Week 8 non-Viking games

vike daddy

1 hour ago, JDBrocks said:

I wouldn't say nearly lost it. They capitalized on the opportunities they were afforded and had a couple of lucky breaks (Long Kumerow reception and the Williams TD catch on the throwaway). I think that if they were as good as their record and the national media suggests they would have had a more convincing win against a team with 6 of their best starters 

You better beat them convincing next week if not I'll be paying you a visit.

4 minutes ago, since72 said:

Looks like the coaching staff change has been good for Green Bay.  Playing good football on both sides of the ball.  Wish all the Sunday night games were this good.  

What happened to the Bears?

Still not convinced GB is as good as the record indicates, they’ve had a lot of breaks go their way from the Cousins Int, to the refs assisting against Detroit, and the miraculous throw away TD to Williams. 

The Bears drop off isn’t terribly surprising, I didn’t think their success was sustainable unless Trubisky improved dramatically. It’s hard to be elite on defense year over year when you lose your top defensive coaches. 

3 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Chase Daniel is a better and different QB than Trubisky. They prepared for Trubisky. The Bears also have a more dangerous defense than the Chiefs.

The Packers had all week to prepare for Moore and still nearly lost it. 

Well you have say the same about your team that benefited for playing a terrible Haskins you didn't prepare for. Did you prepare for Haskins? Can't have it both ways. I wasn't very impressed with your win over a terrible Washington team that you only put up 19 points against. Case Keenum would've made your win a lot harder.

Edited by St Vince

4 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Well you have say the same about your team that benefited for playing a terrible Haskins you didn't prepare for. Can't have it both ways. I wasn't very impressed with your win over a terrible Washington team that you only put up 19 points against. Case Keenum would've made your win a lot harder.

Big difference in Daniel/Moore being veterans who have been in the league awhile now compared to Haskins who’s clearly not ready to be a professional athlete. 

Thursday games are garbage regardless so I’m concerned that the Vikes has an ugly 10 point win. It seems they were more content on just draining the clock in the second half than scoring and putting the game away. I don’t blame them.

Edited by vikingsrule

3 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Chase Daniel is a better and different QB than Trubisky. They prepared for Trubisky. The Bears also have a more dangerous defense than the Chiefs.

The Packers had all week to prepare for Moore and still nearly lost it. 

You mean that 16 game sample of game tape on Matt Moore?  You have to give credit to Andy Reid.  He had a great scheme, and it worked like wonders for the whole 2nd quarter.

3 hours ago, vike daddy said:

c'mon guys, don't take the troll bait. this is a thread about this week's non-Viking games, not our views on Cousins or a game we played four weeks ago.

stay focused.

You know as well as I do that just because someone isn't a troll simply because they have a difference of opinions.  It's as bad a comparison as the one JDBrock brought up.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You know as well as I do that just because someone isn't a troll simply because they have a difference of opinions.  It's as bad a comparison as the one JDBrock brought up.

oh believe me, i know what makes a troll. but please lets just keep it to football and the Week 8 non-Viking games..

Edited by vike daddy

2 hours ago, since72 said:

What happened to the Bears?

They were never as good as their record indicated.  Last year, the Bears went 12-4, but they were +3 in close wins/losses.  They were a ~10.5 win team that won 12 games.  They were in a division with the Lions and the self-imploding Packers.  Last year, the Vikings just weren't good enough in any facet to push the Bears.  This year, the Bears are 8th at +3 in TO differential, where as last year they were 3rd at +12.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Big difference in Daniel/Moore being veterans who have been in the league awhile now compared to Haskins who’s clearly not ready to be a professional athlete. 

Thursday games are garbage regardless so I’m concerned that the Vikes has an ugly 10 point win. It seems they were more content on just draining the clock in the second half than scoring and putting the game away. I don’t blame them.

You bring that same performance to Arrowhead you'll definitely leave with an L.