MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason

beekay414

1 minute ago, rcon14 said:

I'm more worried that we match a Jabari offer sheet but not as part of a S&T.

There's talk that he may just take the QO and leave next year. I'm fine with that. QO is only a little over $4 Million. Sure, we won't get anything for him but at least we're not locked in to a stupid contract long term.

Just now, bkobow05 said:

There's talk that he may just take the QO and leave next year. I'm fine with that. QO is only a little over $4 Million. Sure, we won't get anything for him but at least we're not locked in to a stupid contract long term.

If I were his agent, I'd find the biggest deal I could and tell him to take it. So much risk in those knees and he's actually bad.

1 minute ago, rcon14 said:

If I were his agent, I'd find the biggest deal I could and tell him to take it. So much risk in those knees and he's actually bad.

What I love is that his agent is leaking all this Enes Kanter stuff hoping the Bucks don't extend the QO to Jabari lol. Yes, in case you were thinking it, they both share the same agent.

15 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Jabari no good?

He is a Hammond guy correct?

Yeah, I wouldn't pay Jabari at all. He's beyond clueless, and sometimes just pure lazy, on defense and he's purely an ISO scorer on offense. That and he's torn his ACL twice is no bueno. 

2 hours ago, rcon14 said:

He's absolutely terrible, so no. He had one good game and aside from that was utterly atrocious. Shot 27% from 3. Was a -12 per 100 possessions, and had a BPM of -3.8. IT'S HARD TO BE BAD ENOUGH TO BE A -3.8! He's a defensive disaster and a sub-replacement level offensive player. I'd rather just roll with the guards we have and give some G-Leaguer with a decent 3-point shot a 2-way instead of wasting money on Jennings.

This sample size isn’t close enough to being proper. Not even to mention he played with some awful units. 

Jennings at $2.2 mil is plenty fine to be an end of bench guy/game day inactive.

It’s hilarious to me we even have to have these discussions because we gave out so many stupid contracts.

either way, im sure he’ll be let go

• Like 1

@bkobow05

I can't pretend I'd be thrilled about it, but Bucks twitter seems to be acting like it'd be the end of the world. He's an expiring and in order to get the salaries to work we'd probably end up sending away at least one bad contract right (unless it's Bledsoe?)? Meh. Doesn't help the interior defense any.

I mean, if we can send a single one of the major contracts that run beyond next year, I'm probably not going to be too mad about it.

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

@bkobow05

I can't pretend I'd be thrilled about it, but Bucks twitter seems to be acting like it'd be the end of the world. He's an expiring and in order to get the salaries to work we'd probably end up sending away at least one bad contract right (unless it's Bledsoe?)? Meh. Doesn't help the interior defense any.

I mean, if we can send a single one of the major contracts that run beyond next year, I'm probably not going to be too mad about it.

Posted that in the offseason rumor thread. Thing is, we wouldn't be able to attach a bad contract because NYK is looking to create cap space next year so they wouldn't want anything that runs beyond this season.

3 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Posted that in the offseason rumor thread. Thing is, we wouldn't be able to attach a bad contract because NYK is looking to create cap space next year so they wouldn't want anything that runs beyond this season.

Ah, I don't even know what it looks like then. Unless it's just a straight Bledsoe swap, which seems like a waste. Well, tomorrow should be fun.

If you need a list of things the Bucks will target in FA, just look at what we're loaded with on the roster and have absolutely no more use for. Slashers who can't make open jumpers and big men who can't play defense or rebound I assume will be high on the list.

Get rid of Greg Monroe because he was so obviously not a fit and pursue Kanter, who's a worse version on the Pistons Monroe. Such a Bucks thing to do.