Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

34 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Rumor has it he's going to UCLA because he wants to play in Los Angeles. Apparently just took an unofficial visit there (paid his own way) and isn't going to get any NIL money. Sounds like a hasty 18 year old decision but we'll see if there's any truth to that rumor or not.

To be fair to the kid, UCLA has incredible campus and is a very good school.

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

To be fair to the kid, UCLA has incredible campus and is a very good school.

For sure, don't blame him one bit if that's the case. I know I've done dumber **** in haste than choose one good school over another.

Think that really just leaves Xavier Lucas as the only recruit we're currently waiting on for this class. I'm sure there might be some flips one way or another. Outside of not getting Sexton or White in state ( think they're better takes than the RBs and OTs we got) pretty damn solid first class. Love that DBs actually will start considering us after Cincy put a bunch in the league.

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

White in state

Assuming you meant Smith, since White's on campus ;-).

My reasoning for why I think Dilin Jones is better than Smith is that he's much more deliberate in his cuts while being plenty shifty himself and has a much more prototypical #1 ballcarrier build. Smith is razor thin and almost overly emphatic in his cuts while Jones just puts his foot in the dirt and gets to where he needs to be immediately. Smith is quicker to top gear and has another gear that Jones likely doesn't have but I think Jones is probably a better fit for what Fickell looks for at RB. He's not a hulking RB but his build just looks more prototypical.  

Dupree really doesn't impress me much but I don't think there's any reason he can't be a Corey Clement level of back at UW.