Make-A-Movie Draft Discussion Thread - Writeups due 12/9

rackcs

2 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

@rackcs so what does the rest of this look like...

How long do we have from the end of the draft until we need to submit something?

IIRC, there's a few extra rounds of free agency for movies with larger casts, then a thread where we post write-up summaries of the project.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I just don't understand how he's not talked about like Leo or other actors today.  Of all the "best actors," Leo is the only one who's actually good.  Clooney?  Damon?  Smith?  And everybody still acts like Pacino and De Niro are still good actors. 

Jared Harris and Gary Oldman in the same movie?  Well technically they were in the same movie once, but it was only Lost in Space.  When I rewatched Lost in Space a couple years ago and saw Oldman and Harris in the same scene I nearly **** myself. 

Yeah, those two together is awesome. It's a shame they're only coming together for a Thing sequel. lol

2 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

@rackcs so what does the rest of this look like...

How long do we have from the end of the draft until we need to submit something?

We'll come to that when we get closer towards the end of the draft phase

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

OMG, I don't know how I'm going to be able to kill any of these characters.  I just want them sitting in a room in the middle of a blizzard yelling at each other for two hours about who is/isn't the thing. 

Plot twist: The only Thing was their distrust for their fellow man. The real monster was the humans. 

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

Yeah, those two together is awesome. It's a shame they're only coming together for a Thing sequel. lol

We'll come to that when we get closer towards the end of the draft phase

Plot twist: The only Thing was their distrust for their fellow man. The real monster was the humans. 

I used to like you.  I really did.  I thought you knew movies.  Now it seems you’re dead to me.  

Also, it’s a ****ing EQUEL.  Not a sequel.  It takes too place at exactly the same time as the 82 version.

Just now, Outpost31 said:

I used to like you.  I really did.  I thought you knew movies.  Now it seems you’re dead to me.  

Also, it’s a ****ing EQUEL.  Not a sequel.  It takes too place at exactly the same time as the 82 version.

lol

So I'm genuinely pretty excited to see most of these projects but these are the three I'm most anticipating in no particular order:

Outpost's Thing ripoff: Three great, great actors. Imo, three of the best working today. That alone makes this a must see.
JoshtraDaymus' Stephen King biopic: I wasn't a huge fan of the Carell pick at first but the more I think about it the more I love the idea of him as Stephen King. And I love Stephen King.
Fresh Prince's Treasure Island: Love pirate **** and I'm a huge fan of his casting choices so far

13 minutes ago, rackcs said:

So I'm genuinely pretty excited to see most of these projects but these are the three I'm most anticipating in no particular order:

Outpost's Thing ripoff: Three great, great actors. Imo, three of the best working today. That alone makes this a must see.
JoshtraDaymus' Stephen King biopic: I wasn't a huge fan of the Carell pick at first but the more I think about it the more I love the idea of him as Stephen King. And I love Stephen King.
Fresh Prince's Treasure Island: Love pirate **** and I'm a huge fan of his casting choices so far

Just wait until I get my next guy.  If I do, best cast ever.