Redskins cut Robert Davis off 53/Alexander off PS

MikeT14

Redskins waived WR Robert Davis.

Davis got the call on 43.1 percent of Washington's offensive snaps on Sunday without Terry McLaurin (hamstring) available. His release is still a surprising turn of events given the explosiveness he showed in the preseason (3/115/2). Some fortunate team will claim him during waivers process.

Oct 1, 2019, 10:45 AM ET

--------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by MikeT14

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Redskins waived WR Robert Davis.

Davis got the call on 43.1 percent of Washington's offensive snaps on Sunday without Terry McLaurin (hamstring) available. His release is still a surprising turn of events given the explosiveness he showed in the preseason (3/115/2). Some fortunate team will claim him during waivers process.

Oct 1, 2019, 10:45 AM ET

--------------------------------------------------------------

Not shocking. It means Terry is healthy. They're keeping Harmon and Sims bc Harmon was just drafted and Sims is a return man and more versatile. Sims should arguably be given a chance to play over Quinn in the slot bc Sims offers more speed. Quinn has gotten zero yac all year. His ypc is that of a running backs, 7.3 ypc.

Robert Davis will be back on the practice squad. No one picked him up in September fresh off the great preseason why would they sign him off a game where he played 43.1% of the snaps but Only had 1 reception?

Edited by turtle28

24 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Just admit your mistake and cut Richardson already. The guy is horrible. 

Huh? He has 18 recs and 2 TDs through the 1st quarter of the season. He’s on pace for 72 recs and 8 TDs - which he probably won’t get - but that’s what his first quarter was equivalent to.

He’s not lighting the world on fire, but horrible? 

Typical overreaction

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, taylor made said:

I agree that he's horrible but its not like we have anyone to replace him. Maybe give Sims more playing time. He's at least explosive

Richardson's stats are about on par with what Garçon used to give us except in 2013 and 2016. I don’t understand how people can be just fine with Garçon - and sometimes overrate him - but trash PRich for having similar production.

Edited by turtle28

14 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Richardson's stats are about on par with what Garçon used to give us except in 2013 and 2016. I don’t understand how people can be just fine with Garçon - and sometimes overrate him - but trash PRich for having similar production.

Garçon was a much better player and it’s not even close. Let’s not do this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Prich hit 700 yards once in his career so you can't really say that is his norm since he did it ............once.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Prich hit 700 yards once in his career so you can't really say that is his norm since he did it ............once.

Perhaps that’s bc he was a back up in Seattle as a young player until his 4th year when he had over 700 yards and 6 TDs?

I’m not saying he’s great, but he's not awful either.

The Redskins aren’t going to cut their only vet WR as Lavar suggests. Maybe trade him? But cutting him would be stupid especially bc of how he’s started the season. Haskins needs a vet target to work with.

Edited by turtle28

38 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Perhaps that’s bc he was a back up in Seattle as a young player until his 4th year when he had over 700 yards and 6 TDs?

I’m not saying he’s great, but he's not awful either.

The Redskins aren’t going to cut their only vet WR as Lavar suggests. Maybe trade him? But cutting him would be stupid especially bc of how he’s started the season. Haskins needs a vet target to work with.

A QB needs a reliable target. How long they have been in the league really doesn't matter. 

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Garçon was a much better player and it’s not even close. Let’s not do this. 

Last time I checked, I didn't start it by calling an average to above average player horrible which you know is an overreaction and isn't true. You always go to the extreme on the negative when the truth is the analysis/production of the players is almost always somewhere in the middle.

Horrible players don’t catch 18 passes and 2 TDs in 4 games in a season.

PRich has played 11 games for the Redskins so far and his stats are pretty good for 11 games:

38 recs, 411 yards and 4 TDs in 3 games over a season.

Extrapolate that out over another 5 games and its 55 recs, 600 yds and 6 TDs.

That's more like what my analysis of him is than yours. He's average to slightly above.

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

A QB needs a reliable target. How long they have been in the league really doesn't matter. 

PRich is reliable. He gets open and he catches the ball, he’s had one drop this season is 4 games. He’s had a few TDs and almost 20 catches. 

Edited by turtle28

Personally, I don't think they are using him right. Kevin Sheehan talked about this this morning on his rant yesterday about the Redskins. 

Last year they used Prich more on intermediate to deep routes and that's why his ypc was 13. This year they are using him as the flanker/Z and he’s running more short to intermediate routes and that's why his ypc is down 4 yards.

Also, he's a burner and great in the open field, if like to see them get PRich the ball on screen passes with Quinn or Harmon set up as the blocker in front of him as well as a TE who comes over to block also. PRich is taking a screen pass and making something just as Terry, CT and Sims are and he's more capable of making something of it more than Quinn has showed this season.

The issue the Redskins have though is they have two split end/x WRs starting and Terry is the better version of PRich, so PRich is taking one for the team and playing out of position and he's doing just fine at it, but they do have to find a way to get him the ball more in space on screens and quick hitters/slants so he can get some yac and use that 4.4 speed. 

Harmon would be a good WR to be our flanker if he ends up being a future starter. If we draft someone like Jeudy, it will be interesting to see if they keep Terry at split end or move him to flanker so that Jeudy can be freed up to run more of the deep routes. I would hope they'd keep Terry where he is and whoever is starting next year opposite him is lining up at flanker.

Edited by turtle28