Ryan Pace's Future

WindyCity

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Key word "may". What if he doesn't?  Right now he's playing pretty darn good football and looks like a fearless vet out there.  Pretty rare to see that from a rookie 6th round pick.  I'm not convinced he's just a flash in the pan.

And I wouldn't say they are a bad team they are probably league average overall, but Minshew's play is definitely keeping them in the mix right now.

I do not want to be the Jags.

11 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I do not want to be the Jags.

We pretty much are the Jags from last year.  Say what you want but I believe that the current Jags are better than us right now.

We are in the same type of situation they were with Bortles, young talented roster with a pretty solid D and some decent play makers on offense with a QB who looks to be going no where because he cannot go through his progressions and anticipate the play.

3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

We pretty much are the Jags from last year.  Say what you want but I believe that the current Jags are better than us right now.

We are in the same type of situation they were with Bortles, young talented roster with a pretty solid D and some decent play makers on offense with a QB who looks to be going no where because he cannot go through his progressions and anticipate the play.

The current Jags are not good enough.

Why would we WANT to follow in their footsteps?

14 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

They got exceptionally lucky at QB.

If we are planning on being exceptionally lucky at QB we should shoot to be the Patriots.

Yes they got lucky but what I am saying is they admitted a mistake (albeit a little too late) and addressed the most important position in football.  They didn't sit on their hands just expecting that a 6th round pick in Minshew would turn out to be this good.  They went out and got DeFilippo as OC and Foles as their #1 QB in addition to drafting Minshew.  They were aggressive in the offseason in improving the offense and it's looking like it worked.

I am saying Bears need to take a page out of this book and try something similar next offseason.

• Like 1

Yes they got lucky but what I am saying is they admitted a mistake (albeit a little too late) and addressed the most important position in football.  They didn't sit on their hands just expecting that a 6th round pick in Minshew would turn out to be this good.  They went out and got DeFilippo as OC and Foles as their #1 QB in addition to drafting Minshew.  They were aggressive in the offseason in improving the offense and it's looking like it worked.

I am saying Bears need to take a page out of this book and try something similar next offseason.

They do. Although I would not wait till the 6th round to draft a QB.

3 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I'm a big fan of Flip but this is exactly what needs done. IDC if we have to overpay an OCto do nothing but focus on the QB, get someone who has a track record of QB development and pay the man.

Get a FA to run the system - Foles or Smith, though IDK how they could swing the dead cap from Smith's deal without having us take it on through contractual language somehow

Draft the QB Nagy wants with our first pick, let the kid learn the system from Nagy AND have the OC work with him. Sit on him and let him grow for a year or two.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I'm a big fan of Flip but this is exactly what needs done. IDC if we have to overpay an OCto do nothing but focus on the QB, get someone who has a track record of QB development and pay the man.

Get a FA to run the system - Foles or Smith, though IDK how they could swing the dead cap from Smith's deal without having us take it on through contractual language somehow

Draft the QB Nagy wants with our first pick, let the kid learn the system from Nagy AND have the OC work with him. Sit on him and let him grow for a year or two.

My hope is that somehow Flip becomes available as Jax could look to move on from Marrone after this year but then again they could legitimately just promote Flip to HC based on what he's been able to do with Minshew and to keep that continuity going on offense. We'll see. A lot of moving parts between now and then.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

My hope is that somehow Flip becomes available as Jax could look to move on from Marrone after this year but then again they could legitimately just promote Flip to HC based on what he's been able to do with Minshew and to keep that continuity going on offense. We'll see. A lot of moving parts between now and then.

Yeah, while I think with Flip Tru is further along but that may just be personal bias more than anything, I'd love to have him be the guy to come in and overhaul the new QBs, he has had success with Foles previously and with Pederson coming from the Reid tree there should be an overlap in what he has had in Pederson's offense to Nagy's. If we stay course with HH at the OL and Helfrich at OC I'll honestly be a bit discouraged. Helfrich might not be given enough responsibility her or something, IDK, but he hasn't added anything that has helped Tru from what I have seen. So really I just want someone to focus on the QBs' growth.

15 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

You think Nagy is hiring a legit OC?

I highly doubt he is going to admit that much failure and give up on his offense. We will see multiple QB changes before we see that.

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

You think Nagy is hiring a legit OC?

I highly doubt he is going to admit that much failure and give up on his offense. We will see multiple QB changes before we see that.

Flip comes from the Pederson/Reid tree of coaching. Fits the offense more than Helfrich does. 

Nagy may not have much of a choice because if they don't get things fixed in a hurry then he could be gone. Do you think he is that stubborn?

Flip comes from the Pederson/Reid tree of coaching. Fits the offense more than Helfrich does. 

Nagy may not have much of a choice because if they don't get things fixed in a hurry then he could be gone. Do you think he is that stubborn?

100% I think he is that arrogant and stubborn.

If anything he has shown he refuses to change and adapt.

0 Chance he hires a real OC and gives up play calling.

14 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

100% I think he is that arrogant and stubborn.

If anything he has shown he refuses to change and adapt.

0 Chance he hires a real OC and gives up play calling.

I doubt it. He would rather keep his job as HC of the Bears than to be a QB coach of another team for a fifth of the salary. 

He showed he's willing to adapt against the Chargers.

• Like 1