Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yeah after a run and an out to a ******* FB.

Fair point, the playcalling sucks. But he still missed a wide open WR on a designed pass play. Saying he isn't getting opportunities that Coan has been is flat out false. One QB is playing better, and it isn't Mertz.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

It was a window throw lol

But yeah, you're right. The offensive playcalling has been flawless and it's all Mertz.

Noone has said that. I have been very open about my hate for Chryst but right now Mertz is an equal part of the problem as the playcalling. 

2 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Noone has said that. I have been very open about my hate for Chryst but right now Mertz is an equal part of the problem as the playcalling. 

Playcalling is more to blame. You can't continuously put Mertz in the obvious passing situations and expect him to succeed. The few times we've gone off schedule with throws, he's got the majority of his passing yards. Why is that?

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Quote me where I said that. ND is airing it out constantly. We aren't.

I've said over and over they both suck, and you won't let it go dude.

And ND had a QB who is allowing them to air it out. WI doesn't have that opportunity with Mertz right now. 

All I said was I miss Coan right now. You said they were the same. That's clearly incorrect, and not based on one team's playcalling vs. the other. One QB is clearly out playing the other, and it so happens he used to be the former QB for WI. Right now it looks like WI made a bad decision going Mertz over Coan.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Playcalling is more to blame. You can't continuously put Mertz in the obvious passing situations and expect him to succeed. The few times we've gone off schedule with throws, he's got the majority of his passing yards. Why is that?

Dude, Mertz is totally equal in blame. He looks like it's his first time playing football any time he's pressured. The last time I've seen a QB with as bad of happy feet and dropping eyes under any sort of pressure was Brian Brohm in preseason.

He's completely and entirely broken. Chryst needs to decide if he wants to try and revive him and play Wolf, or just let him deteriorate into the abyss, have him transfer out and see what you have in Deacon Hill next year.