Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

https://twitter.com/GoBearcatsFB/status/1359879933753888771?s=20&t=JXpOpYZxqVtBde7KJh6Y6A

His players whereever he’s gone all have liked the guy. He’s an unusual balance these days of being both respected and liked. No offense, but I kind of thought he would jump at a bigger job and stay where he was, but I think this is a great hire, and he will really do well there. 

I remember seeing that last year and dying watching it lol

7 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Board of Regents meeting on a Sunday after Thanksgiving means somebody's venting to the press about it. We're way too big to do anything quiet like that.

EDIT: Also conservatively a third of the board is pissed we're paying 7 figures for a football coach much less 8.

Tbh $6 million a year is probably a steal too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I think you guys need to keep Ryan Day forever now. Or at least long enough for Fickell to rebuild us lol.

It’s going to really suck when he rebuilds Wisconsin to a meat and potatoes Road grater again and then OSU fires Day in 2026-2027 and he takes over…then there will be bad blood between us.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

It’s going to really suck when he rebuilds Wisconsin to a meat and potatoes Road grater again and then OSU fires Day in 2026-2027 and he takes over…then there will be bad blood between us.

If Fickell ever leaves Wisconsin, I will stop posting here.

(hehe)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Watch they'll approve it unanimously or with like 1 protest vote. They vote for it because they know the money is worth it with long standing state funding cuts but they hate they need the revenue so they'll pout then vote yes.

Covid hurt them big time, but ironically Football is how you rebuild that deficit that not having it cost you.