BDL 2019 Week 7 - Lancaster Werewolves @ Rome Eternals

Whicker

Lancaster Werewolves @ Rome Eternals  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Lancaster Werewolves
    • Rome Eternals

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/24/2019 at 04:00 AM

BDL 2019 Week 7

Match:  Lancaster Werewolves @ Rome Eternals

Away Owner: @rackcs

Home Owner: @bcb1213

Vote for who you think will win this game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Lancaster Werewolves

QB: Philip Rivers
RB: Ronald Jones II
WR1: Odell Beckham Jr.
WR2: Mike Evans
WR3: Willie Snead IV
TE: George Kittle
LT: Taylor Lewan
LG: Quenton Nelson (Q)
C: Frank Ragnow
RG: Cody Whitehair
RT: Lane Johnson

QB2: Baker Mayfield
RB2: Royce Freeman
RB3: Miles Sanders
WR4: Dante Pettis
WR5: Josh Reynolds
TE2: Jonnu Smith
OL: Alex Lewis
OL: Nick Martin

DE: T.J. Watt
DT: Kenny Clark (Q)
DT: Ndamukong Suh
DE: Joey Bosa
WLB: Kwon Alexander
MLB: Bobby Wagner
CB1: Jalen Ramsey
CB2: Jaire Alexander
SCB: James Bradberry
FS: Eddie Jackson
SS: Vonn Bell

DE: Adrian Clayborn
INT: Andrew Billings
INT: Christian Wilkins
LB: Anthony Barr
CB: Kevin King
CB: Brian Poole
CB: DJ Hayden
S: Xavier Woods

Rome Eternals

QB Teddy Bridgewater

RB Todd Gurley 

WR Amari Cooper

WR Juju Smith Schuster 

H back Cameron Brae 

TE OJ Howard 

LT Tyron Smith 

LG Richie Incognito 

C Brandon Linder 

RG Ted Karras

RT Ryan Ramczyk

WR Julian Edelman 

WR Marquise Goodwin 

WR Demaryius Thomas 

OL Braden Smith 

RB Phillip Lindsey 

RB Marlon Mack

OL Greg Robinson

QB Mitch Trubisky 

DE. Dante Fowler Jr

UT Gerald McCoy 

NT Michael Brockers 

DE Marcus Davenport

LB Jordan Hicks 

LB Leighton Vander Esch

CB Marlon Humphrey 

CB Prince Amukamara 

CB Nickel Robley Coleman 

S Ray'sHawn Jenkins 

S Tre Boston 

Edge Takk McKinley   

Edge Ziggy Ansah 

INT Matt Ionnidis

Int Dalvin Tomlinson 

LB Neville Hewitt 

CB Janoris Jenkins

CB Nate Hairston 

S Jarrod Wilson 

Lancaster Offensive Strategy: We want to attack Rome through the air this game. They have solid but not unbeatable CBs so we feel we will have success there. We want to attack them at all levels of the field and spread the ball around.

The Passing Strategy: We feel like we’ll have some favorable matchups in the passing game and we’re looking to spread the ball around. We’ll be experimenting around with different formations and such going 4 WR at some points, splitting Kittle out wide, and even utilizing our RBs in the passing game both from the backfield and by splitting them out wide as well. We essentially want to keep the Rome secondary guessing and unable to keep up with all of the weapons Rivers will have at his disposal. We especially want to mix in some deep shots to test Rome’s safeties (or safety since he has been running a lot of single safety stuff lately).

The Running Strategy: Alvin Kamara is out but we love our stable of RBs behind him. None of them can shoulder the load like Kamara could but are great for a RB by committee approach. Ronald Jones will be getting the start and the most overall carries. He’s been great this year so far and has the added bonus of being an asset in the passing game. Freeman is a strong runner as well and Miles Sanders will be mostly used as a receiving threat but will get a couple of carries as well. Overall we want to run at Rome’s DEs since that’s where we feel we can have the most success.

Lancaster Defensive Strategy: Our goal is to put tons of pressure on Bridgewater while playing getting physical in coverage with the opposing receivers. By doing this we think we can stop Rome’s offense from getting into any kind of rhythm and keep them from putting points on the board.

The Pass Defense Strategy: Rome has some flexibility in how they’re going to come out on offense. We’re going to go with our base 4-2-5 man coverage defense to if they run a 3-WR, 1-TE offense. If they come out with 4 WRs then we’ll be taking off Kwon Alexander and bringing on Kevin King. No matter what their or our formation is, we plan on playing the same way. We want our CBs to be physical at the line of scrimmage to disrupt the timing of the offense. We want the opposing receivers’ routes to be off from the start of the play. This plays into how we want to pressure Bridgewater. We think with Rome’s OL being a weakness right now that we can get good pressure with just our front 4 with the occasional blitz from a LB. With Rome’s WRs needing a little bit of extra time to get their routes going, that gives our strong pass rush that little extra time it can take to get the sack.

As far as coverage responsibilities go, here’s the breakdown. Ramsey’s “back” is no longer “hurt” and so he’ll be back in full force today. We’re going to have him on Amari Cooper. Jaire Alexander will cover Julian Edelman. James Bradberry will cover Juju. Eddie Jackson will be playing a deep zone. Vonn Bell will be up in the box covering OJ Howard. Kwon Alexander will be playing a shallow zone to disrupt short routes such as crossing routes. Bobby Wagner will be covering their RB out of the backfield. As mentioned before, the LBs will occasionally be blitzing. If Rome comes out with 4 WRs, Kwon Alexander will come off and Kevin King will come on to cover Marquise Goodwin. Without the TE to cover, Bell would stay in the box and take over the shallow zone that Alexander had. Eddie Jackson will be spying to whatever side of the field Goodwin is on with his deep zone.

The Run Defense Strategy: As we’ve said before, Rome’s OL is a particular weak point for them right now we feel that we’ll have the advantage in the trenches. Vonn Bell will be up in the box as well to provide additional run support. Overall Rome’s RBs are solid but not incredible game changers and without a good OL to block for them we think we’ll be able to mostly contain them without committing extra guys to the box beyond what we’ve already said.

Rome Eternals

Motivation 

We just got slapped in the mouth.  We're out for blood

Offense 

Bringing the hammer 

With Tyron Smith back this week, our offensive line returns to the premier unit in BDL. We plan to utilize that strength this week against a team that strangely stays in the nickel a lot the past few weeks 

Now both the edges are outstanding in Lancaster but the middle of that defense leaves a lot tobe desired against the run.  Suh, Clark and especially Alexander struggle against the run game. So we are going to come out in the power I and run inside zones. Dives with some power o sprinkled in. We have three running backs in Gurley Mack and Lindsey who will split reps evenly to wear down on this defensive line. Once they start sneaking into a interior run blitz, we'll hit them with some pitches to the outside 

Once we establish the run we are gonna use play action as a way of getting some extra time for our WR to get open.  An aggressive lb crew can get hit from simple slants and hback to the flat routes off the play action also.

If we get to third and long we are looking at going four wide with Lindsey in the backfield.  He'll generally motion out to see if we can get Wagner one on one which we think we have an advantage.  We will attack the coverage of Kevin King ad nauseum if he's not getting help. In these formations whoever Alexander is on will line up in a slot and run a go route drawing the coverage of the deep safety.  This will allow Edelman Lindsey and Thomas to work the underneath while Juju or Cooper tries to get Ramsey to bite on a double move which he's known to do. 

As a special wrinkle we are gonna trot Mitch out this week for a handful of snaps in a four wide look with Gurley.   We are gonna run the read option off of this and hopefully get some nice qb chunk gains against an overagressive edge. We also have Goodwin in for this formation to run a reverse plus a potential delayed qb draw against a team playing exclusively man with corners having their backs turned 

Tl/dr :  pound the rock, go off play action, attack the defense weaknesses 

Defense

This week we welcome in a likely air raid offense from Lancaster as we luck out with Kamara being ruled out. Thus we are gonna concentrate on stopping a talented receiving corps. 

Luckily we can stick Humphrey on OBJ who he handled to two catches for 20 yards in the Browns Ravens game by constantly being in his face.  Obj even took a punch at him. On the other side we have Amukamra against Evans. Our deep safety first read is to that side of the field to make sure Evans doesn't beat the press quickly.  Nickel gets whoever the third WR is in the slot while Jenkins draws Snead in four wide. LVE gets a test with Kittle this week. Safety will help him over the top if Prince isn't beat quickly.  We also plan on helping with our ends lining up wide when Kittle is on the line it forces him to out step first or chip contact block which slows him down Milano gets the RB if he comes out of the backfield   Tre Boston coverage responsibilities stated above. Jenkins takes his safety in the Box charger role here and will switch off with hicks on RB duties 

Our ends are going to line up wide this week as we welcome them running.  We have brockers line up between LG and C and have Mccoy lineup up over Whitehair This should prevent the line from sliding left without immediate up the gut pressure from Brockers..  We want this because Taylor Lewan has been absolutely horrific this season and we are gonna be sending blitzes with either Jenkins or hickso on the regular up the qb left side.  Fowler will set the edge on the opposite side to prevent any roll outs if Mayfield is today's qb The trick to stopping Rivers is to quite frankly make him move. He's a bit of a statue these days and Mayfield wants to get the ball out quick which we are shutting down with press coverage.  Having Jenkins or hicks be the Blitzer makes the qb read which is doing what while also keeping an extra man in the box with the spread out line. We expect Davenport and our Blitzer to have success on the Lewan side of the ball. If they keep a RB in, congratulations on welcoming a second blitzing player. 

We will occasionally run some cover two and three zone blitzes to keep the offense honest 

If man is getting beat we are gonna drop into cover two zone more often out of nickel base.  The cover two zone requires athletic intelligent linebackers which we have two of 

Tl/dr.
Pressure the qb , trust the corners in press, extra safety normally on Kittle attack Lewan and qb blind side 

Theres a few factors in this game for me. 

#1, I really like the secondary of Lancaster. I dont know that the OL is a weakness for Rome but it's not their biggest strength either. I think WR is their strength but I also think their biggest weakness is QB, especially against the Lancaster secondary. I will say that RB depth is a big strength for Rome when you get passed Gurley. Gurley does nothing for me, he is not the same RB he used to be. He isnt a guy I would continue to tab as a starting RB.

I think RB is the primary weakness for Lancaster with Kamara out.

I can see Teddy having some success through the air but Drew Brees he is not. The Mitch Trubisky subbing part, yeah I'm not a fan, I dont view Mitch as a very good QB and could see him making a poor decision or two.

At the end of the day, it comes down to which passing game i think has more success and I answered that question in my 2nd sentence.

Lancaster 24-16

4 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Theres a few factors in this game for me. 

#1, I really like the secondary of Lancaster. I dont know that the OL is a weakness for Rome but it's not their biggest strength either. I think WR is their strength but I also think their biggest weakness is QB, especially against the Lancaster secondary. I will say that RB depth is a big strength for Rome when you get passed Gurley. Gurley does nothing for me, he is not the same RB he used to be. He isnt a guy I would continue to tab as a starting RB.

I think RB is the primary weakness for Lancaster with Kamara out.

I can see Teddy having some success through the air but Drew Brees he is not. The Mitch Trubisky subbing part, yeah I'm not a fan, I dont view Mitch as a very good QB and could see him making a poor decision or two.

At the end of the day, it comes down to which passing game i think has more success and I answered that question in my 2nd sentence.

Lancaster 24-16

I'm having mitch run read option. Running a reverse and doing a qb draw... I'm confused on what decisions your expecting him to make in the those couple plays 

I'm rotating each RB equally and running a ton 

Two really good trench battles in this one. Both really good OL's, both formidable DL's with Lancaster drawing the edge in my opinion. One thing that I think could be a factor here, is that Rome is asking their deep safety to do double duty on every play, between making sure Mike Evans doesn't shake loose and trying to help LVE with Kittle. LVE got burned for a TD against Goedert this week, and while he's good he's certainly no Kittle. I think this is going to lead to the deep safety having to choose between two guys being open, and with the Lancaster OL giving Rivers time, it could lead to some big plays in a slugfest today. 

I really wish Rome didn't send those frequent blitzes. I think with double coverage on kittle and Evans and humphrey vs ODB, they could have limited Lancaster passing game enough to upser Lancaster. With frequent blitzes, and Kittle presumably in single coverage, it gives Rivers a quick option to hit. LVE is good but he's no Kittle good and I think the TE has a very good game here. I do like Rome rushing attack a lot here, even though I think Suh is still a solid run defender, but the passing game will be an issue against that team. 21-17 Lancaster