Bye Week Thread

bigbadbuff

18 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Keep bye week talk here.

The Bills have 10 touchdowns on 14 red zone appearances so far this year. Crazy. One of the non conversions was the Matt Barkley drive that stalled at the goal line, so a Josh Allen led offense is 10/13 in the red zone so far. Impressive 

the 11 turnovers he has had is what is killing them on offense. 

I'm usually not a fan of the bye week and especially when it's early in the season but this comes at the right time for the Bills.  After all those injuries last game it will be a great benefit to rest up and get back at it next week.  As far as turnovers our concerned I don't like them but I do like Josh Allen's mindset to make a big play he is a gunslinger and that is refreshing after years of QB's not willing to throw downfield when you have a QB like this you have to take the good with the bad nobody is perfect he truly reminds me Jim Kelly with running ability

So since there is not much to discuss and the trade deadline is coming up at the end of the month, I figure I would throw this out there. From what I have read people want Trent Williams OT Washington Redskins, Stefon Diggs WR Minnesota Vikings, and/or AJ Green WR Cincinnati Bengals. So my question to everyone would you rather give up: 

2020 1st for Trent Williams,

2020 1st and likely a 2021 mid to late rd pick for Stefon Diggs,

or

Aj Green giving up either a 2nd 2020 and 3rd 2021 or swapping 1st rd pick 2020 for Cincy 2020 2nd rd pick and mid rd 2021 pick?

If bills trade for Trent, it would be assumed that Trent would be LT, Spain LG, Morse C, Feliciano/Ford RG, and Dawkins RT, with Ty and Long as back ups.

If its Diggs or Green it would be either one, Brown, Beasley, McKenzie, Duke, and Roberts.

Any other player you would rather have over one of these 3 guys?

5 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

sorry 10, 7 Ints and 3 fumbles. Either way thats what is killing the offense so far. They have been fairly dominant in the red zone but bone head moves is what is holding the offense back from putting up more points

He has lost 2 fumbles... Still not good but I don't think turnovers alone has been holding us back. We have consistently moved the ball and then stall around 50 yard line or 40 yard line. We have to get into the redzone more. Can't get to the edge of if and stall... 

I think we are one true #1 WR away from having a great offense. If we can get Josh a big target on the outside who can go up and get the ball then watch out. It's what we are lacking. If was evident in Patriots game... Unfortunately Brown and Beasley just isn't that guy and never will be. Duke can be that guy but he is still unproven.

17 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

He has lost 2 fumbles... Still not good but I don't think turnovers alone has been holding us back. We have consistently moved the ball and then stall around 50 yard line or 40 yard line. We have to get into the redzone more. Can't get to the edge of if and stall... 

I think we are one true #1 WR away from having a great offense. If we can get Josh a big target on the outside who can go up and get the ball then watch out. It's what we are lacking. If was evident in Patriots game... Unfortunately Brown and Beasley just isn't that guy and never will be. Duke can be that guy but he is still unproven.

Yea they need to go out and make a move. I am not buying the Cincy, "we aren't trading AJ Greeen nonsense". He is 6'4 and when healthy he is a legit #1 WR. Age to me doesnt matter as they have the window with defense to win now. So if the bills have him for 3-4 years that all they need from him in order to get this offense going today. Cincy is 0-5 in a rebuild, with a guy going on his last year of his contract. To clear an extra 10 mil, roll it over to next year, and pick up a 2nd round pick it would be dumb not to pull the trigger. People may not be happy with the move because of his injury history but it is worth a risk to take when you need a true #1 wr and you are currently in the hunt for playoff this year. He is probably 100% healthy if not close to it by the time he is ready to understand the new offense.   The next 6 games/7 weeks the only one with a winning record is Philly so it would be an ideal gap to get him now and let him learn with the team. That way come Dallas he should be a full go on the entire playbook in time to make a playoff push for wildcard or maybe even the Afc East. 

Stefon diggs may be an option but he is small they need a big guy who can go up and get the ball he has made Dalton look good all these years, lets see if he would make Allen look better then he currently is. PLus Green would cost less in trade because of his age and history. If cincy seriously keeps him for the year then this organization is more delusional then I thought.

On 10/10/2019 at 11:06 AM, soflbillsfan said:

So since there is not much to discuss and the trade deadline is coming up at the end of the month, I figure I would throw this out there. From what I have read people want Trent Williams OT Washington Redskins, Stefon Diggs WR Minnesota Vikings, and/or AJ Green WR Cincinnati Bengals. So my question to everyone would you rather give up: 

2020 1st for Trent Williams,

2020 1st and likely a 2021 mid to late rd pick for Stefon Diggs,

or

Aj Green giving up either a 2nd 2020 and 3rd 2021 or swapping 1st rd pick 2020 for Cincy 2020 2nd rd pick and mid rd 2021 pick?

If bills trade for Trent, it would be assumed that Trent would be LT, Spain LG, Morse C, Feliciano/Ford RG, and Dawkins RT, with Ty and Long as back ups.

If its Diggs or Green it would be either one, Brown, Beasley, McKenzie, Duke, and Roberts.

Any other player you would rather have over one of these 3 guys?

I think your sense of draft pick value on players is slightly off. Here's what I'm thinking..

Players wanting new contracts decreases the value they have because the new, accepting team has to commit guaranteed money/signing bonus right away. The team offering the player doesn't have much leverage and we've seen that players are not afraid to just sit out until they force a move. I think we're seeing a new trend develop with Zeke Elliott (I think he would've sat the entire year if he had to), Leveon Bell, AB and Trent Williams. I think we'll still get a Melvin Gordon scenario once in awhile, but I think they'll be less than the past. 

Antonio Brown went for a 3rd and a 5th. Arguably a better, healthier player than AJ Green, same age too.. also wanted a new deal from new team. I think Green could be had for a 3rd round pick plus a conditional mid round pick in 2021, conditions based on his health and/or long-term contract signing. With his injury history I don't see a team giving up a 2nd unless it's the only piece moving and it's a late 2nd coming from a definite contender (i.e. Chiefs, Pats, Saints, etc.)  

If you use the logic of Clowntonio Brown wanted out so he was devalued, that's fine, but then you could also apply that to Trent Williams who (most think) is probably worth a 1st, but may not get it. He also wants a new contract. I think you can definitely acquire him without giving up a first rounder. 

Stefon Diggs is an interesting case. He just signed a new deal so he'd be locked in long-term. He's still young and has been able to stay on the field. I don't think a first round pick from us is out of the question here because of where we are likely to pick. If our pick was a top 10 lock like recent years, then we'd all say hell no. If it's in the 20s and gives us a weapon for a playoff push, how could you say no? Regardless of all that, I just don't think Diggs is an option because of the team and personality fit.

So to answer your question...

I'd do a 2nd and a conditional mid round pick in 2021 for Trent Williams. I wouldn't move a first for him.

I'd also do a 3rd and conditional mid round pick in 2021 for AJ Green. If all it took was a 2nd this year with a team friendly (similar to our contracts given out this past offseason) 4 year deal in place, I'd probably do it. Anything more coming from us, no thanks.

Pass on Diggs altogether. If we end up actually pulling the trigger on him though, I won't be upset.

5 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

I think your sense of draft pick value on players is slightly off. Here's what I'm thinking..

Players wanting new contracts decreases the value they have because the new, accepting team has to commit guaranteed money/signing bonus right away. The team offering the player doesn't have much leverage and we've seen that players are not afraid to just sit out until they force a move. I think we're seeing a new trend develop with Zeke Elliott (I think he would've sat the entire year if he had to), Leveon Bell, AB and Trent Williams. I think we'll still get a Melvin Gordon scenario once in awhile, but I think they'll be less than the past. 

Antonio Brown went for a 3rd and a 5th. Arguably a better, healthier player than AJ Green, same age too.. also wanted a new deal from new team. I think Green could be had for a 3rd round pick plus a conditional mid round pick in 2021, conditions based on his health and/or long-term contract signing. With his injury history I don't see a team giving up a 2nd unless it's the only piece moving and it's a late 2nd coming from a definite contender (i.e. Chiefs, Pats, Saints, etc.)  

If you use the logic of Clowntonio Brown wanted out so he was devalued, that's fine, but then you could also apply that to Trent Williams who (most think) is probably worth a 1st, but may not get it. He also wants a new contract. I think you can definitely acquire him without giving up a first rounder. 

Stefon Diggs is an interesting case. He just signed a new deal so he'd be locked in long-term. He's still young and has been able to stay on the field. I don't think a first round pick from us is out of the question here because of where we are likely to pick. If our pick was a top 10 lock like recent years, then we'd all say hell no. If it's in the 20s and gives us a weapon for a playoff push, how could you say no? Regardless of all that, I just don't think Diggs is an option because of the team and personality fit.

So to answer your question...

I'd do a 2nd and a conditional mid round pick in 2021 for Trent Williams. I wouldn't move a first for him.

I'd also do a 3rd and conditional mid round pick in 2021 for AJ Green. If all it took was a 2nd this year with a team friendly (similar to our contracts given out this past offseason) 4 year deal in place, I'd probably do it. Anything more coming from us, no thanks.

Pass on Diggs altogether. If we end up actually pulling the trigger on him though, I won't be upset.

When it comes to trades you cant compare one situation to the next, just like draft day trades. It all depends on the supply and demand, right now you have several teams who have blue chip players who arent willing to part ways with their players without right compensation. With AB, who is a mental head case and has had a history of issues, along with causing a rift in the locker room, on top of having a break out player in JuJu allowed them to bail on him quickly. Since only one team was involved in offering both a trade and paying him with all that baggage provided a low ball offer that Pitt wanted out. For guys like AJ who has been a model player when it comes to being a teammate, brings in more teams. With several in the running for playoffs he can easily go higher then expected for his services. When healthy which is expected to be at this stage of his recovery is a #1 Wr on a team, Pats who have Edelman and thats really it would be interested especially at Toms stage of his career. Another one is Saints needing an option across from Mike Thomas, San Fran needing a true #1 wr, Buffalo Bills needing a true #1 could easily get a bidding war going at this stage of the season. All these teams would die to be in the playoffs and make a run so they would easily give up more now then they would after the season to get his services. So to me you cant think of draft pick value being the same as the offseason, if your going to win the bidding war you may have to over pay but Ill take over paying for a #1 Wr now and push for the playoffs then settle for what they have and struggle more on offense just to save a pick in the offseason. Trent Williams is a different case, I think that Dawkins is doing a good enough job to stay where he is at but Washington organization is a disaster so they will let that guy sit rather then taking anything less then what they were getting this past offseason which was said to be a 1st rd pick from Houston before they traded with Miami. 

Cordy Glenn is fighting with Cincy about the way things are being handled with his concussion and has requested his release, if cut do you think the Bills should bring him back as back up help for LT? When healthy he is a legit OT but his injuries is what has been holding him back from being top tier talent.

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Cordy Glenn is fighting with Cincy about the way things are being handled with his concussion and has requested his release, if cut do you think the Bills should bring him back as back up help for LT? When healthy he is a legit OT but his injuries is what has been holding him back from being top tier talent.

If he is super cheap sure.

But something tells me the Bills prefer the route of continuing to bring Ryan Bates a long as a potential swing tackle in the future.