MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason

beekay414

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I really have just lost all enthusiasm for this team. There's just nothing here except Giannis. I don't even want to say the pieces don't fit. We have no idea if the pieces fit, because this group hasn't had a single coach that is in anyway capable of trying to make the players work together. I'm convinced that there is no game planning on a night in, night out basis. Just dribble around, pass it a few times, and hope that somebody can create something. Or give it to Khris and let him put up a contested mid-range shot.

But hey, Giannis was able to put the team on his back for 10 minutes so we could beat the Knicks at home. So at least there's that.

Preach. 

If we had a talented coach, we could easily be fighting for the ECF IMHO

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Preach. 

If we had a talented coach, we could easily be fighting for the ECF IMHO

The thing that really frustrates me is that we're probably going to move on from this core. And I won't argue or complain about it. But man, we have no idea what the current roster build is even capable of because they have no chance whenever they face a competent coaching staff that can plan for the defense and stop penetration (see: getting crushed by the Mavs earlier this year). I'm fine dealing Middleton, but I really think a real NBA caliber head coach could get 50 wins out of a Giannis-Bledsoe-Brogdon core if they added a center and had guys like Snell, Brown, etc. playing sensible roles.

Teams are starting to figure Giannis out. Guy seems like this is his ceiling unless he can learn to hit jumpers, which opens up a whole new stratosphere he could reach.

If he had some consistent complimentarily players it wouldn't be an issue but too many nights we need him to do it all.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Teams are starting to figure Giannis out. Guy seems like this is his ceiling unless he can learn to hit jumpers, which opens up a whole new stratosphere he could reach.

If he had some consistent complimentarily players it wouldn't be an issue but too many nights we need him to do it all.

he's not 100% either. his knee is bugging him or exhaustion from being #1 in minutes so long, and more than likely, a combo of both.

teams have had giannis figured out for awhile, and he was still shredding them. but when he's not 100%, that jumper will really help

3 minutes ago, IrishGreen said:

he's not 100% either. his knee is bugging him or exhaustion from being #1 in minutes so long, and more than likely, a combo of both.

teams have had giannis figured out for awhile, and he was still shredding them. but when he's not 100%, that jumper will really help

I feel like at the beginning of the season and when we acquired Bledsoe teams respected Midds, Snell, Brogdon and then Bledsoe's ability to hit jumpers. Now the paint is just so crowded Giannis gets battered around when he drives in there. There's no real reason not to force this team into consistent jumpers. I'm not saying Giannis is bad or anything, he just needs to learn to hit a damn jumper.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I feel like at the beginning of the season and when we acquired Bledsoe teams respected Midds, Snell, Brogdon and then Bledsoe's ability to hit jumpers. Now the paint is just so crowded Giannis gets battered around when he drives in there. There's no real reason not to force this team into consistent jumpers. I'm not saying Giannis is bad or anything, he just needs to learn to hit a damn jumper.

yea agreed. and this team needs to let some 3s fly.

nothing like giannis drawing double and triple teams, kick it out, only to have someone like middleton or snell pump fake and dribble right into the wall giannis just drew.

for example, houston doesn't necessarily have great shooters, but they shoot a ton of 3s. and that's part of the reason they're successful.

that's why i like the jennings acquisition. he likes to let it fly. 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

If Jennings was this selfless with the ball the first time in Milwaukee, I don't think he would've ever left. He's consistently been looking for the open look over his shot. Hopefully success won't revert him back to the old 36% from the field, take 20 shots a game BJ.

Hey, it’s just like me and IG said from the very beginning. The way he played tonight is what we originally saw in him (Mickey D’s game especially) but he was forced to be “the man” instead. He had to be selfish bcuz he had no legit pieces around him.  Now he doesn’t have to do that which takes the pressure off. 

11 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Hey, it’s just like me and IG said from the very beginning. The way he played tonight is what we originally saw in him (Mickey D’s game especially) but he was forced to be “the man” instead. He had to be selfish bcuz he had no legit pieces around him.  Now he doesn’t have to do that which takes the pressure off. 

rooting for jennings a lot myself... hopefully this can resurrect his career a bit & potentially add a nice future piece to this complicated bucks puzzle