MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason

beekay414

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

Love the trade, not that it's likely to matter, but Woj just said there are protections on the picks.

Means we have to do something at the 5. We can't survive with just Thon/Henson.

2018: protected 1-10, 17-30
2019: protected 1-3, 17-30
2020: protected 1-7
2021: unprotected

Also, the 2nd rounder is protected 31-47. If you guys finish with the 17th pick this year, we wouldn't get either pick.

7 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Nice work, Horst!  Would've loved to get Chandler too but that would've cost us Brogdon or Maker I'd imagine and I didn't want to part with either.  Plus we got rid of Monroe!  That is huge in itself.  

I hated Monroe as much as the next guy, but he was still our best center. They're all useless defensively, but at least Monroe made the opposing 5 exert some energy on the other end.

Not that I'm complaining about the trade in any way, it just further increases our desperate need at the 5. Bolomboy needs to be up immediately while we hopefully look to trade for a competent defensive big.

26 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I hated Monroe as much as the next guy, but he was still our best center. They're all useless defensively, but at least Monroe made the opposing 5 exert some energy on the other end.

I dunno about that. I've never see Monroe block any shot that I can remember but I've seen Thon swat some with ferocity.  He's only going to get better with time in the S&C program. And minutes.  

1 hour ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

2018: protected 1-10, 17-30
2019: protected 1-3, 17-30
2020: protected 1-7
2021: unprotected

Also, the 2nd rounder is protected 31-47. If you guys finish with the 17th pick this year, we wouldn't get either pick.

Yup. Means it's likely Monroe and a 2020 first. Might actually be less than I thought Bledsoe would go for. And I had low expectations from the Suns side.

5 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I dunno about that. I've never see Monroe block any shot that I can remember but I've seen Thon swat some with ferocity.  He's only going to get better with time in the S&C program. And minutes.  

I hate saying it and wish it wasn't true, but Thon has been legitimately terrible this year. I want nothing more than for him to hit, but as @bkobow05 said the other day, he should probably be with the Herd right now. He needs a full year of playing 30+ minutes and another full offseason of adding muscle. He's still 25-30 pounds away from having any chance at center.

His length can lead to a few spectacular plays, but he is getting pushed around on both sides of the floor. It really stood out when I was at the Thunder game, he was getting moved entirely out of the paint by Adams.

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

Yup. Means it's likely Monroe and a 2020 first. Might actually be less than I though Bledsoe would go for. And I had low expectations from the Suns side.

Or Giannis could tear an ACL in training camp next year and it's the 4th pick in the draft. It's far too early to predict what happens.

My other hope is that this should put some pressure on Kidd to make adjustments to things that aren't working. This is a clear message that we have moved into win-now mode, if he continues to hold the team back, he could definitely be gone after this year.

And with Giannis/Middleton/Parker/Brogdon/Bledsoe on the roster, it's a pretty great job opening if it becomes available.