Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Should probably #LockeTheThread lol

beekay414

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Also, PC played this WSU team much closer than this. "His stink" is a copout. This is a poor effort from Fickell and the entire staff. 

It can be both. 

This is a poor effort from Fickell and the entire staff. 

But this team was very obviously in decline during the last few years of Chryst. Last year's team is more talented than this year's. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

It can be both. 

This is a poor effort from Fickell and the entire staff. 

But this team was very obviously in decline during the last few years of Chryst. Last year's team is more talented than this year's. 

Not going to argue at all, but he could've hit the portal much much harder. This seems like Wisconsin dipping their toes into the big boy water, but deciding they liked it better where they came from. 

We have 4* 5* OL sitting on the bench so we can roll with the same crappy OL that made our team suck last year. It seems like the same "loyalty over talent" Badgers we've always been. 

• Like 1

Just now, packerstk7 said:

I’m not under any illusions that we have been good the last few years at all, but I just expected more of an improvement with the new coaching staff this year.

I could deal with mistakes if we were consistently trying for big plays but we're both inept and boring on offense.

I could deal with a bad defense if we were re-inventing our scheme but for the most part we aren't. We've regressed without explanation.

I'm willing to be patient, but things can't keep tending backwards.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Also, PC played this WSU team much closer than this. "His stink" is a copout. This is a poor effort from Fickell and the entire staff. 

Who recruited the talent on this team? Remind me, please? They were at home and that was a first year Jake Dickert team in his 2nd career game as coach. They were also in year like 7 of the same ****ty slow paced system that grinded the game away to low event football. Not game 2 of a high paced offense or a new defensive system. 

But sure, you've absolved PC often throughout the obvious times so why not do it now.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Not going to argue at all, but he could've hit the portal much much harder. This seems like Wisconsin dipping their toes into the big boy water, but deciding they liked it better where they came from. 

We have 4* 5* OL sitting on the bench so we can roll with the same crappy OL that made our team suck last year. It seems like the same "loyalty over talent" Badgers we've always been. 

We don't have the luxury of hitting the portal like other schools ffs. Our admissions standards aren't just going to change overnight just because we brought in a high profile head coach. How do you of all people not grasp that? 

And the one thing I've critiqued Fickell on is going with the veterans over the youth. But, there's also the real problem that nobody wants to admit here...there's a chance that the youth weren't developed under the old staff despite their talent because the old staff sucked balls.

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

We're spending big boy money now; we need to be playing big boy football.

It's game 2 of year 1 of Fickell. We'll play big boy football when they loosen academic standards for athletes. Until then, it'll still be a half-in/half-out measure.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

It's game 2 of year 1 of Fickell. We'll play big boy football when they loosen academic standards for athletes. Until then, it'll still be a half-in/half-out measure.

We've got a team full of 4* and 5* OL and are getting outphysical'd in the first half with Buffalo and Wazzu by a coach we are giving massive resources to. It's a massive talent and coaching advantage that isn't showing up on the field. This is not an academic standards problem get out of here with the excuses.

We should be dominating the game on the lines of scrimmage. That's the minimum for a highly paid Wisconsin HC.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 1

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

We've got a team full of 4* and 5* OL and are getting outphysical'd in the first half by Buffalo and Wazzu by a coach we are giving massive resources to. This is not an academic standards problem get out of here with the excuses.

We should be dominating the game on the lines of scrimmage. That's the minimum for a highly paid Wisconsin HC.

What 4* and 5* OL? The 5* OL are on the damn bench. Nelson is a RG/RT playing LT for some god damn reason and Mahlman hasn't really been a problem. It's the other turds that suck. 

And, again, these are PC's kids. So it doesn't matter what resources we're giving our HC. These aren't the kids he chose. 

But you're right. Fickell should be a magician and fix PC's massive glaring issues overnight because he's getting paid more. And I thought I was the one that overreacted ITT ffs.