MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason

beekay414

I remember everyone being happy with Thon after he was taken. After watching this FO bomb FA contracts and resignings, I hope we go all or nothing every year. My tune was different when I thought Hammond was actually running the show and not our owners. Our only chance is to hit big on the draft or actually make logical moves. Sadly I trust having risks pan out more than this FO. I've heard there's a big HS kid that skipped college this year but is loaded with potential (exactly how Thon was described) I want him if we actually have a pick.

I don't view this current FO any different than the Kohl era sadly, they just have Giannis who is better than any player from that era.

The way the Brewers are run is how the Bucks need to be if they want to have a chance. Yes Mark likes to stick his nose into things, but he hired Stearns who probably firmly said in an interview that the only way this job interested him is if Mark kept his nose out of his business for awhile. To Mark's credit he did. He'll probably stick his nose back into things now that we figure to be a future contender and I'm OK with that, but building up to that point, the FO has to be able to 100% make their own decision. It was clear that Hammond never got that with either owner.

13 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

People weren't happy with it, they talked themselves into it. Big difference. 

Whatever, it's not worth arguing. I'm fine with them taking chances and Thon had loads of potential. Everyone that came in to workout with him after we drafted him said it too. To give up on him I still think is foolish. He's had no coach to develop or run a proper offense with and he's playing out of position because our roster construction sucks. I don't have the same hopes for him that I did after KG gave the glowing review, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was a useful player.

i actually don't mind the chance on thon either. i talked myself into it for sure, but that draft fricken sucked, and i'd rather gamble than take some "safe" player like sabonis (who i still don't really give a crap about missing out on). 

that said, i hated, hated the dj wilson pick. when your own college coaches are shocked you get drafted in the 1st.. that's not a great sign. we could've picked almost anyone over the next 10 picks and it would've been better. 

hopefully we cut bait on him asap and decline his 3rd year option. sunk cost at this point. 

2 hours ago, IrishGreen said:

i actually don't mind the chance on thon either. i talked myself into it for sure, but that draft fricken sucked, and i'd rather gamble than take some "safe" player like sabonis (who i still don't really give a crap about missing out on). 

that said, i hated, hated the dj wilson pick. when your own college coaches are shocked you get drafted in the 1st.. that's not a great sign. we could've picked almost anyone over the next 10 picks and it would've been better. 

hopefully we cut bait on him asap and decline his 3rd year option. sunk cost at this point. 

Lol I remember being on the clock and I'm like "Cool Jarrett Allen and John Collins are on the board, hell I wouldn't even mind Giles, we really can't screw this up."

We took DJ Wilson...

• Like 2

I was three rows behind the basket yesterday, cool experience but those seats are a little overrated. Lots of heads/bodies in your way and you lack perspective. 

It sure was nice seeing Jabari consistently getting burnt off the dribble. Holy **** is he a liability on defense. He also gets so frazzled with his back to the basket, Eric Gordon was holding him for awhile.... good luck to whomever gives him a max deal. Middleton and Giannis still forcing square pegs into round holes turning the ball over with 0 offensive flow. The biggest problem is now the D has regressed again so they aren't getting on the break like they used to. This team relies soooo heavily on transition offense, once that dries up and you have to look in the mirror at your half court offense its disgusting. 

I'm done with this team this year, not buying the playoff tickets I got last year. They seem so far away but who knows what could happen with an intelligent coach, an average center and Brogdon starting versus Middleton.