Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

First time I've seen it balanced and look easy. Now if we could get some speed crossing the field instead of lumbering TEs, we may have something there.

Yeah this quarter needs to be about getting another 10-15 good offensive plays on tape.

Run blocking was there finally, let's see Mordecai step into a few now.

6 minutes ago, packerstk7 said:

As bad as this season has been, we do seem to make adjustments in game this season. 

And for the argument: both sides are right. The talent is crap and most of that is on PC. However, if this coaching staff is the answer it should still be doing more with that talent than it appears they’re doing.

This. I can’t believe all this bickering lol. I think at the end of the day most of us would be on same page:

-PC’s time was up. Had to move on.

-Fickell era is off to a relatively disappointing start, but you don’t make any serious judgements about a new regime 3 games into year 1.

• Like 1

Just now, packerstk7 said:

I don’t know if anyone is calling for Fickell’s head though or to actually be on the hot seat. All I see is questioning.

What's there to question? It's year one, game three of a new staff that is completely changing how things are done. That's my point. If we get to year two and they've got two recruiting classes and two transfer classes in and more guys that fit what they want and they still have this issue, start questioning. 2 and a half games in? Yeah, sit down and grab a Snickers. 

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

What's there to question? It's year one, game three of a new staff that is completely changing how things are done. That's my point. If we get to year two and they've got two recruiting classes and two transfer classes in and more guys that fit what they want and they still have this issue, start questioning. 2 and a half games in? Yeah, sit down and grab a Snickers. 

I don’t know this seems like a bit of a strawman. The only thing I’m questioning is why it doesn’t look a bit better. I’m not questioning if Fickell should be the coach. He should get through the end of next season for sure.

I’ll just ask one question: is this how you thought the team would look through 3 games this year? 

Edited by packerstk7

I don’t know this seems like a bit of a strawman. The only thing I’m questioning is why it doesn’t look a bit better. I’m not questioning if Fickell should be the coach. He should get through the end of next season for sure.

I've explained why it doesn't look a "bit better" yet. It's game three, year one and an entirely new system with talent that doesn't necessarily fit that system. Nothing strawman about that.

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I've explained why it doesn't look a "bit better" yet. It's game three, year one and an entirely new system with talent that doesn't necessarily fit that system. Nothing strawman about that.

Fair enough I guess. And I don’t disagree with your point that Chryst messed the program up or that he’s mostly to blame for what we’re seeing this year. But I don’t think the current coaching staff is 100% clean of the product on the field this season. 

• Like 1

Fair enough I guess. And I don’t disagree with your point that Chryst messed the program up or that he’s mostly to blame for what we’re seeing this year. But I don’t think the current coaching staff is 100% clean of the product on the field this season. 

Sure, I'm not absolving them fully. LIS to PR, Longo very well may suck. Tressel may very well be a Go5 coordinator. I'm just looking at it through the lens it should be looked through.