JJ Watt likely done for year

WizardHawk

18 minutes ago, aussie_eagle said:

Torn pectoral? I swear NFL is the only sport where I hear that injury. Are they doing too much bench press?

have these types of injuries been more common in this era where practices/training camps  aren't the way they were 20-30 years ago?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aussie_eagle said:

Torn pectoral? I swear NFL is the only sport where I hear that injury. Are they doing too much bench press?

Mate...

"The NRL's injury surveillance report showed there were 10 pectoral injuries in 2017 and nine in 2018. From that 19, five were in pre-season training "

Roooostahs

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Trade for Leo Williams now.

If we had picks to trade, I'd be all in on on this.

We have a 2nd next season... maybe a 3rd in 2021? Keke Coutee might be available? I doubt McKinney or Cunningham can be had, and I don't want to give up Dylan Cole... but Dylan Cole? Kahale Warring? You want Kahale Warring? 

That's about everyone that's available.

25 minutes ago, ET80 said:

If we had picks to trade, I'd be all in on on this.

We have a 2nd next season... maybe a 3rd in 2021? Keke Coutee might be available? I doubt McKinney or Cunningham can be had, and I don't want to give up Dylan Cole... but Dylan Cole? Kahale Warring? You want Kahale Warring? 

That's about everyone that's available.

We only I think trade for a player is its an OL, WR or Edge

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We only I think trade for a player is its an OL, WR or Edge

Coutee? Has size to play the outside, skill to work the slot. Has a bunch of random injuries at times, but is actually a pretty good WR when he's out there. Set the NFL rookie record for receptions in his first game with 11/109 his rookie season, had a 10+ catch day in the playoff loss to the Colts.

Has some upside, but he's been passed up by Kenny Stills on the DC...

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Coutee? Has size to play the outside, skill to work the slot. Has a bunch of random injuries at times, but is actually a pretty good WR when he's out there. Set the NFL rookie record for receptions in his first game with 11/109 his rookie season, had a 10+ catch day in the playoff loss to the Colts.

Has some upside, but he's been passed up by Kenny Stills on the DC...

Very well could be an option for us. I think we'd need more though than just a Leo for Coutee swap

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Very well could be an option for us. I think we'd need more though than just a Leo for Coutee swap

We'd have to drop in picks, I can guarantee that. But this would be a start I could get behind.

I really think we're going to start seeing more and more players retire in their "prime" if they have a history of significant injuries. It wouldn't surprise me if Watt calls it quits soon. Guy has been through A LOT.

With more and more openings for former players at places like Fox, CBS, ESPN, NFL Network, NBC, etc., these players can retire before their bodies are destroyed and still be around the game and make a decent chunk of change broadcasting or being on a pre/post-show.

It's a shame but if these players are coming into the league at 21/22 years old, by the time they're 30, they've played 8-9 years in the league. Man, that's a lot of toll on a body.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228

• 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm pretty certain this is the case. Only way I can see someone get ready THAT quickly.

I'd bet my house that he's clean. He's too wholesome of a player to tarnish his legacy like that. Me thinks the tear was exaggerated and not as bad as it was initially reported. Only plausible thing I can think of.