Who are the top ten QBs right now?

patriotsheatyan

4 hours ago, MrnastiesNO said:

Interesting because throughout the year he has had the best receiving core and what happened to QB's making the Wr's better. I've watched the Patriots play quite a few times and it isn't his receivers. His ball placement and accuracy has been hot trash this year. The way he is throwing the ball this year if they didn't have the best defense in the league they wouldn't even be a playoff team.

D.Thomas

Sanu

A. Brown

Harry

Elderman

White

Watson

Gordon.

Huh? Thomas never played a down for NE. Brown played in a single game. Harry has mostly missed time and been hurt. Sanu has been hurt. Edelman has been playing hurt. Gordon played in 6 games, then got injured. White is a nice receiving back and Watson is a shell at this point. 

Edelman (shoulder, knee, foot, chest injuries) and Dorsett (concussion) lead the team at WR in snaps. Next is UDFA, rookie Jakobi Meyers. No other receiver is even at 1/3 the snaps. If you’ve been watching, you haven’t been paying attention if you’re going to call this anywhere remotely close to “the best receiving core.”

3 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

What is so different about the Pats on offense this year compared to last besides Gronk?  They gave up a 2nd for Sanu who was a productive WR. Edleman is still there. Harry sucks, butthey traded away Thomas and there other WRs because they were apparently super loaded at WR. 

Brady suddenly doesn't have elite players and now we say everyone is the worst. Last year they won the SB despite him in reality, he had 2 TD 3 INTs in the playoffs. They won the SB by playing dominating defense.

Injuries and regression. 

David Andrews is a great center and missed the entire season. Trent Brown was switched for Isaiah Wynn, who has played decently, but hasn’t been healthy while his backups have been dreadful. Cannon and Mason have regressed, though Thuney has stepped up. 

Gronkowski wasn’t himself last season but he was replaced by trash at the position. Matt LaCosse, Ryan Izzo, and Ben Watson probably wouldn’t see significant snaps on any team, yet 2/3 rotate starting roles here. It’s not as much about losing Gronkowski as much as it is replacing him with nobodies. 

Then Edelman hasn’t been healthy, nursing injuries to his foot, chest, shoulder, and knee. Dorsett was asked to step up and hasn’t while he’s been on the field (concussion). Sanu was decent for a game before getting hurt and disappearing. Gordon regressed before hurting his knee after 6 games. Rookies Jakobi Meyers (UDFA) and N’Keal Harry (been injured and missed most of camp/the season) have been asked to do more than they probably should be. Harry has started to get more snaps in the offense and Meyers seems to be improving but it’s December. 

Michel has also been a big factor in the team’s regression. He was a reliable runner last season and now, in conjunction with the OL’s poor play, he’s been playing pretty poorly. Cincy game withstanding. 

Brady isn’t prime-Brady but this team isn’t what it was last year offensively. There’s been backwards movement virtually everywhere.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t know why this has always been an issue with people. One season is no where near a big enough sample size to base a ranking list off of. And QBs have off seasons due to injuries, offensive line, receivers, terrible OCs, etc. You are not just a Top 10 QB one year, magically not one the year after that, and then all of a sudden a Top 10 QB again (using Ryan as an example). That person was always a Top 10 QB with things completely out of his control. 

If things were based on one season you are basically telling me Lamar is the best QB in the league, Cousins is Top 5-6, Tannehil is Top 8, etc. It’s just no where near accurate. 

How are you going to type this than Remove Rivers from top 10. Rivers has outplayed Brady, by alot. Only issue with Rivers is alot of ints in a handful of games. In 5 games 14 ints and 6 tdsm the other 9 he has 15 tds to 4 ints. As frustrated as i am with the turnovers this year, once i remove the emotions from a let down season, if you are going to include Brady, than Rivers definitely should be there. Considering he has played better than Brady this year and last.

10 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

How are you going to type this than Remove Rivers from top 10. Rivers has outplayed Brady, by alot. Only issue with Rivers is alot of ints in a handful of games. In 5 games 14 ints and 6 tdsm the other 9 he has 15 tds to 4 ints. As frustrated as i am with the turnovers this year, once i remove the emotions from a let down season, if you are going to include Brady, than Rivers definitely should be there. Considering he has played better than Brady this year and last.

Rivers has not played better than Brady. Rivers arm strength is noticeably much worse than years past. He is floating balls causing a ton of INTs. Makes me think age has got him. He can still be a good game manager for sure but he’s not Top 10 anymore. 

Brady has the worst WR core in the league. Bottom 5 Pass Pro. No TE. RBs averaging 3.0 YPC. And McDaniels has been laughable calling plays. Brady is solely moving the chains. You can see his arm strength is actually what it was since 2015. 

Edited by BayRaider

40 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Rivers has not played better than Brady. Rivers arm strength is noticeably much worse than years past. He is floating balls causing a ton of INTs. Makes me think age has got him. He can still be a good game manager for sure but he’s not Top 10 anymore. 

Brady has the worst WR core in the league. Bottom 5 Pass Pro. No TE. RBs averaging 3.0 YPC. And McDaniels has been laughable calling plays. Brady is solely moving the chains. You can see his arm strength is actually what it was since 2015. 

But that’s the thing he really Doesn’t have the worse receiving core in the league lol... He just is a average to below average QB at this point in his career... i mean he’s old as dirt it happens... he still has it mentally but physically it’s over for him... Sanu and Edelman (Individually) are both starters on 90% of NFL rosters and Harry is a first round rookie and was considered top 3 receiver in this class... Brady has had worst receiving cores and found success... he just isn’t what he used to be... 

3 minutes ago, bmorecareful said:

But that’s the thing he really Doesn’t have the worse receiving core in the league lol... He just is a average to below average QB at this point in his career... i mean he’s old as dirt it happens... he still has it mentally but physically it’s over for him... Sanu and Edelman (Individually) are both starters on 90% of NFL rosters and Harry is a first round rookie and was considered top 3 receiver in this class... Brady has had worst receiving cores and found success... he just isn’t what he used to be... 

This is completely false. I bet you have only watched the Ravens vs Patriots and some highlights. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bmorecareful said:

Edelman has been playing through injuries that would probably sideline him if it wouldn’t guarantee an L. Sanu has been with the team for a handful of games and is also playing hurt. Harry missed camp with an injury, came back mid season, and is only now getting snaps while also dealing with a banged up hip. Undrafted rookie FA Jakobi Meyers is the only receiver that’s stayed relatively healthy from the beginning of the season to now.

Why does everyone keep ignoring this when it gets posted, lol. 

Edited by Yin-Yang
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, bmorecareful said:

Brady's supporting cast is terrible. There's no way to sugarcoat it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Brady's supporting cast is terrible. There's no way to sugarcoat it.

So are a lot of QBs. There are a lot of bad teams in football right now . THe Patriots have a WR who is gonna have 100 catches, that is better than a lot of teams And what I see is whenever there is normal little pressure on Brady, hes too old and slow to move and makes it seem like his OL is awful. Hes like a turtle out there how slow he moves.  The Patriots benefited from the weak schedule as well. They play in a division that has 2 of the worst teams in football and got to face a lot of other bad teams. 

8 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

So are a lot of QBs. There are a lot of bad teams in football right now .

And I would say the same in defense of those QBs, what's your point?

9 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

THe Patriots have a WR who is gonna have 100 catches

Edelman will have over 100 catches from sheer volume. No one else has presented themselves as a reliable target.

12 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

And what I see is whenever there is normal little pressure on Brady, hes too old and slow to move and makes it seem like his OL is awful.

Brady's lack of mobility and poor line play are both to blame. From what I've seen, I'd put the onus on the line more than Brady. He's constantly pressured.

14 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

The Patriots benefited from the weak schedule as well. They play in a division that has 2 of the worst teams in football and got to face a lot of other bad teams. 

What does this have to do with his supporting cast?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

You are not watching the games. There is a reason Mike Williams leads all WRS in YPC and its not due to YAC. Rivers arm is not shot on anyway. Any ducks he has thrown has been because of collapsed pockets with no room to plant and throw.  Rivers has clearly outplayed Brady this year and last year. Like i said, outside a few games, Rivers has played well, very well. Yes he has had some horrible ints. But those are singular throws and not entireity of the season. Rivers has a 8.0 ypa with 65% comp. Brady has a 6.7 ypa and 60% comp.

Rivers oline is worse than Bradys, Rivers is on 2nd OC this year, his #1 RB held out, his #1 TE missed multiple games to.

I dont know if either are top 10 this year. But if Brady is, Rivers certainly is and above Brady

18 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

You are not watching the games. There is a reason Mike Williams leads all WRS in YPC and its not due to YAC. Rivers arm is not shot on anyway. Any ducks he has thrown has been because of collapsed pockets with no room to plant and throw.  Rivers has clearly outplayed Brady this year and last year. Like i said, outside a few games, Rivers has played well, very well. Yes he has had some horrible ints. But those are singular throws and not entireity of the season. Rivers has a 8.0 ypa with 65% comp. Brady has a 6.7 ypa and 60% comp.

Rivers oline is worse than Bradys, Rivers is on 2nd OC this year, his #1 RB held out, his #1 TE missed multiple games to.

I dont know if either are top 10 this year. But if Brady is, Rivers certainly is and above Brady

Completely disagree (respectfully) but your mind is made. 

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

Fair enough. 

It comes down to elite QB's make their Wr's better.  Its not that the Wrs aren't getting open because a few weeks ago the Patriots Wrs had the largest margin of separation on completed passes. (Yes they were pick plays lol but it's no different than any other year. The only true difference is Brady is extremely hesitate to throw the ball down there field.

2 hours ago, MrnastiesNO said:

It comes down to elite QB's make their Wr's better.  Its not that the Wrs aren't getting open because a few weeks ago the Patriots Wrs had the largest margin of separation on completed passes. (Yes they were pick plays lol but it's no different than any other year. The only true difference is Brady is extremely hesitate to throw the ball down there field.

Correct. Which again if im gonna pimp Rivers, he is the only QB with 4 players that have over 500 yds receiving. 

Just now, Bearerofnews said:

Correct. Which again if im gonna pimp Rivers, he is the only QB with 4 players that have over 500 yds receiving. 

Keenan Allen is arguably a Top 3-4 WR... Williams is a #2 stud and Henry is on par with the likes of Kittle, Kelce, and Ertz when fully healthy. Brady with this cast, good gameee, lights out.