Week 8 GDT: Cardinals (3-3-1) vs. Saints (6-1) - To Brees or not to Brees

Canadian Saint

17 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Poor throw, but no reason to have our fullback running deep routes.

I mean, if he’s gonna draw double coverage in zone (One of them being the cards best player) that’s a great reason to run him deep routes 

just don’t throw it lol 

1 minute ago, Dome said:

I mean, if he’s gonna draw double coverage in zone (One of them being the cards best player) that’s a great reason to run him deep routes 

just don’t throw it lol 

Yea, they probably never expected double coverage on a fullback.  Probably a bad decision by the Cardinals that wound up being a great decision.

• Like 1

I’ll say this, I never understood how easy Brees makes it for players to catch balls.  It’s such a soft touch that the WRs must feel like they’re catching toilet paper rolls.  Bridgewater did good, but the WRs hands must’ve stung, it was going so quick.

So in the first half they didn’t stop the clock when Murray ran out because they said his forward progress was stopped, but they gave us the ball where he went out of bounds?

then they messed up the spot foul on Murray’s intentional grounding (announcers brought this up well after the play, they probably had to look up the rule) 

Should’ve been about a 2nd and 27 rather than 2nd and 20

none of that matters in the grand scheme of things, but it’s nice to know the refs still like giving us the business  

Edited by Dome

4 minutes ago, ckoz24 said:

I’ll say this, I never understood how easy Brees makes it for players to catch balls.  It’s such a soft touch that the WRs must feel like they’re catching toilet paper rolls.  Bridgewater did good, but the WRs hands must’ve stung, it was going so quick.

It was pretty clear Teddy was OK throwing heaters that were hard to catch if it meant the ball got there before the defender. 

you could tell teddy was playing “keep the ball out of the defenses hand” primary and “make plays as a passer” second 

• Like 2

Just now, Counselor said:

How’s CGJ  been?

He became the slot  starter when PJ Williams went down. CGJ was already taking more and more snaps away from PJ before he went down with injury.

I don’t think PJ is getting his job back.

They’re probably similar players as far as effectiveness but the attitude CJG brings has been important to our defense. He’s tenacious and a DAWG.

• Like 2