Week #5 Steelers 1-3 vs. Ravens 2-2 Gamethread

Steeler Hitman

12 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

If they aren’t going to cut Moncreif yet, I at least hope they cut Switzer and bring back Rogers. They seem to have no interest in Switzer playing on offense and he awkwardly isn’t their first choice at KR so let Johnson take the PR an KR duties and being in Rogers. 

It’s not a miracle fix, but I at least feel more justified in the roster spot at this point. 

We will probably trade our 2nd for Devante Parker*

cut moncrief for sure, bring back eli, this makes sense. How about throwing more to the TE's and getting the run game going. As long as Vmac is out there, he should get as many chances as the opposition will allow. If it's 8 catches a game, then go for it. I would take advantage of the mismatch there, they have it and aren't exploiting defences for some reason.  

Is Devante Parker not getting along with the dolphins?  Would Diggs would be more than a RD2 pick?

22 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

And yet our offense cant score enough or protect the ball enough to win.

its like the Football gods are trolling us right now

for years we've been wanting a defense that forces turnovers to help our elite offense. The yr we finally have that, our elite offense falls apart due to injuries and AB going crazy.

2 minutes ago, August4th said:

its like the Football gods are trolling us right now

for years we've been wanting a defense that forces turnovers to help our elite offense. The yr we finally have that, our elite offense falls apart due to injuries and AB going crazy.

Let me ask you guys something 

First of all I am not suggesting this individual isnt extremely talented because he is, but how many people here are concerned that James Conner is not a long term solution at RB?

His ball security really concerns me. I DO think the fumble that we won the challenge on (Harbaugh lost the challenge that is) was actually a fumble recovered by Baltimore. I dont wanna act like he fumbles all the time but he has had some that have really effected our success. That on top of his health issues are very concerning

1 hour ago, August4th said:

one of the few bright spots of the season is the secondary imo I hope they don't fall apart in 2020

it's been about 15 years since they had some quality play and depth at CB.  They finally fixed this  as a result of spending a bit in UFA . Too bad the OC is wasting the team away losing these close games to legit playoff teams. The only decisive loss this year was with ben starting vs the pats and he was (cough) "feeling better than ever and throwing better than ever"

30 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Let me ask you guys something 

First of all I am not suggesting this individual isnt extremely talented because he is, but how many people here are concerned that James Conner is not a long term solution at RB?

His ball security really concerns me. I DO think the fumble that we won the challenge on (Harbaugh lost the challenge that is) was actually a fumble recovered by Baltimore. I dont wanna act like he fumbles all the time but he has had some that have really effected our success. That on top of his health issues are very concerning

I'm worried but I'm worried in the way that he's not the long term solution Fichtner wants at the position.

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Also, relevance of a combine drill in the NFL.  Think of the drill that the players stay low to tap the pads running side to side, then watch this from Tuitt:

This is why Ignored last week's posts about how he wasn't playing well and should be traded. 

4 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

This is why Ignored last week's posts about how he wasn't playing well and should be traded. 

Who Tuitt?  Because he's the one doing well in that.  Heyward is the guy just not worth his price tag right now TBH.

28 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

who said who should be traded? I can't recall a thread where someone said Tuitt should be traded. He has been solid on the DL and others have played well. 

Our worst game was with ben at QB vs the pats, a team they beat at the end of last season. The rest of our games have been close losses to playoff teams. The D is actually doing it's part, now if fichner can stop sabotaging the team, they might win