge and showing what a player can do

Edited by resilient part 2

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

While I agree with Luka > Tatum, I'm begging you to name 60 players better than Tatum.

For fun just to see glancing at rosters....

• 76ers (2 better + 2 maybes)
  • Heat (1 better with several newbies who have been excellent who might be better by season end)
  • Celtics (1 better with 2 maybes)
  • Bucks (1 better with 1 maybe)
  • Raptors (2 better)
  • Hornets (0 better)
  • Pacers (1 better with 3 maybes)
  • Pistons (1 better with 1 maybe)
  • Cavs (1 better)
  • Hawks (1 better)
  • Magic (1 maybe)
  • Nets (2 better)
  • Bulls (1 better)
  • Wizards (1 better)
  • Knicks (1 maybe)

So thats the Eastern Conference. I think thats 17 players better + another 20 or so in the same conversation that could be better or worse depending on how things shake out. Didn't need to look at Western because its much more loaded but I think there is at least 25 players clearly better in that conference.

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Nah, rather it's your ignorance and goal post moving that does. Yep, we'll just believe your eye test over statistical evidence. Do you know how asinine that sounds? Give me a friggin' break. 

And as far as your "argument" against stats, we're not dumb enough to base our analysis on a 5 game sample size. Your ignorance is astounding.

Dude I can come up with so many examples that don't have to do with six games and how a situation can totally change a player and his ability look no further than Victor Oladipo for that. Unless you think he magically appeared like a totally different play a while on the Indiana there are more examples of that but I am too lazy to follow this asinine argument for some asinine posters

1 minute ago, resilient part 2 said:

Dude I can come up with so many examples that don't have to do with six games and how a situation can totally change a player and his ability look no further than Victor Oladipo for that. Unless you think he magically appeared like a totally different play a while on the Indiana there are more examples of that but I am too lazy to follow this asinine argument for some asinine posters

Except nothing changed with Dipo except his usage went up. He's the exact same player he's always been. 

But, please do. Provide me with these "so many examples" of what you're apparently describing (which nobody knows because you're incapable of actually making a coherent point).

Just now, beekay414 said:

Except nothing changed with Dipo except his usage went up. He's the exact same player he's always been. 

But, please do. Provide me with these "so many examples" of what you're apparently describing (which nobody knows because you're incapable of actually making a coherent point).

So you say his usage went up? How about his teammates do they factor in does it become a factor when he's clearly the main guy versus plain fit alongside other players like Russell Westbrook. Jayson Tatum has to share the ball with so many others supposed scores and makes this whole argument senseless if you guys can't see that oh, but I guess you can't hence these arguments

3 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Well we've seen players excel in a regular season and do nothing in the playoffs maybe if luka it killed in the playoffs they would be a better argument but until then he has done nothing

I mean what if Luka had Kyrie, Horford, Brown, and others to carry him to the playoffs?

Just now, resilient part 2 said:

So you say his usage went up? How about his teammates do they factor in does it become a factor when he's clearly the main guy versus plain fit alongside other players like Russell Westbrook. Jayson Tatum has to share the ball with so many others supposed scores and makes this whole argument senseless if you guys can't see that oh, but I guess you can't hence these arguments

I guess we'll see, hot shot. I guess we'll see. I don't care to continue having this conversation with you. You act like I'm someone that dislikes JT. I'm the one that hyped him up throughout that entire draft process. You're just pissed because people prefer the younger, more dynamic player that's proven himself in this league over the "what could potentially be" in Tatum. Cool. Tatum COULD be a great player someday. Luka IS a great player today. Sit down and shut up now. Good god.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I guess we'll see, hot shot. I guess we'll see. I don't care to continue having this conversation with you. You act like I'm someone that dislikes JT. I'm the one that hyped him up throughout that entire draft process. You're just pissed because people prefer the younger, more dynamic player that's proven himself in this league over the "what could potentially be" in Tatum. Cool. Tatum COULD be a great player someday. Luka IS a great player today. Sit down and shut up now. Good god.

Tatum basically carried the Boston Celtics to one game from the championship series with no Kyrie and no Gordon Hayward and you say Tatum has not proven himself and yet Don chick who has not played a game in the playoffs yet has. Carried nothing of significant yey end you tell me to shut up and sit down. 

You are right about one thing we will see..

Edited by resilient part 2

9 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Well we've seen players excel in a regular season and do nothing in the playoffs maybe if luka it killed in the playoffs they would be a better argument but until then he has done nothing

Cool. Doesn't change the fact that Luka is better than Tatum at:

Scoring

Ballhandling

Rebounding

Playmaking

Getting to the line

Playing passing lanes

Overall basketball IQ

He's worse at shooting (a lot of that due to shot selection) and man defense. That's about it.