Players That Should be on the Trade Block

MKnight82

Trent Williams - the most obvious.  He would net the biggest return of any player we could trade.  Bruce likely won't do it.  

WR Paul Richardson - He has no guaranteed money on his contract after this season according to Overthecap.  He's been awful for us but we also have a bad QB situation.  If he could net anything at all ship this guy out of here because he's a guaranteed cut this offseason (he will count $8.5, $10, and $10 mil against our cap the next 3 years if we don't cut him).  Maybe a change of scenery sparks his career.  

HB Wendell Smallwood - When he was cut by the Eagles it was reported multiple teams put in a waiver claim but we won it.  He's on a 1 year deal that expires this offseason.  Any draft pick would be worth more than paying to extend him.  

More controversial but we should probably consider:

Da'Ron Payne - I like Payne and I think he's talented, but the reality is we have a pretty decent replacement for him already on the roster in Tim Settle.  There doesn't appear to be much dropoff when Settle is in the game and Payne could probably net us a pretty high draft pick. 

Brandon Scherff - He's pretty good (imo not elite like some people claim) but he's about to get really expensive.  Like most expensive Guard in the league type expensive.  Is a Guard worth that when we're probably looking at a long rebuild?  It could be argued that a draft pick could help more.  

Landon Collins - He's made little to no impact on the defense and still has some name recognition for now that will probably be destroyed with another poor season or two.  His 2019 cap hit is surprisingly manageable ($3.825 mil) which would fit in with a lot of contenders current cap situations.  Overthecap states we would actually have a cap savings by trading him but I'm  not sure I buy that.  Even if we take dead cap on its not like we need the cap right now anyways.   

Edited by MKnight82

I really can’t think of any players that would be worth trading other than who you mentioned. I’m ok with the players you mentioned except that I wouldn’t want to trade DaRon Payne. Like you said he probably would get us a nice return but he just true high character guy who lives and breathes football. 

50 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Trent Williams - the most obvious.  He would net the biggest return of any player we could trade.  Bruce likely won't do it.  

WR Paul Richardson - He has no guaranteed money on his contract after this season according to Overthecap.  He's been awful for us but we also have a bad QB situation.  If he could net anything at all ship this guy out of here because he's a guaranteed cut this offseason (he will count $8.5, $10, and $10 mil against our cap the next 3 years if we don't cut him).  Maybe a change of scenery sparks his career.  

HB Wendell Smallwood - When he was cut by the Eagles it was reported multiple teams put in a waiver claim but we won it.  He's on a 1 year deal that expires this offseason.  Any draft pick would be worth more than paying to extend him.  

More controversial but we should probably consider:

Da'Ron Payne - I like Payne and I think he's talented, but the reality is we have a pretty decent replacement for him already on the roster in Tim Settle.  There doesn't appear to be much dropoff when Settle is in the game and Payne could probably net us a pretty high draft pick. 

Brandon Scherff - He's pretty good (imo not elite like some people claim) but he's about to get really expensive.  Like most expensive Guard in the league type expensive.  Is a Guard worth that when we're probably looking at a long rebuild?  It could be argued that a draft pick could help more.  

Landon Collins - He's made little to no impact on the defense and still has some name recognition for now that will probably be destroyed with another poor season or two.  His 2019 cap hit is surprisingly manageable ($3.825 mil) which would fit in with a lot of contenders current cap situations.  Overthecap states we would actually have a cap savings by trading him but I'm  not sure I buy that.  Even if we take dead cap on its not like we need the cap right now anyways.   

No way should we trade payne

• Like 4

Other than Trent Williams and Paul Richardson I don't follow.

Payne- You don't get rid of a position of strength

Scherff-So lets rebuild the entire oline?  I don't get the fear of spending money.  Cap space has rarely stopped us from anything.

Collins-His contract is not tradable until after next year, he has 22 million of dead cap still.

I would consider trading Adrian Peterson or Chris Thompson.  Not sure if anyone wants the other guys like Norman.

Who I would really like to trade is Keenum and McCoy.

9 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Other than Trent Williams and Paul Richardson I don't follow.

Payne- You don't get rid of a position of strength

Scherff-So lets rebuild the entire oline?  I don't get the fear of spending money.  Cap space has rarely stopped us from anything.

Collins-His contract is not tradable until after next year, he has 22 million of dead cap still.

I would consider trading Adrian Peterson or Chris Thompson.  Not sure if anyone wants the other guys like Norman.

Who I would really like to trade is Keenum and McCoy.

The bottom 3 we'd have to get the right return to move imo, I wouldn't just dump them for anything.  Regarding the cap hit on Collins, it doesn't really matter we don't need a bunch of cap space next year we won't be competing for anything.