ALWC: Rays @ A's

Eagles27

I’ll be at the game. Gonna be nuts and probably the most electric A’s crowd ever. We’ve never had a do or die game like this before and haven’t had a home playoff game since 2013. The crowd will be a huge factor. 

As for the game, difficult one to predict. Charlie Morton is the exact pitcher the A’s hate and we scored one run off him this year in 13 innings. However, the A’s aren’t stubborn like last years team who would aim homerun and never adjust. This year we aim home run or walk in almost every at bat but against high strike out pitchers like Morton they are not afraid to adjust into a single-fest. Hence the 21 run game they had earlier. This is an A’s team that adjusts to pitchers now and strategizes. Something they’ve never done before. 

A’s are officially starting Manaea who in 4 starts back since his early season injury, has a sub 1.3 ERA and sub 0.8 at home. I’m guessing Manaea in the first 5 innings follow by Petit one inning, Luzardo one inning, Diekman one inning, and Hendricks one inning in the 9th (if winning) is probably what you’ll see. 

I predict 2-1 A’s win but the game can easily go either way. 

Just now, bigbadbuff said:

Why? Id take Snell, Glasnow and Morton to limit the Astros. 

I feel like if people are going to get on Scherzer for what he's done since he came back, you cant exactly trust Snell fully either. His last 2 outings combined for 4 IPs and over 100 pitches. I understand the last outing, I believe they didn't need the win but he hasn't looked great. The Astros can match their pitching and have far superior bats. As a Dodger fan, I fear them so much

8 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Why does me saying they are going to lose make me a non decent person lol

"fat L" lol, come on man, you 12?

Not to mention, there was no need to even reply to my post like that when I wasn't even talking about the outcome of the game, and was talking about crowd noise. Was basically a out of no where cheap shot.

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

"fat L" lol, come on man, you 12?

Not to mention, there was no need to even reply to my post like that when I wasn't even talking about the outcome of the game, and was talking about crowd noise. Was basically a out of no where cheap shot.

Wow personal attacks on me continue because i said the A’s would lose. There is no need to attack me personally. And you are calling me 12.

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

The crowd you’re gonna see tomorrow is gonna be 2007 Warrior Playoff-esque. 

Before reading this thread I wanted to joke that the road team would be better off bc of how sad the home crowds of both teams usually are.

It'd be cool to see life from this franchise, though.