BDL 2019 Week 6 - Williamsport Soul Reavers @ Berlin Blitzkrieg

SirA1

Williamsport Soul Reavers @ Berlin Blitzkrieg  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Williamsport Soul Reavers
    • Berlin Blitzkrieg

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/17/2019 at 04:01 AM

BDL 2019 Week 6

Match:  Williamsport Soul Reavers @ Berlin Blitzkrieg

Away Owner: @wwhickok

Home Owner: @Ragnarok

Vote for who you think will win this game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Williamsport Soul Reavers

QB: Dak Prescott
RB1: Chris Carson
WR1: Golden Tate
WR2: Calvin Ridley
Slot WR: Randall Cobb
TE: Dallas Goedert
LT: Charles Leno
LG: John Miller
C: Mitch Morse
RG: Austin Blythe
RT: Dion Dawkins

Reserve:
FB: Derek Watt
RB2: Derrick Henry
RB3: Tevin Coleman
WR4: John Brown
WR5: Anthony Miller

WR6: DeSean Hamilton
TE: Maxx Williams
OL: BJ Finney (C if Morse is inactive)

Defense:
(3-4 look)

LE: Davon Godchaux
NT: DJ Reader
RE: Michael Bennett
LOLB: Shaq Barrett
LILB: Myles Jack
RILB: Devin Bush
ROLB: Brian Burns
CB1: Byron Jones
CB2: Steven Nelson
FS: Ricardo Allen
SS: Marquise Blair

Reserves:
DE John Simon
DE: Tyson Alualu
DT: Justin Jones
LB: Anthony Barr
LB: Darron Lee
NCB: Donte Jackson (#2 CB if Nelson is inactive)
CB: Carlton Davis (NCB If Steven Nelson is inactive)
CB: Vernon Hargreaves

Berlin Blitzkrieg

Offense
QB - Tom Brady
RB - David Johnson
Slot - Chris Godwin
WR - Kenny Golladay
WR - Will Fuller
WR - MVS
LT - Kolton Miller
LG - Dan Feeney
C - Corey Linsley
RG - Ron Leary
RT - Taylor Moton

RB - Aaron Jones
TE - Hunter Henry
TE - Irv Smith Jr.
TE - Adam Shaheen
TE - Jordan Akins
OG - AJ Cann
OC - Ryan Kalil

Defense
DE - Justin Houston
NT - Brandon Williams
DT - Quinnen Williams
DE - Demarcus Lawrence
OLB - Tremaine Edmunds
MLB - Rashaan Evans
CB - Darius Slay
CB - Gareon Conley
CB - Byron Murphy
S - Lamarcus Joyner
S - Juan Thornhill

DE - Deatrich Wise
DE - Za’Darius Smith
DE - Markus Golden
DT - Leonard Williams
DT - Taven Bryan
OLB - Blake Cashman
CB/S - Damontae Kazee
CB - Mike Hilton

Edited by SirA1

Team: Williamsport Soul Reavers

Base Offensive Scheme: Erhardt-Perkins system, west coast WR concepts, RPO and zone blocking run game concepts

Core strengths: Mobile QB that is excellent in play action, RPO. Multiple RBs that can run both power and zone. Multiple WRs that excel in short to intermediate routes.

Strategy against Berlin Blitzkreig: 

Offensive Gameplan

This passed week against Camden throwing out the playbook and starting fresh worked, we came away with a win. So I decided why not be completely unpredictable every week.

This week we are going to run primarily out of 3 formations. The I-Formation, 3 WR, and 2 TE. We will sprinkle some four and even 5 wide in there but at a small %

We will also use RPO's out of the 3 WR formation at times too. Enough to keep the defense honest.

I want Max Williams involved in this game more than he has been in any other because of the strength of the opposing pass rush.

The front 7 of Berlin is really good, the secondary is above average, emphasis on the word average. Chris Carson and Derrick Henry are going to split Carrie's in this one. I want them and Derek Watt tiring out that Dline as much as they can.

It has been the routine of Berlin to take away the deep ball. That's okay because it only takes 10 yards to get a first down. We are going to attack the middle of the field and when/if the running game leads to Berlin putting more guys in the box, then I'll trust Dak to throw deep to Ridley.

In 2 TE sets we will use a mixture of out routes, levels and mesh/crossing routes.

When there is space, I also want Dak tucking and running. I want him to give the defense one more thing to worry about. So much so that there will also be a few designed QB runs out of the 3 WR set.

DEFENSIVE GAMEPLAN

Base Defensive Scheme: 3-4 front 7, Cover 2 Zone secondary

Core strengths: DL and LB are able to play the run and generate pressure both naturally and through blitzing. Linebackers also excel in zone coverage. 

Strategy against Berlin Blitzkreig: 

Tom Brady is an excellent QB, but just like irl, here he has an okay Offenive line that can definitely be penetrated. When he has been pressured, he has shown a tendency to struggle and rush throws.

We are going to bring pressure this week. Last week we rushed just 4. This week we are comfortable with 4, 5, & occasionally 6. But even then, at a much smaller % we are gonna bring the whole front 7, this will only be done against 3 WR (or less) sets in obvious passing situations, too much risk to get beat deep otherwise.

As I've done for the last several weeks, my gap assignments will remain the same. However unlike last week, Burns and Shaq are also going to have one primary goal:

Make Tommy Boy look at the stars all day from the flat of his back! I'm not going to exclusively rush them but they'll be coming often.

Their TEs shouldn't be ignored so we will make sure that Bush and Jack are taking care of them but we dont view them as major threats either.

The secondary I'm going to be relying heavily on to cover their guys. I'll use more single high safety due to the lack of relevant playing time for Blair, so I'll count on Allen to help on the back end, but when both guys are on the field, coverage will be their primary focus.

We will see more nickel zone in this game because of the quality of WRs we are facing.

Jones and Johnson need to be addressed too and they will be. Our LBs are going to be responsible for them. We want to try to shut down the run and take away the short passing game. We believe in Jack and Bush to cover the middle area of the field and our secondary is good enough to cover WRs.

So, what kind of coverage. So last week Tom Brady used motion to get the defense to tip their hand. This week, we are going to throw a 'disguise' at them.

Every time they use motion, we will have a guy (different each time) move in motion with said WR.

We are going to let the situation dictate whether we are running zone or man. Bush and Jack are very good at reading defenses. We are going to use a bit of both. At what % will depend upon the oppositions formations and personnel usage. We will change it up as well to remain somewhat unpredictable.

We are gonna use a mix of zone and man against all formations. Though given the quality of our secondary, we believe in their ability to match up man to man. We will see it often.

Now, back to the 'wrinkle'. We are going to have someone in motion with the offensive motioning player regardless of whether it's a zone defense or man defense.
If its zone we will have them 'shadow' and then fall into their zone at the snap. If its man, they'll be responsible for the player they are shadowing.

To protect from a player getting too far from their assigned zone, we will have a player prepared to shadow on the opposite side of the field also to prevent the defense from having to travel completely out of position.

We believe our defense can disrupt the offense at every level. Our goal is to keep everything in front of us and overwhelm the Oline.

Berlin Blitzkrieg

Offense
Donte Jackson and Steven Nelson are out, so they only have three CBs available and 5 total DBs.  We are going to attack that.

We are going to rotate Johnson and Jones evenly.  We want each to get 17-20 total touches, with around 5-8 being passes.  While we will use draws and screens as usual, we are going to implement more of a traditional rushing attack.  With our backs and a lighter box, we think we will have success running inside and especially off-tackle. 

4 WR - With WSR having only 5 total DBs on hand, we want to to force them to either match up a LB on a WR or sit in zone all game.  We will have Brady in shotgun most of the time to make sure he has time against a good defensive front.  Both our RBs excel in shotgun as well, so we are going to get them in space for nice gains.

We will put a man in motion to give Brady information pre-snap.  We will motion into a bunch set and out of a bunch set.  If they are in man, we will use our bunch to rub off defenders and get quick hitting crossing routes and option routes that Brady excels at.  If it is zone, we will use those bunches to flood a zone and give Brady a more open target.  When we motion out of the bunch set, our WRs will run every type of route, but Godwin is going to work underneath more while Fuller will work deep.

3 WR - We are going to use this set maybe 5% of the time because we don’t want both the WSR LBs on the field.  Irv will come in and be used as a fullback.  This allows us to give our RB a lead blocker in short yardage situations.

2 TE - We use this set maybe 20% of the time with Irv and Henry.  We are going to use them both as additional blockers.  When we have a lead late in the game, we will use this set to grind out the clock.  Henry will be the TE on the line and Irv will serve as a FB.  And we will just grind out the game.

Heavy - We will have 3 TEs on the field, Henry, Irv, and either Shaheen or Akins.  This will be in goalline and short yardage situations.  However, we are going to motion our TEs around to try and get a numbers advantage on one side of the formation.

Defense -
General - We want to shut down the run game and keep Dak in the pocket.  We will rotate our DL with some regularity, including having edge guys slide inside on passing downs.

3 WR - Cover 1 Man.  Slay takes Tate, Conley takes Brown, Byron takes Cobb.  Tremaine takes Goedert and Rashaan spies the RB.  Thornhill will sit in a deep middle.  Joyner is going to play multiple roles...he will double the TE, sit in a middle zone, blitz, and spy Dak.  But he will always be in the box.  Most typically, it will be a mix of zone and spying Dak, where he will just mirror Dak across the field to take away easy throws and meet him at the LOS if Dak runs.

Cover 2 Man.  Same coverage responsibilities as above except that Joyner and Thornhill play deep halves.  We will use this coverage in longer down and distance sets because it doesn’t allow us to spy Dak.

Cover 3 and Cover 2 zone.  We will sprinkle in enough zone coverage to keep Dak guessing and to keep eyes on him in case he tries to run.

2 WR - Cover 1 Man.  Slay takes Tate and Conley takes the other WR.  We will bring in an extra DL for Byron to dominate the LOS.  Tremaine has Goedert and Rashaan has the RB.  Joyner takes the other TE or FB and plays in the box for an extra man.  If the TE or FB stays in, Joyner will either sit middle zone/spy Dak or come on a delayed blitz.  Thornhill will sit deep middle so our CBs know where their help is.

We will switch into some Cover 3 here to make WSR guess.

4 WR - Cover 1 or 2 Man.  Kazee comes in for Rashaan and takes the other WR.  Tremaine spies the RB/TE and comes on a delayed blitz if the RB/TE stays in to block.

Joyner will start closer to the line at the snap to put an extra man in the box.  He will switch between dropping into deep halves with Thornhill for Cover 2 and sitting in middle zone/spying Dak for Cover 1.

Edited by SirA1

I dont know if I will ever do this again but...I'm going to be straight with you, no way I should win this game. With as many inactives and question Mark's in that secondary of mine, unless BB is completely ineffective on offense...theres just no way I match up well. I'm okay with that, several ppl have had weeks like this where the injuries pile up.

I voted for Berlin in this the better team should win the game. 

@Ragnarok

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I dont know if I will ever do this again but...I'm going to be straight with you, no way I should win this game. With as many inactives and question Mark's in that secondary of mine, unless BB is completely ineffective on offense...theres just no way I match up well. I'm okay with that, several ppl have had weeks like this where the injuries pile up.

I voted for Berlin in this the better team should win the game. 

@Ragnarok

I appreciate the honesty.

Two points.  1.  I always go through and check the inactives about 45 minutes before the games start to make sure I'm not missing anything for the noon games.  That's how I knew about Donte and Nelson.  Sometimes a random like Cobb will show up, but it at least mitigates some of the inactive issues.  2.  It's long been considered bad form to vote against yourself.  We had guys do that to try and give them a worse overall record for draft positioning.  Not saying you are doing that at all, just giving you some background.