Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

And we did it neat with no fuss, no nonsense.

Well managed hire. Now let's see what the staff looks like. I'm interested to see where the Wisconsin connection comes from.

I hope they don't limit his staff and make him have Wisconsin connections but there's plenty out there. Maybe Joe Thomas wants to coach OL? James White wants to coach RB? I'm excited to see it shape up. First thing's first, who is the OC? Hope he doesn't just bring Gino Guidugli along. He's probably fine for QB coach but I want a better OC.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I hope they don't limit his staff and make him have Wisconsin connections but there's plenty out there. Maybe Joe Thomas wants to coach OL? James White wants to coach RB? I'm excited to see it shape up. First thing's first, who is the OC? Hope he doesn't just bring Gino Guidugli along. He's probably fine for QB coach but I want a better OC.

Gino was a UC QB so he’s not quite as much from the Fickell tree as Freeman was who played for him at OSU. I’d expect someone new as the OC. 

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Noting that he's saying goodbye in person. @MWil23 has talked about his character, but there's a sign. Sadly it's pretty normal these days to bounce without saying anything.

This type of thing is a much bigger deal to me now than it was 5 years ago.

If I had a son who was good enough to play football, he can play for Luke Fickell, Pat Fitzgerald, and Tom Allen and be better men for it. From everything I hear about Matt Campbell him too, and I feel that way about Marcus Freeman too.

Knowing Fickell he’s probably bummed someone broke it before 1:00 but I get why the stars had to align on Wisconsin’s end as well. Have to get it finalized and him locked up.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Noting that he's saying goodbye in person. @MWil23 has talked about his character, but there's a sign. Sadly it's pretty normal these days to bounce without saying anything.

This type of thing is a much bigger deal to me now than it was 5 years ago.

Yeah, Fickell is as high quality of a person that you're going to find in coaching. I'm absolutely over the moon right now.

• Like 3

His players whereever he’s gone all have liked the guy. He’s an unusual balance these days of being both respected and liked. No offense, but I kind of thought he would jump at a bigger job and stay where he was, but I think this is a great hire, and he will really do well there. 

Edited by NateDawg

Just now, NateDawg said:

https://twitter.com/GoBearcatsFB/status/1359879933753888771?s=20&t=JXpOpYZxqVtBde7KJh6Y6A

His players whereever he’s gone all have liked the guy. He’s an unusual balance these days of being both respected and liked. No offense, but I kind of thought he would jump at a bigger job and stay where he was, but I think this is a great hire, and he will really do well there. 

Easily the greatest prank ever and the one with his wife at the end was classic.

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If I had a son who was good enough to play football, he can play for Luke Fickell, Pat Fitzgerald, and Tom Allen and be better men for it. From everything I hear about Matt Campbell him too, and I feel that way about Marcus Freeman too.

Knowing Fickell he’s probably bummed someone broke it before 1:00 but I get why the stars had to align on Wisconsin’s end as well. Have to get it finalized and him locked up.

Board of Regents meeting on a Sunday after Thanksgiving means somebody's venting to the press about it. We're way too big to do anything quiet like that.

EDIT: Also conservatively a third of the board is pissed we're paying 7 figures for a football coach much less 8.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 2