MMA Thread | As the UFC Turns

beekay414

4 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Hendricks was hanging on for dear life

but I don't think he was actually any where close to going out from the stuff that actually happened to him, I think the ref stopped it because he thought he got caught and was going down, but that didn't actually happen

I don't know how refs are taught to stop fights but if it is when they are about to go out or are out, it was terrible imo

4 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

but I don't think he was actually any where close to going out from the stuff that actually happened to him, I think the ref stopped it because he thought he got caught and was going down, but that didn't actually happen

I don't know how refs are taught to stop fights but if it is when they are about to go out or are out, it was terrible imo

They don't have to be going out to initiate a stoppage....if a fighter is taking unnecessary damage to the point where it's legitimately dangerous....the ref can reasonably stop it.

That perfectly fit Hendrick's situation in that fight.

5 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

They don't have to be going out to initiate a stoppage....if a fighter is taking unnecessary damage to the point where it's legitimately dangerous....the ref can reasonably stop it.

That perfectly fit Hendrick's situation in that fight.

disagree a million percent, I'm pretty confident he stopped it because he thought he got caught and was going out

there have been a million fights with worse damage than that

13 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

disagree a million percent, I'm pretty confident he stopped it because he thought he got caught and was going out

there have been a million fights with worse damage than that

I think the ref saw a guy taking an absolute beating, not defending himself from brutal shots in a legitimate manner, and stopped it.

I don't dislike the stoppage....and the guy who got stopped didn't seem to disagree either.

1 minute ago, Pats#1 said:

I think the ref saw a guy taking an absolute beating, not defending himself from brutal shots in a legitimate manner, and stopped it.

probably not because all that stuff happened before and as soon as the uppercut he thought landed and it looked like he was going down he stopped it

and he was defending himself, that's why he was going for he leg

girls fights are let go all the time worse than that because they aren't big enough punchers to take people out but they get absolute mauled because they are outmatched

and I think you are overestimating how much damage to the head he was taking (I've never seen a ref stop a fight for too much body damage) most of that stuff was missing and he was blocking all the kicks with his arms

no mas on this topic, 3 title fights next!

Archived