Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Should probably #LockeTheThread lol

beekay414

1 hour ago, rcon14 said:

In the very little I saw of him, he looked pretty impressive.

On the same day as the OSU scandal breaks where Urban Meyer sheltered a serial domestic abuser, one of our more promising OL players gives up football to become a biomedical engineer.

That's a top notch program at UW if he has the math background. The ChemE and BME programs in particular are among the best in the world.

You know I don't necessarily expect another undefeated regular season, but for the second year in a row we really should go 12-0. There is no game on the schedule where, today, we wouldn't be favored to win.

Schedule got a lot tougher, but we got better and I'd like to think we will at least see something in between Orange Bowl golden god Hornibrook and Iowa Mr. Pick Six Hornibrook throughout the year.

13 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

You know I don't necessarily expect another undefeated regular season, but for the second year in a row we really should go 12-0. There is no game on the schedule where, today, we wouldn't be favored to win.

Schedule got a lot tougher, but we got better and I'd like to think we will at least see something in between Orange Bowl golden god Hornibrook and Iowa Mr. Pick Six Hornibrook throughout the year.

Our secondary scares me for sure, but his offense is going to be so much more balanced. Hornibrook is one key, but having Taylor with a year of pass protection and pass catching out of the backfield means that Chryst won't be handicapped by having to run the ball so frequently when he's in the game. If you have to simultaneously respect our WRs, Jake Ferguson as a receiving TE, and Taylor as a check down option or in the screen game, you can't stack the box. If you can't stack the box against us, you lose.

13 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Spencer Lytle committed 

Really good player. Had a committable Clemson offer, and those cats can evaluate. 

Ideally, when Urban Meyer dies, we get Shaw back. Then Johnson and Benhart sign up and we can stick a bow on this thing. It's all gravy, but why not get a little greedy?

• Like 1

On 8/2/2018 at 11:37 AM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

On the same day as the OSU scandal breaks where Urban Meyer sheltered a serial domestic abuser, one of our more promising OL players gives up football to become a biomedical engineer.

That's a top notch program at UW if he has the math background. The ChemE and BME programs in particular are among the best in the world.

Between this and the Maryland story, it really is nice to be a Badger fan. Makes you appreciate Chryst. Not going to rule out the possibility we're cheating in some way (because that's impossible to say with any competent CFB program), but from everything I've heard about PC from those that cover the program, he seems to at least be a decent, boring human being. Which is incredibly rare for someone heading an upper-tier college football program.

21 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Between this and the Maryland story, it really is nice to be a Badger fan. Makes you appreciate Chryst. Not going to rule out the possibility we're cheating in some way (because that's impossible to say with any competent CFB program), but from everything I've heard about PC from those that cover the program, he seems to at least be a decent, boring human being. Which is incredibly rare for someone heading an upper-tier college football program.

Yeah, and I think it goes all the way up to Alvarez. I really would be shocked, and crushed, if I ever found out Wisky was running a dirty program. Maybe it's not squeaky clean, but relatively speaking? I really believe it is. Between the lack of known incidents, the amount of money Wisconsin pours into other non-profiting sports, the fact that unlike literally every other power conference school they don't completely bend their academic standards for recruit, and the fact that Wisconsin has by far the best success to recruiting class ranking ratio going as far back as you can, I just don't think there has been shady business with Alvarez in charge.

13 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Yeah, and I think it goes all the way up to Alvarez. I really would be shocked, and crushed, if I ever found out Wisky was running a dirty program. Maybe it's not squeaky clean, but relatively speaking? I really believe it is. Between the lack of known incidents, the amount of money Wisconsin pours into other non-profiting sports, the fact that unlike literally every other power conference school they don't completely bend their academic standards for recruit, and the fact that Wisconsin has by far the best success to recruiting class ranking ratio going as far back as you can, I just don't think there has been shady business with Alvarez in charge.

We're not 100% squeaky clean. I wasn't close with that many players, but there were a few who I know got free drinks/food, which is basically what ended up getting Jim Tressel fired (well, the cover up was what really buried him, but still).

But look at how our school handled the Dom Cizauskas situation compared to how OSU handled the Zach Smith situation. He gets accused, an investigation is opened, and in the interim he is immediately not considered part of the class, then was barred from any UW campus for life. Don't pass go, don't collect $200, gone. Based on how his career has gone since then, he probably gets meaningful playing time for us based exclusively on football ability, but we made it clear that wasn't the important thing.

• Like 1