Week 8 GDT: Cardinals (3-3-1) vs. Saints (6-1) - To Brees or not to Brees

Canadian Saint

This Brees guy... here's how good he makes people.

9 different receivers contributed Sunday. 7 of them had multiple receptions.

This Michael Thomas guy... here's how good he is.
He was targeted 11 times Sunday. He caught 100% of his targets.
So far this season on targets and catches:
Week 1 - 10 of 13 for 123yds
Week 2 - 10 of 13 for 89yds (enter Bridgewater)
Week 3 - 5 of 7 for 54yds
Week 4 - 9 of 9 for 95 yds
Week 5 - 11 of 13 for 182yds
Week 6 - 8 of 12 for 89yds
Week 7 - 9 of 11 for 131yds
Week 8 - 11 of 11 for 112yds (the return of Brees)

So 73 catches on 89 targets. That's 82% catch to target ratio.
87.5% under Brees, 80% under Bridgewater. Either way, great numbers.

The only WR with better catch to target ratio is Tyler Lockett with Seattle. He's at an astounding 85%+ and 260 fewer yards.

59 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

This Brees guy... here's how good he makes people.

9 different receivers contributed Sunday. 7 of them had multiple receptions.

This Michael Thomas guy... here's how good he is.
He was targeted 11 times Sunday. He caught 100% of his targets.
So far this season on targets and catches:
Week 1 - 10 of 13 for 123yds
Week 2 - 10 of 13 for 89yds (enter Bridgewater)
Week 3 - 5 of 7 for 54yds
Week 4 - 9 of 9 for 95 yds
Week 5 - 11 of 13 for 182yds
Week 6 - 8 of 12 for 89yds
Week 7 - 9 of 11 for 131yds
Week 8 - 11 of 11 for 112yds (the return of Brees)

So 73 catches on 89 targets. That's 82% catch to target ratio.
87.5% under Brees, 80% under Bridgewater. Either way, great numbers.

The only WR with better catch to target ratio is Tyler Lockett with Seattle. He's at an astounding 85%+ and 260 fewer yards.

Thomas proved the doubters wrong once Brees went down.  Most definitely an elite receiver and not a product of Brees. It should have been obvious, but people gonna find a way to trash a guy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

PJ lost his spot. CGJ looks immense in his role.

He is such a good open field tackler. And the fire he brings to the defense is amazing. I really hope they stick with him for the rest of the season, but even if they don't, he a our starting slot CB for the future.

Edited by JMG5
  • Like 2

This is the first Back-to-back 100+ yards rushing games in Latavius Murray's career.

119 and 102 respectively, and 31 & 55 yards receiving.
So let's +1 that and throw in 4 trips to the endzone for good measure. That's his first time scoring 4 TD's in a 2 game stretch. He did score 3 TD's in 1 game back in 2016.

What a signing!!

4 hours ago, JMG5 said:

He is such a good open field tackler. And the fire he brings to the defense is amazing. I really hope they stick with him for the rest of the season, but even if they don't, he a our starting slot CB for the future.

He shouldn’t have lasted until the 4th round. I took him with pick 43 in a dynasty league. Was very surprised to see him fall in the real draft.

12 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

This is the first Back-to-back 100+ yards rushing games in Latavius Murray's career.

119 and 102 respectively, and 31 & 55 yards receiving.
So let's +1 that and throw in 4 trips to the endzone for good measure. That's his first time scoring 4 TD's in a 2 game stretch. He did score 3 TD's in 1 game back in 2016.

What a signing!!

As much as I wanted the Saints to keep Ingram, this looks to have been the perfect signing. Murray is a much better receiver than Ingram was and can be deployed similarly to Kamara. 

Amazing what some guys are capable of with a change of scenery and pieces in place to promote success.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SWATcha said:

As much as I wanted the Saints to keep Ingram, this looks to have been the perfect signing. Murray is a much better receiver than Ingram was and can be deployed similarly to Kamara. 

Amazing what some guys are capable of with a change of scenery and pieces in place to promote success.

Look at Eli Apple.  Was a bust with the Giants and has been living up to being a 1st round pick, though not the 9th overall.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Raves said:

Look at Eli Apple.  Was a bust with the Giants and has been living up to being a 1st round pick, though not the 9th overall.

Apple didn't get a bye week last season. Was injured weeks 3 & 4, and still played really well. This offseason, he clearly gelled with Lattimore.

This Lattimore Apple tandem is as strong as it gets, in my opinion. Lattimore had his sophomore slump, and is playing really well this season opposite Apple.

4 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

Apple didn't get a bye week last season. Was injured weeks 3 & 4, and still played really well. This offseason, he clearly gelled with Lattimore.

This Lattimore Apple tandem is as strong as it gets, in my opinion. Lattimore had his sophomore slump, and is playing really well this season opposite Apple.

Well Lattimore and Apple were both starters together at Ohio State too so they had the experience playing together.  Actually I think we might have the starting OSU secondary from one year outside of Malik Hooker who we have Marcus Williams instead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

It took us so long to finally figure out our secondary. We have to keep it together going forward.

Vonn and Apple NEED to be resigned.

• Like 1