MMA Thread | As the UFC Turns

beekay414

1 hour ago, bkobow05 said:

Easily the craziest week in UFC history. So. Much. Insane. ****. Happened.

Maybe this will push the UFC towards more natural weight classes too. That way late replacements won't be so damn difficult to put together.

You think that would have saved this crap storm?

2 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Easily the craziest week in UFC history. So. Much. Insane. ****. Happened.

Maybe this will push the UFC towards more natural weight classes too. That way late replacements won't be so damn difficult to put together.

I've been saying they need a Cruiserweight Division (195) for a while now. The jump between 185-205 is too big. Gusty, Weidman and even Teixeira would flourish in it

2 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I've been saying they need a Cruiserweight Division (195) for a while now. The jump between 185-205 is too big. Gusty, Weidman and even Teixeira would flourish in it

Fighters just need to stop trying to cut to make lower weight classes. Or have something that stops big weight cuts. With heavy weights fighting people 20 pounds heavier i feel little sympathy for fighters to “small” for light heavy weight when they walk around at 205 and above.

4 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

But that wouldnt have fixed this clusterF. I agree the jump is too large though

Just now, eagles101 said:

Fighters just need to stop trying to cut to make lower weight classes. Or have something that stops big weight cuts. With heavy weights fighting people 20 pounds heavier i feel little sympathy for fighters to “small” for light heavy weight when they walk around at 205 and above.

I'm fine with guys like Conor fighting at FW but they have to keep their weight lower throughout camp to do so. Cutting that much weight so quickly isn't safe especially if the athletic commission will keep guys out

10 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

But that wouldnt have fixed this clusterF. I agree the jump is too large though

I think they should focus on having specific PPV (I'll use 225 as example) for specific weightclasses

Romero/Whittaker headlines, why not have the MW title eliminator on the same card, I'll use say Weidman/Rockhold 2 as an example.

Life was better when they used rankings and title eliminator. Non of this highjacking division bull****

12 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'm fine with guys like Conor fighting at FW but they have to keep their weight lower throughout camp to do so. Cutting that much weight so quickly isn't safe especially if the athletic commission will keep guys out

Its the reason i dont like the poind buffer and like the exact weight rule. Pound isnt much but if you cant even cut an extra then you shouldnt be in the divison or even .2 pounds. Idk how you fix people not doing major cuts to get an advantage. 

6 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I think they should focus on having specific PPV (I'll use 225 as example) for specific weightclasses

Romero/Whittaker headlines, why not have the MW title eliminator on the same card, I'll use say Weidman/Rockhold 2 as an example.

Life was better when they used rankings and title eliminator. Non of this highjacking division bull****

You're saying do that so if the headliner falls out then someone else can safely make weight and fight for the belt? How would you decide who of the TE guys gets it though?

1 minute ago, eagles101 said:

Its the reason i dont like the poind buffer and like the exact weight rule. Pound isnt much but if you cant even cut an extra then you shouldnt be in the divison or even .2 pounds. Idk how you fix people not doing major cuts to get an advantage. 

Eliminating the IV has changed that some. It basically made Conor move up didnt it? Also the .2 is nbd to me if it really is just boxers. Technically that isn't part of your weight

Archived