GDT: Titans at Broncos

titans0021

Just now, titanrick said:

You're not wrong, but I feel like the best thing for Marcus might be sitting down for a couple games.  If Tanny somehow, despite having no time to throw and two-man routes, can get a few wins, we stick with him.  If - more likely - he sucks just as bad and the team doesn't get better, you bring Marcus back in for the last six games to see if the break helped him.  This all becomes more realistic if we can somehow get the OLine to stop playing like one of the worst in the NFL.  Keith Carter needs to be gone mid-season with the way this unit is playing.  Just disgusting.

Oh yeah. Marcus is done in my mind. I I've moved on. 

Anything with him is gravy. 

But Tanny isn't great either. So that's what I mean. 

Our offensive woes start with the line and then the QB whoever it is and then OC are the next cause. 

In my opinion. 

I’ll say this, Mariota breaking the pocket on this play was insane. College freshman QB kind of stuff. But my god. The fact that Von Miller had four blockers on him. Literally four. And they all just let him run laterally all the way across the field in order to hit the QB is hilarious.

I can almost understand what MM is doing on this play more than Jones and Saffold. I can at least guess that Mariota was showing run to draw defenders up and create a throwing lane, even if it was stupid and totally unnecessary. Saffold and Jones not even stepping forward as Von sprints to his left is incredible.

• Like 1

I also don’t even know if I want to keep Henry. We all desperately want a modern offense, and I just don’t see Henry’s fit in a modern offense, at least not in a role big enough to justify his likely contract demands. He’s just such a fundamentally terrible receiver. He has bad hands, but beyond that, his footwork in the passing game is terrible.

I fully understand Mariota threw some bad passes to him yesterday, but on one of them he was actively staring at the QB while jogging backwards and on another he just sloppily plodded into the flat. I just don’t know if you can work with that in a modern offense outside of maybe 15-25 snaps a game.

• Like 1

These are the scheme issues that will ruin the offense regardless of who is at QB. Why is that WR in the flat? Why is that WR in the flat? Why is that WR in the flat?

The entire play design is to hit the TE in space or to have the 12-yard crosser come open, or even have Mariota run. That WR in the flat guarantees an extra defender will be present for all of those options, hell the first read (the TE) is running straight into the defender that was brought into the play by the receiver in the flat.

At the end of the day, we have two mediocre quarterbacks on this team. But, both "belong" in the NFL for all intents and purposes

The fact that our offense is THIS bad is more on coaching than anything. We are at a Miami level of incompetence, with more talent at the skill positions. I hate this team.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I also don’t even know if I want to keep Henry. We all desperately want a modern offense, and I just don’t see Henry’s fit in a modern offense, at least not in a role big enough to justify his likely contract demands. He’s just such a fundamentally terrible receiver. He has bad hands, but beyond that, his footwork in the passing game is terrible.

I fully understand Mariota threw some bad passes to him yesterday, but on one of them he was actively staring at the QB while jogging backwards and on another he just sloppily plodded into the flat. I just don’t know if you can work with that in a modern offense outside of maybe 15-25 snaps a game.

Commit to something.

I was watching old Eddie/Steve Titans games on YouTube. ( I recommend for everyone to do that. I'm for real. Just search Tennessee Titans and watch those old games. I forget who win some of them so I feel like i'm watching for the first time.lol ) 
But anyway, commit to something.  We as an organization don't know how to be modern and sling the ball around. We just don't know. 

So let's just line up two tights, two WRs and and RB and run the ball till we get tired. Play good defense and invest in good Special Teams. 

I'm ok with letting Henry walk. If he needs an O-line that clears the road then we aint gonna get it here apparently and it would be wasted money. Need a RB that can create on his own and play on 3rd down.

6 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I think @-Hope- asked about him running straight into this sack yesterday. Look at that running lane if Nate Davis even kind of does his job.

Just like Marcus, Vrabel can't keep trotting Davis out there. He is getting killed. Gotta protect the player from their own self.

Davis was embarrassed multiple times.

Conklin also ends up on the ground now at least 2 times a game. Not in this clip, but others.

4 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I’ll say this, Mariota breaking the pocket on this play was insane. College freshman QB kind of stuff. But my god. The fact that Von Miller had four blockers on him. Literally four. And they all just let him run laterally all the way across the field in order to hit the QB is hilarious.

I can almost understand what MM is doing on this play more than Jones and Saffold. I can at least guess that Mariota was showing run to draw defenders up and create a throwing lane, even if it was stupid and totally unnecessary. Saffold and Jones not even stepping forward as Von sprints to his left is incredible.

My guess would be that it's not always easy to see the QB playing behind you inexplicably deciding to leave the pocket against a 2-man rush. No matter how bad they have performed themselves all year long, we'd be crazy to argue that sack is on anyone other than Marcus.