Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

On 4/16/2023 at 12:10 PM, beekay414 said:

Donovan Harbour is announcing on Tuesday and a lot of people believe it's going to be Penn State. McNamara just put up his Badgers commitment signal (James Gandolfini smoking a stogie with a smile) so one can only hope... 

Penn State it is 

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

According to Jesse Temple, neither have committable offers from the new staff. That's.... questionable evaluating there. Especially Smith, I'd go as far as to say he's worthy of a similar tier as a HS prospect that MGIII was.

Where'd you see that?

EDIT - NVM, I'm ready the Mailbag now. I'm assuming this is where you saw it...

Edited by beekay414

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Where'd you see that?

The Athletic. Was a mailbag question from multiple fans, why we're potentially losing 50% of the top 6 players in the state to Penn State. 

I'm more than pleased with Fickell, but if it is true, I'm worried that's not going to sit well with the greater Milwaukee area coaches when you have two local kids that talented. 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The Athletic. Was a mailbag question from multiple fans, why we're potentially losing 50% of the top 6 players in the state to Penn State. 

I'm more than pleased with Fickell, but if it is true, I'm worried that's not going to sit well with the greater Milwaukee area coaches when you have two local kids that talented. 

I'm reading it now. I don't think you can take much away from it tbqh. They may not have been gung-ho about playing for Wisconsin on their end either. They still landed Jensen from Arrowhead and are probably going to land Roy from Mukwonago so I don't think there will be a problem with Milwaukee area coaches.

On 5/2/2023 at 8:26 PM, incognito_man said:

How's the outlook right now for this team?

Hard to say tbqh. Luke Fickell is a top 10 college football coach but it's an entirely new offensive system and we're breaking in a **** ton of new guys. PR said the spring game looked awful offensively. Defensively I think we're going to be filthy. Fickell's going to take pride on that end. We've got the schedule to make a push immediately. Would not shock me if we're undefeated going into the Ohio State game nor would it surprise me if we drop a few stinkers due to growing pains. Either way, it'll be a lot more fun to watch than whatever the hell Paul Chryst tried to do in the more recent years. Talk about making me hate Saturdays lol.