MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

Time for us to GTFO and we totally deserve it.

In 8 days I went from top of the world to wanting nothing to do with Middleton and am pissed we're stuck with Bledsoe, and have serious doubt Bud is actually a good coach and didn't just benefit from Giannis being a beast.

Giannis got his first taste of a deep run and is going to get deserved hate. Just make you're effing free throws and we win either game 3,5 or 6. Hopefully this motivates him.

I don't even want the Brewers to tease us again this year. I don't have the heart for it. 

On 5/24/2019 at 2:39 AM, showtime said:

Season end?!?!?!?!  The Bucks are playing Saturday night!  Just take it one game at a time.  The season wasn't on the line tonight, it's on the line Saturday.  Obviously it would have been great for the Bucks to win in Milwaukee, but the Bucks have been a great team all year.  Don't throw in the towel now!!

Come on Puggie!!!

God, I hate being right.   :(

On 5/24/2019 at 8:53 AM, titans0021 said:

The fact is, you constructed this team this way so that teams couldn’t defend Giannis the way the Raptors are. But our shooters have shown no ability to punish them for sending three defenders at Giannis on every drive.

Brook is 10-29 from 3, Middleton is 8-24, Bledsoe is 4-26, Mirotic is 6-31, Ersan is 3-13. We can blame coaching, and I did last night. We can blame Giannis. But when you only have one player making 38% of their threes on a high-volume 3-point shooting team that is consistently getting good looks, a lot of that falls on the players.

Yes,  when we could hit the basket earlier in the game we were fine.  But once we started to miss our shots the wheels came off.  :(

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Time for us to GTFO and we totally deserve it.

In 8 days I went from top of the world to wanting nothing to do with Middleton and am pissed we're stuck with Bledsoe, and have serious doubt Bud is actually a good coach and didn't just benefit from Giannis being a beast.

Giannis got his first taste of a deep run and is going to get deserved hate. Just make you're effing free throws and we win either game 3,5 or 6. Hopefully this motivates him.

I don't even want the Brewers to tease us again this year. I don't have the heart for it. 

I don't have a problem with Bud.  He can't will the guys to make their shots and rebounds.  

Giannis is great and hopefully he will work on his free throws.  He wasn't this dreadful in the regular season but it killed us in this series.

Just now, Pugger said:

I don't have a problem with Bud.  He can't will the guys to make their shots and rebounds.  

Giannis is great and hopefully he will work on his free throws.  He wasn't this dreadful in the regular season but it killed us in this series.

Our offense was Giannis driving into that wall, then kicking out, with the floor spaced out poorly so no one was truly open.

Raptors went down 2-0, Nurse adjusted, Bud never figured out anything remotely close to make him counter-adjust and the Raptors ripped off 4 in a row. 

To me Bud is #1 on the blame list. Then Bledsoe, then Middleton, then Giannis. After game 2, the Raptors had the #1 and #2 best players on the floor, you could argue Van Vleet was #3. 

Yeah, you can blame the shooting. God knows I did, but this is on Bud. He was so thoroughly and completely out coached. You watch the movement and screens that the Raptors used to get whatever matchup they wanted on the random, switch all defense. Meanwhile, we have nothing offensively. Four guys standing still while Giannis plows into a wall. Great stuff.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, you can blame the shooting. God knows I did, but this is on Bud. He was so thoroughly and completely out coached. You watch the movement and screens that the Raptors used to get whatever matchup they wanted on the random, switch all defense. Meanwhile, we have nothing offensively. Four guys standing still while Giannis plows into a wall. Great stuff.

So what do we do with Bud?  Find somebody else now?

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

And that crap offense still might have been enough if at the same time his new defensive philosophy wasn't derived from the guy we all rejoiced when he left town. Thank goodness we don't have to watch Clay, Steph and Durant against that defense.

Bud was an absolute joke once Nurse realized he had the less talented team and was going to have to make some changes.

26 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

and have serious doubt Bud is actually a good coach and didn't just benefit from Giannis being a beast.

Nah, he's a really good coach.  They lost in game 6 of the eastern conference finals, that's not bad.  Team had never been this far.  This is a great learning experience for all the players.  They'll be back again next year.

He also coached the Hawks to the ECF where they lost to LeBron.

The dude can coach and is one of the best in the league.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Nah, he's a really good coach.  They lost in game 6 of the eastern conference finals, that's not bad.  Team had never been this far.  This is a great learning experience for all the players.  They'll be back again next year.

He also coached the Hawks to the ECF where they lost to LeBron.

The dude can coach and is one of the best in the league.

He seems like a players coach and a good developmental guy, but sorry I don't see anything to tell me he's an Xs and Os guy.

You certainly can win it all with a guy like Bud, but Brad Stevens built the wall and laid down the blueprint Nurse used to beat the Bucks. Against Boston, Khris, Hill, Pat, Miratic were all hitting 3s, this series they weren't. We needed and adjustment and Bud couldn't deliver. Not to mention whatever the hell that was on defense.