MMA Thread | As the UFC Turns

beekay414

7 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:
8 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

Everyone talking like Khabib isn't just messing around and dominating Al on the feet. Khabib lands 100 shots, Al lands one and Joe goes crazy like Khabib's in trouble

Said this earlier, awful commentating all night 

I think you guys aren't giving Al enough credit. Khabib shot for 4 single legs and missed them. Khabib has gotten almost all of his previous takedowns from the cage (meaning previous fights, not this fight in particular). Al kept going forward to prevent cage grappling. And once Khabib got him to the cage in the 5th, Al went down.

Something's off with Joe today. He had a couple of real awkward post fight interviews. There's the rubbish about Khabib's striking getting exposed, forgetting that he's outstruck Al by like 100 strikes. maybe he couldn't get a decent dealer in NY.

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

I don't think Khabib could beat Ben Askren, let alone GSP. 

Its hilarious because Dana White said Askren was boring and thats why he never signed him. Khabib basically does the same thing lol

Interesting we now have a kind of boxing situation in the LW division, with 3 guys who have claim to a belt. Conor's the lineal champion, Tony won his belt, and now Khabib has his. Will be fun to see how (if) they belts get unified in the next couple of years.

7 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

Something's off with Joe today. He had a couple of real awkward post fight interviews. There's the rubbish about Khabib's striking getting exposed, forgetting that he's outstruck Al by like 100 strikes. maybe he couldn't get a decent dealer in NY.

Khabib leaves his hands down, chin up and is a very amateurish slow striker.

Eddie Alvarez brawling style could give Khabib fits as well. I didn't like the commentating tonight from the beginning but I have same opinion as Rogen on Khabib

I’m gonna give Ragin a ton of credit despite losing handily. Took this fight on short notice and looked ready for 5 rounds. He stuffed a ton of TDs. He looked better than Edson did but with that said it was a 5 rounder compared to 3. Khabib got it done but he doesnt look unbeatable the way he did after 219

1 minute ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Khabib leaves his hands down, chin up and is a very amateurish slow striker.

Eddie Alvarez brawling style could give Khabib fits as well. I didn't like the commentating tonight from the beginning but I have same opinion as Rogen on Khabib

There's apparently this blueprint to beating Khabib, yet no one has managed it so far. I think that's what makes him so exciting. Everyone thinks the next guy is the one to exploit those holes, then a few rounds later they're looking like they just went through a meat grinder.

13 minutes ago, Knowledge said:

Its hilarious because Dana White said Askren was boring and thats why he never signed him. Khabib basically does the same thing lol

It's truly ridiculous. They are trying to push Khabib to the moon but Ben Askren wasn't "good enough" for the UFC. It's beyond dumb.

Just now, Buckrock101 said:

There's apparently this blueprint to beating Khabib, yet no one has managed it so far. I think that's what makes him so exciting. Everyone thinks the next guy is the one to exploit those holes, then a few rounds later they're looking like they just went through a meat grinder.

After watching this fight, I think Tony is that guy. Tony's incredibly difficult to keep on the ground and he's an insane striker. If they can't get GSP for November, they HAVE to book that fight again.

Archived