Gameday Thread: 49ers (5-0) vs. Redskins (1-5)

MikeT14

Just now, turtle28 said:

It means that the offensive game plan is Callahan’s and O’Connell is calling the plays. It’s pretty clear it’s Callhan’s game plan with how much he changed it to a run first offense and preceded to blame Jay for everything and take little responsibility meanwhile Callahan has been our assistant HC, OL coach and run game game coordinator since 2015.

Exactly. He’s a prisoner of the game plan. 

• Like 1

Just now, turtle28 said:

So, what are we 3rd?

Perfect position for Jeudy or Young 

As of right now, yes.

However, the Jets will likely leapfrog Washington once the bye weeks stabilize (Washington currently has a 0.566 SOS to the Jets' 0.457).

BTW, if you're looking for two teams to root against for the rest of the season: San Francisco and Carolina. Those two are doing a number in propping up Washington's SOS (10-2 between the two of them). They play each other next week, so there's not much ground to be gained there, but afterwards, you really want to see them go into a tailspin.

Another team to root against: Buffalo.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Fans can say what they want but this is worse than Zorn. The GM is atrocious and has zero chance of being fired. 

This is true, but let’s remember in 09 that none of us thought Dan would actually Fire Vinny also.

And, on top of that, let’s not forget that in 09 we had all kinds of serious injuries which was part of the reason that season got derailed.

This year’s suckfest had nothing to do with injuries.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

It means that the offensive game plan is Callahan’s and O’Connell is calling the plays. It’s pretty clear it’s Callhan’s game plan with how much he changed it to a run first offense and preceded to blame Jay for everything and take little responsibility meanwhile Callahan has been our assistant HC, OL coach and run game game coordinator since 2015.

The run game is actaully working though under Callahan, so I'm not upset about that. My question is can O'connell use the run game to set up the passing game? They threw only 12 times today even as the rain slowed down!. O'Connell has to have some play actions calls in there or something to follow the positive stamp Callahan has enforced by saying they need to run 1st. As I said that Sims toss play is getting old. 

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

13 pages in a gameday thread. Riveting.

Nasty game, horrible play on both sides of the ball, miscues everywhere, fanbase doesn't care anymore (there's no hope to be had) ... are you surprised?

Also, keep in mind, most of the forums here have 15-20 page GDTs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

The run game is actaully working though under Callahan, so I'm not upset about that. My question is can O'connell use the run game to set up the passing game? They threw only 12 times today even as the rain slowed down!. O'Connell has to have some play actions calls in there or something to follow the positive stamp Callahan has enforced by saying they need to run 1st. As I said that Sims toss play is getting old. 

That’s all Callahan. Callahan decided they would run ball control today, not KOc.

5 minutes ago, Woz said:

As of right now, yes.

However, the Jets will likely leapfrog Washington once the bye weeks stabilize (Washington currently has a 0.566 SOS to the Jets' 0.457).

BTW, if you're looking for two teams to root against for the rest of the season: San Francisco and Carolina. Those two are doing a number in propping up Washington's SOS (10-2 between the two of them). They play each other next week, so there's not much ground to be gained there, but afterwards, you really want to see them go into a tailspin.

Another team to root against: Buffalo.

The Jets appear to be better with Darnold so there’s a chance. 

• Like 1