MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason

beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Bull****

How'd that work out for the Cavs giving Tristan Thompson a huge deal? Certainly kept LeBron around.

Bucks are thinking long term.  If making Middleton happy convinces Giannis into signing the supermax deal next year, then that's what you do. 

3 minutes ago, mightybk said:

Bucks are thinking long term.  If making Middleton happy convinces Giannis into signing the supermax deal next year, then that's what you do. 

Not really. That's crazy ******* shortsighted. Investing $35 Million into a dude worth $20 Million to appease your superstar is exactly how you screw yourself down the line. This Giannis excuse is straight up garbage. He's not going hinge whether to bolt or not on Khris friggin' Middleton.

If we stagnate because we invested so much into Middleton, there's significant risk of Giannis bolting regardless.

Edited by beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Not really. That's crazy ******* shortsighted. Investing $35 Million into a dude worth $20 Million to appease your superstar is exactly how you screw yourself down the line. This Giannis excuse is straight up garbage. He's not going hinge whether to bolt or not on Khris friggin' Middleton.

If we stagnate because we invested so much into Middleton, there's significant risk of Giannis bolting regardless.

I don't think you understand the personality of Giannis. The guy is loyal to a fault. He was loyal to the worst coach in the NBA. The easiest way for Giannis to bolt was for us to let Middleton go and then not advance as far in the postseason. He didn't want to recruit another star he, he's been extremely vocal that he wanted exactly what we have him, as much of the hang back together as we could feasibly get.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't think you understand the personality of Giannis. The guy is loyal to a fault. He was loyal to the worst coach in the NBA. The easiest way for Giannis to bolt was for us to let Middleton go and then not advance as far in the postseason. He didn't want to recruit another star he, he's been extremely vocal that he wanted exactly what we have him, as much of the hang back together as we could feasibly get.

And when we stagnate and he leaves, we'll learn the crucial lesson of not hanging your entire franchise on what one player wants, especially when it's as absurd as the Middleton contract. Worst contract in professional sports.

Edited by beekay414

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

And when we stagnate and he leaves, we'll learn the crucial lesson of not hanging your entire franchise on what one player wants, especially when it's as absurd as the Middleton contract. Worst contract in professional sports.

Well then we were damned if we did or didn't. If Giannis bolts after all this it will be jersey burning in the streets worthy. Not that I would ever do something so stupid but needless to say he'd be no different than Kareem and would take years for him to be welcomed back. I don't see it happening. The East isn't that good next year and we'll see how Durant and Kyrie do together in 2020-21 but there isn't a reason we'd be stagnant. We're a decent 2 guard away from being in a similar spot as last year and if Giannis has a jumper it really doesn't matter what we did.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Well then we were damned if we did or didn't. If Giannis bolts after all this it will be jersey burning in the streets worthy. Not that I would ever do something so stupid but needless to say he'd be no different than Kareem and would take years for him to be welcomed back. I don't see it happening. The East isn't that good next year and we'll see how Durant and Kyrie do together in 2020-21 but there isn't a reason we'd be stagnant. We're a decent 2 guard away from being in a similar spot as last year and if Giannis has a jumper it really doesn't matter what we did.

There was literally no reason to offer Middleton that much money. He should've gotten what Bojan Bogdanovic got. They are crazy similar players. Yet, we basically maxed one because he's buddies with our superstar and the Jazz stole Bojan at that price. 

Middleton's max contract offer should've been 5 years/$100 million. We literally competed against ourselves to sign one of our own players...again. If he got a max offer elsewhere...welp, enjoy that Dallas weather.

I don't care how good the players is...you never let one player dictate how you run your operation. Period. There's massive risk either way when you're a market our size. I'm not paying twice what he's worth just because his buddy wants us to. 

Worst. Contract. In. Sports.

Edited by beekay414

1 minute ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

And here’s the annual ***** fest for any Wisconsin sports team free agency signing by Bk

lol cute.

Explain to me how Lopez fits. Do tell. Tell me how using the only legitimate avenue we have of adding someone worth a damn is well spent on a big that doesn't fit what we do? C'mon. Enlighten me Mr. I'll never question my team's moves because I'm blindly optimistic.

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lol cute.

Explain to me how Lopez fits. Do tell. Tell me how using the only legitimate avenue we have of adding someone worth a damn is well spent on a big that doesn't fit what we do? C'mon. Enlighten me Mr. I'll never question my team's moves because I'm blindly optimistic.

I have zero reason to doubt the EOY or Stearns. Why would I question? He’s got Lee way from me. Packers on the other hand... still gotta see 

• beekay414 changed the title to MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason