Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Should probably #LockeTheThread lol

beekay414

Nah, y'all are right. Let's leave the staff in place. Let's ignore that they didn't do their jobs either and just put it off as one man losing his fire. I'm sure that's all it was. I'm sure we'll be fine as a program.

Oh and btw, Logan Brown was the backup RT. Lest we forget that Mahlman got hurt?

12 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

But you criticized Chryst for every other reason in existence except his love of football. Eventually, the results got bad and he got fired, but that's you pretending the reasons were identical when they weren't.

I criticized his playcalling for years. If you want to attribute that to "lost love of football" that's on you. It's wrong, but sure, blame it on that. 

Nah, nvm. Let's just keep doing things the same Wisconsin way. Maybe, eventually, one of these walk-ons and 3*s that we pride ourselves on development will be able to cover a WR. 

Sorry for not being content with the way we do things. You either adapt or you get left behind. I'm not asking to win national titles or even B1G titles. I'm simply asking to have a program that, when we play a team that out talents us, we can actually have hope of pulling off the upset, not laughing at the comedy of ease for the other team or the errors of ours. 

That's the Chryst stink I refer to. Wash that filth off and make Saturdays enjoyable again. 

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:
20 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

But you are throwing away valuable institutional knowledge

Care to elaborate?

Sure, it's any of the hundreds of thousands of little things that are the difference between things going smoothly and poorly.

Institutional knowledge is having a recruiting coordinator who has personally met professors from every single department, so that when a recruit comes they aren't meeting with the stuck up, football hating Dean, they're meeting with the one who's personable, and funny, and a football fan and will help actually answer questions. It's the difference between knowing the Old Fashioned has really famous cheese curds that you'll have to wait in line for, and knowing that the ones at the Tipsy Cow are just as good (pretty much) with no wait. Little things like that add up.

It's a training staff that knows the specific workouts that people who graduated early did and passing those on. It's a support/academic advisory staff that knows how to get athletes in classes with good professors who aren't going to go on tirades about how half the class needs to get a C or worse.

The UW is a massive system that is easy to get lost in if you don't know where to go. That's what you lose when you axe everybody.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Nah, nvm. Let's just keep doing things the same Wisconsin way. Maybe, eventually, one of these walk-ons and 3*s that we pride ourselves on development will be able to cover a WR. 

Sorry for not being content with the way we do things. You either adapt or you get left behind. I'm not asking to win national titles or even B1G titles. I'm simply asking to have a program that, when we play a team that out talents us, we can actually have hope of pulling off the upset, not laughing at the comedy of ease for the other team or the errors of ours. 

That's the Chryst stink I refer to. Wash that filth off and make Saturdays enjoyable again. 

If you woke up from a coma and read your posts you'd think UW and Chryst were just exposed for some decade long cover-up of student athlete felonies on campus or something. Filth, stink? please. You're just being overdramatic. Chryst was a good coach who lost the year-round fire to be at the top of his craft in a cutthroat world of college football. It was time for a replacement and we made that correct decision. The program has no stain, stink or filth to it, that's just ridiculous talk. It needs an infusion of creativity, energy and pizazz, not a gut and rebuild.

It's funny to me that the guy you want to take over this rebuild is just about ready to start getting his senior discount at Marcus Cinema. That's exactly what you want, a gut and rebuild with a 60 year old head coach. If anything Leipold is the outside candidate for exactly what the rest of us are describing, keep the system the same but bring in a new voice. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Sure, it's any of the hundreds of thousands of little things that are the difference between things going smoothly and poorly.

Institutional knowledge is having a recruiting coordinator who has personally met professors from every single department, so that when a recruit comes they aren't meeting with the stuck up, football hating Dean, they're meeting with the one who's personable, and funny, and a football fan and will help actually answer questions. It's the difference between knowing the Old Fashioned has really famous cheese curds that you'll have to wait in line for, and knowing that the ones at the Tipsy Cow are just as good (pretty much) with no wait. Little things like that add up.

It's a training staff that knows the specific workouts that people who graduated early did and passing those on. It's a support/academic advisory staff that knows how to get athletes in classes with good professors who aren't going to go on tirades about how half the class needs to get a C or worse.

The UW is a massive system that is easy to get lost in if you don't know where to go. That's what you lose when you axe everybody.

But the beer list and brandy slush at Old Fashioned is real good. (They’re probably all going to KK anyways).

On 10/22/2022 at 5:23 PM, Pugger said:

Even tho that "TD" call shouldn't effect the finale outcome of this game that was terrible.  It appears only the replay officials couldn't see it.

TD caused the over to hit as well. One of the most nakedly suspicious things I have seen in my entire life watching football.

• Like 1