Prequel to World War III Mafia: Night 5 (Send Yerr PMs!)

SwAg

6 minutes ago, Dome said:

@Malfatron

if he overrides everyone regardless, he’d know it was a roleblock. He wouldn’t have phrased it as “ending night early” and specifically deny having a roleblock.

This feels like you’re looking for an out for him.

because i think hes telling the truth

do you think mafia hit matts?

i think thats the only way forge can be scum.

he would have had to

1. claim his move in the day

2. block all town

3. hit matts

4. know that people would question him about his move because 1 slipped through

i think the unstoppable hitman forcer makes way more sense. 

Edited by Malfatron

Just now, Dome said:

I know you can’t quote your role specifically, but you seemed quite sure your move wasn’t a mass roleblock. 

the phrase “ends night early” I’m assuming is a paraphrase, or at the very least came with a bit more of a description than that?

If you want to know the truth, I didn't ask about the specifics of my ability because I thought it functioned similar to Dingo's in Gopher's World, so yes, I would have assumed that it was a mass roleblock of everyone (not just town, which is what I was rebelling against earlier). Obviously I thought that, otherwise I wouldn't have forewarned town not to use X shot abilities. That does not appear to be the case, and I can't explain that unless one of the theories I mentioned earlier was correct. 

It says "end night early". Maybe my bad for not getting specifics, but I didn't think I needed them to be honest. 

Just now, Malfatron said:

because i think hes telling the truth

If he’s telling the truth, his move ended night early but wasn’t a mass roleblock, then why didn’t my move work? It was in a day before he put his in. 

That’s a roleblock.  Ending night early is a better claim if you’re scum tho, but doesn’t work if someone had a move in before night even started. 

so was there a legit mass roleblocker? And he got his move in before night started? Or does forges move work in a way he specifically said it doesn’t?

do you think mafia hit matts?

not likely. 

But he’s a fine random hit though if they’re just going for someone unlikely to be watched or protected. 

i think thats the only way forge can be scum.

he would have had to

1. claim his move day

2. block all town

3. hit matts

4. know that people would question him about his move because 1 slipped through

i think the unstoppable hitman forcer makes way more sense. 

This is all assuming there is only one scum faction, to be fair.

true, there could be multiple scum teams.

the way that gophers move works feels scummy. the fact that it allows for obfuscation like that.

and yeah, im taking his comment to et80 as evidence that he made et do it. I think he was feeling out whether et80 knew he visited matts or not.

i dont think gopher realized people would figure it out (props to dome for this)

gopher could be town, but even a town with a hit can be detrimental if used incorrectly.

i dont think gopher is a good hanging today because of the potential harm he would cause to scum. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

If you want to know the truth, I didn't ask about the specifics of my ability because I thought it functioned similar to Dingo's in Gopher's World, so yes, I would have assumed that it was a mass roleblock of everyone (not just town, which is what I was rebelling against earlier)

1st bold: If I want the truth? Were you not giving me the truth before?

2nd bold: What?

i asked why you used a mass town roleblock, you said that’s not how your move worked and it just ended night early.

now you’re saying you assumed it was a mass  all along? 

why didnt you say that? You could’ve clarified that it wasn’t a town roleblock, but it was actually just a full mass roleblock.

Instead you said that wasn’t how your move worked and clarified that what your move did was end night early.

But now you’re saying you assumed that your move was a mass roleblock.

that makes no sense at all.

Obviously I thought that, otherwise I wouldn't have forewarned town not to use X shot abilities. That does not appear to be the case, and I can't explain that unless one of the theories I mentioned earlier was correct.

If you’re town, you also warned mafia not to use any x-shot abilities. Kind of a wash. 

It says "end night early". Maybe my bad for not getting specifics, but I didn't think I needed them to be honest. 

You did go into specifics. I asked if you had a town roleblock. You said “that’s not how my move works” but didn’t clarify that it was actually a mass roleblock and instead took us down the rabbit hole of what your move could’ve been 

@Dome

Stop getting lost in verbage - you did this in Marvel when I used the word "admittedly". Makes me think you aren't on the up and up. "if you want the truth" is a turn of phrase and has no bearing or impact on anything said in the past. 

Yes, I assumed when I got the role it was just a mass roleblock, of everyone, but clearly that is not how it works, so it seems disingenuous to now proclaim it a mass role block. I have been rebelling against the idea, posited by Malf that it was a town role block. As in, strictly against town. which would be a highly scummy move, obviously. Pickle I think later picked that up in his theory. That is what I am rebelling against. The idea of a town roleblock is what people were talking about, and that's what I was focusing on and trying to show how that makes no sense. 

My pm states that I call a rally and end night early. That's what it says. 

Again, I'm fighting solely against the notion that what I did was a mass town roleblock.